i could have died yesterday....

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 9 2006, 10:55 AM

An effective antivenom is widely available. No deaths have occurred since its introduction almost 50 years ago.

Drama queen.

i wouldn't have died. you've got like an hour or two before anything really bad happens. plenty of time to hook up the anti-venom. but still, it would have sucked majorly having to trek to the emergency room and get all sick and shit

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Jan 9 2006, 01:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Jan 9 2006, 01:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Jan 9 2006, 10:56 AM

Those are called Black Widows in the States.

they're related, but are different spiders

[/b]

I get the impression that yours are waaaayyyy bigger. :yuck:

'Gang of sharks' kills Australian

An Australian woman from Brisbane has been killed in a shark attack at a popular beach near the city.

Ambulance workers said the 21-year-old suffered extensive injuries, losing both arms below the elbow and sustaining deep wounds to her leg.

Police suspect that several sharks carried out the attack, which happened on North Stradbroke Island.

The victim was thought to have been swimming in shallow water with a local church group when she was attacked.

Friends carried Sarah Kate Whiley from the water and she was quickly flown to hospital by helicopter.

However, she had lost large amounts of blood and had gone into shock. She died later in hospital.

source

and a fatal shark attack at Stradbroke Island

I remember being there last year and wondering what some buoys at a beach were for and being informed they were hooked lines with huge chunks of meat - which worked on the principle that if sharks were in the water they would take them instead. I remember thinking that was pretty stupid seeing it would just attract sharks from everywhere.

edit. beat me to it cash refund

another reason for you guys to stay home, the Irukandji Jellyfish.

oh, and they're virtually invisible (they're transparent and are only about the size of your thumbnail.)

irukandji2.jpg

i was watching a tv show about them and the pain they cause looks excruciating. and there is no anti-venom.

The initial sting of the jellyfish is usually not very painful. But about 5-45 (usually 30) minutes after being stung, the person starts to have a severe backache or headache and shooting pains in their muscles, chest and abdomen. They may also feel nauseous, anxious, restless and vomit. In rare cases, the victim suffers pulmonary oedema (fluid on the lungs) which could be fatal if not treated.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Jan 9 2006, 01:37 AM

I wanted to visit Australia sometime but that thing scared the shit out of me!

Are there a lot of spiders in the city? (I'm not sure which city you live in).

I'm pretty sure the most venomous spiders are 'funnel-webs' which live on the north shore of sydney. However, after reading shit about those US spiders that have venom that breaks down flesh real fast and gives people festering holes, I woudn't be too worried.....Unless you go to the north shore:

funnelweb1.jpg

funnelwebfemale.gif

They live in holes in people's yards: and can bite through thumb nails;)

funnel-web.jpg

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Jan 9 2006, 03:03 AM

what are you guys so scared of?

you have fucking rattlesnakes

Rattlesnakes are out in the Dessert in Texas or some shit. As far as I know you don't see Rattlesnakes in the city. Any city.

And that Funnel Web jawn sounds like the absolute grimyest spider I've ever heard of. :yuck: If we have ANYTHING like that here in the States I for one have never heard of it.

And I repeat.... HOW THE FUCK YOU GONNA JUST LET A GIGANTIC BEAST LIKE THAT JUST CHILL IN YOUR CRIB!?!? FOR 2 WEEKS!?!? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Jan 9 2006, 03:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Jan 9 2006, 03:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Jan 9 2006, 01:47 PM

And I repeat.... HOW THE FUCK YOU GONNA JUST LET A GIGANTIC BEAST LIKE THAT JUST CHILL IN YOUR CRIB!?!? FOR 2 WEEKS!?!? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

they're around all the time. and have been around my whole life. to me it isn't anything out of the ordinary

[/b]

They're the size of a fucking rat! Do yall let the rats chill too???

Do they bite?

We also got killer kangaroo's. Like this one time I was obviously riding to school in my kangaroo in the middle of the street, as we do, and and a ruffnecker ozzie rulez playa kicked the oval ball up in my face. So I orderd my slave kangaroo to fly kick this honkey in the head. He obviously died

Thats how we role.