Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

yeah, before and after you paint, eat food and drink a lot of water. it will help you in not being affeted as much, and will help your body get rid of it easier.

i had decided before i paint next that i am getting one. i had known a lot of this stuff before, but i am reading this book called The Crazy Makers. its about how the pesticides and preservatives in our food are whats making people have ADD and tons of deaseases like cancers. but it talks about how bad some of the chemicals are for your brain. and i'm paranoid after reading this.

one time i was painting in the yard with one of my friends and there is a light way down at the beginning of the yard. well my friend was on the panel of the car closer to the light. i look over and could barely see him cause the light was hitting all the fumes. he was in a huge cloud. ar first i laughed, then i realized how scary that is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those little sugical masks won't help you avoid what you are trying to avoid.

on another note, how long do people usually notice problems?

after 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? What have you guys heard.

All I know is this post has helped me, but made me very very paranoid. Every time i pee, and shake, and then have some more left, i think OH NO! could it be??? yea...

ok...also the fumes from paint can hurt ur eyes too so...would it help to wear those plastic eye things?

btw, that thing happens everytime i piss lol

Guest GorbortOrman

-A question for Ouija...

I want to know if crohns disease, IBS(Irrtable Bowel Syndrome), and Ulcerative Colitis(sp?) have any relation to paint chemicals or inhalation. I dont have a good mask right now but I'm getting one soon. I remember in a post a few monthes back you said that paint inhalation causes 'gastrointestinal(sp?) diseases' Thats why i'm asking this cause I have killer intestinal pains and i have been hospitalized 3 times already for it in the last year and I paint almost everyother day atleast. Fill me in if you can... thanks

Well, I've been wearin a mask for a year and a half almost since I heard about the pissin blood shit and all the drama that comes with that, but I still went without one for like 5 years...

alkaline- thanks for posting that, that shit is crazy, I would have never thought of having medical problems from latex gloves. I bet most of the people who read this thread skipped right by your whole post because of it's length. I probley already have symptoms of this and don't even know it... I prolly just blame it on the booz or smoking... but I have gloves on for like 25 hours every week, and condoms on about the same amount of time. and it's not even like you can just stop using condoms cause you fear this, and I've never seen Nitrile condoms... or not yet at least. maybe thats the next thing coming out, that would be ill, cause there are alot of girls allergic to latex, which puts you on the spot to make the decision... go raw, or go home... which sucks.

anyway... thanks

Originally posted by dr. frink one

i just have to ask....what are some minor side affects you guys are feeling now..., or major ones for that. Sometimes i think i am just being paranoid....i wear a mask, but juts wondering if people could list some minor things they notice.

some of the shit im noticing with me is twitching...and bloody noses this has been going on for a while now and im to subbren to go get it checked out....it started 3 months ago and has been going on ever since..not bad but some time when i work out or play vegoris(sp) sports i notce my muscles start to wig on me on go into this twitching sence and i some time bleed at the nose to...i paint indoors sometimes and ur main color does reaccure in ur snot like sayone mentioned...no i dont look at me snot its just kinda hard not to when u see blue or a teal color highliting ur bugers..lol...i paint at my cuzes once and a while and i forget my mask at times and he only has one and hes always using it...well it sucks cause its indoors and i breath all this in well its making it worse not better...so to all those that paint...remember ur masks and gloves no matter what the situation calls for.........:D

• 3 weeks later...

i read this thread about two weeks ago.. and since then, ive been so careful with everything.. gloves, masks. all that great stuff..i plan on checking back to this thread just to remind myself of how bad fumes and such really are... ive been making lts of krink, which has lots of oil.. and ive been getting alot of it on my skin.. what will this do....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pullatrigger

huff huff huff mmmmmmm

:D paint smells good. damn. fuck a mask sniff that shit. I fuckin squirt paint into my nostrils because i like cant get enough of it.

By the way, has anyone seen that episode of Cops with the dude who sniffed one 20 oz can of paint everyday? He was like a zombie, practically brain dead.

PEACE. TVC!

Yeah Uumpa Lumpa, I'm going to do the same thing, I ead this post and then went and got myself a mask and painted with it the first time last night and it was so good. I didn't feel shit afterwards at all.

And Amuser, I think you may be right..I always feel worse after chromies too....

Especially if you use Australian "Export" type paint..I swear that stuff is toxic as fuck...

Chrome and other metallics are more harmful than regular paint. On domestic brands like rustoleum and krylon, there's a VOC (volatile organic content) percentage on the bottom. Most normal paints are 60-65%. Metallics are 80-85%. What that means is that 85% of the vapors in metallics are harmful to the human body. Also, metallics actually contain metal, which is why old chromies tarnish and fade after time. Metal is generally not good to breathe in.

Guest 40ozProphet

damn,thanks everyone on this site for this info.luckily,ive just done small quick tags with markers and havnt done anything with spray paint.you all just saved my healthy life :king:

Guest Porcheezee

its also very important not to fo anything dangerous such as: climb up to a high area such as a rooftop or billboard or expressway overpass, and never ever ever go into abondoned buildings or near live trains, especially passenger trains such as the metra, because they are very heavy and can kill you. also you should stay out of bad neighborhoods because there are all sorts of ruffians about that can be harmful or fatal. avoid fights or physical altercations of any kind. other good health tips:

get your flu shots every fall

always wear a scarf if it's cold out

don't have sex before you're married

don't drink or smoke

eat right- you'll be proud of yourself

stay away from illegal substances of any kind

following these simple tips will definatly keep your overall health at a maximum, hell you could live to 100!

it hurts

lately my lungs have been hurting at times...ouch...not even when painting it hurts to breathe...even though ive been wanting a mask...ive been out of a job for a while but should have one soon and ill be getting a mask...i hope the hurting isnt from painting...ill never stop though!thanks for the info everyone!:cool:

Guest DASK NCK

i dont have a mask yet, im workin on getting one. I just hold my breath and then step away from my "canvas" and then go back...

Hey Sykorok

Sykorok- Have u been breathing hard out in like really cold weather perhaps? Cause thats happenned to me and afterwords my lungs hurt like a bitch for days and sometimes weeks. Just wondering...Oh yeah and i wouldnt breathe in anything where you can see the particles everwhere...like chrome or metallic

Guest JoeHatesCops

yeah

I was painting once with three other people, and we had a mask, and two bandannas and we were trading off like, when a person was doing their fill they got it, even then, we were coughing up paint

Word up to this post, we can't have writers dying left and right....one day after painting i realized i couldn't walk straight....so I thought to myself...that probabally means brain cells are dying! YAY....it's been all about the respirator ever since then.....another thing....paint fumes are HORRIBLE for your eyes....i'm not saying people should wear goggles when they paint, in fact, i have no solution....i guess just get creative...

thanks for all the info...i never used to wear gloves...I may start...

COLT

Just paint with your eyes closed..ha. At least you could try it out. Or maybe put on some real dark sunglasses and wheel around in a motorized wheel chair and have a seeing eye dog and carry a back pack full of your gear and bomb. If you were disguised as a blind guy i bet the cops would never fuck with you.

Archived