Vacationland

oOsoupOo

- THOT hands are crushing it

- everyone loves to hate on the toys.

- until they get a vandal squad and until they photocopy your id whenever you buy spray paint this city isn't hot

- FRED kills it

Seconded.

Also if people are too scared to go out because they don't want to get arrested or thrown in jail, they shouldn't write. And I remember someone saying tags are only one part of a well balanced writer. an essential part, but one part none the less.

Cevs hands are always a good sight to see.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Its not just one part it the MOST important and essential part! it gives everything else credibility. Without a good hand you are a spray can artist.. not a writer! Which is fine if that's what you want to be, but call yourself a artist. Not a writer, thats offensive as hell to writers who have sacrificed loves, life, time, money, and health for this. A writer is a trade and skill that is judged by other writers only, that's why hands matter so much. That said you can also master both (see RICH) but that takes decades and more. I dont want to hear about your art show after five years of doing the legal wall and bridge spots. I dont want to hear that you once bombed in another country or state somewhere else when you where young, but now "you are old at 30" and dont have time for kid stuff like bombing. If that's what you wanna do cool.. but dont ever EVER use graffiti to sell your "spray paint art" because it "edgy".. WRITERS catch tags for life! Yeah you might take time off to raise a child, or move somewhere, chill with a new career, but you ALWAYS come back! its not a hobby, its not something to get you ahead in life or make money. Its a lifestyle a commitment to the history and trade of a legacy of past writers! Its a statement against private property and the buying and selling of everything, its true freedom! Only drippy tags, dusted throw ups, roof top silvers, bathroom scribes, monikers and rolling metal can keep that alive! So remember.. hands are everything! and when you say your a WRITER, know what that means and the legacies you are standing for! Peace.. keep bombing!

• Like 1

Preach Bigdork. It all starts and ends with the tag! As you just eluded to, the importance and integrity of the Tag.

Nothing I love more than doors packed full of tags. Grew up on that.

Guess I was being a little harsh on their hands, I'm just a fan of handstyle aesthetic I suppose. Seriousness of the TAG!

Not that these are All gems (these are loaded with regional gems) or beauties for example, but getting 20-30 different people at different points in time all naturally collaborating like this is awesome.

Slowly built over time tag by tag. That's what makes any spot like this special.

It doesn't always have to be an instant boom of big disjointed and flamboyant tags.

However that doesn't exclude dirty grimy aggressive colossal graffiti either, because the same philosophy can be applied regardless of the application.

Well placed and relatively sized components added together and working off of each other and its surroundings builds a greater overall graffiti moment.

And that's what its all about right? Graffiti moments. Does that make any sense guys, or am I overly critical?

In general I do tend to fall on the side of a chain only being as strong as its weakest link so that inherently entails that I'm a miserable overly critical prick i guess.

Sorry for the novel. This is just my opinion on things, and wasn't intending to lecture. Just create a topic of discussion i guess.

If anything, if any young cats are on here you may learn something, and that's better for everyone. In the end its all Graffiti.

(stolen-RobReactFlickr:early90'sbos)

416982945_19bfb04e19_z.jpg

• Like 1

Not new to the thread, had to make a new account because my old one got messed up, but Bigdork, so much respect for you giving your piece on the vital importance of tagging. Its the building block for everything else. Like Ralph Rock's door shows, you can see that Mes' handstyle has evolved overtime, and my guess is that with the development of a better flowing handstyle, his pieces got better too. Not really sure where I'm going with this, but I just wanted to thank you for pointing out the importance of having a good hand style. I know when i first started it was all about trying to make the pieces look good, never concerned about the tag, but I realized that you always will come off as a toy if your handstyle looks like shit. Lesson learned, always start with the handstyle.

Old flicks:

841aa425-3c58-46d4-8099-99f7e656573f.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg