Girls who rock

Fatty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACETPFE is a jackass...plain and simple. I have said it once and I will say it again, people shouldn't talk shit about things they know nothing about. I am a big fan, and saying that her characters aren't "graffiti" just show you are pretty stupid. Seriously, think before you open your mouth, know your shit, instead of just making idiotic blanket statements....much respect to Reminisce, many female writers, and anyone out there not always sticking to the conventional graffiti styles....

otherwise

Frinks list of girls who rock:

Devilush

Devilush

Devilush...

the list kinda gets monotonous after that

HATERATION

Sounds like acet is jealous to me. females get hated enough dont u think

we could at least stick together? jesus. and if youre trying to pull someones card...where is your shit up? if that chick bombs horses on the highway then that shit is dope....if dudes can do dick fillins y cant u support this chick?

ladies who paint...

Frisco kids, you forgot Meta and Asia. And Asia started a girl crew called HMP back in the day. As far as Rem not being a writer...ridiculous! San Fran has a long tradition of breaking the rules of graff and keeping shit fresh, rebelling against that old "it has to have arrows, it has to have 3d" shit. So, if Rem isn't a writer, then neither is Twist, Heart, Aeros (ahhh, who remembers Aeros for 50 graff points!), and countless other Bay Area kings because they don't just do burners with arrows and 3d and shit. I'm proud of the fact that SF challenges the rules of graff. This would be a stale town if everyone just ripped off burners from the East Coast. God bless the rebels.

I didn't mean to ramble like that. Sorry.

Guest THE LAW

Re: AND THEY CATCH FEELINGS.......

Originally posted by ACETPFE

... JUST SIT DOWN AND RETHINK EVERYTHING BEFORE YOURE QUICK TO TALK SHIT BEHIND YOUR C0MPUTER SCREEN. .

take your own advice.

Guest WebsterUno

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

The amount of work AND creativity put into

her art, AND locations of choice were ON POINT!…

BOW DOWN!…

Sorry I had to change my comment a lil.

Bottom line, she impressed me more

than every other Tom, Dick and Harry

that pushes that tired ass bar style.

My whole thing was to stray away from

those styles to stand out from the crowd.

How could one get propers dropping

something someone else already did.

Thats considered wack, no?

Originally posted by IHOPEYOUDIE

MAIN 2 SECRET ALONE

STRICTLY CLEAVAGE 2002

Haha, can't sleep on the SEX CLUB girls. Oh yeah, Eski is fucking dope too. Her interview is nuts. I give props to any girl that beats the shit out of a jerky ex-boyfriend. I didn't join the Laurena Bobbit fan club for nothing!

:D

ahhhhh now dr. frink, i havent painted in 5 years now. but thank you for putting me on your "girls that rock list". ;)

my all time faves: rem, post, miss van, tash, main2, eski, super, and asia.

Originally posted by ACETPFE

.... THATS A SERIOUS DEFINITION OF GRAFFITI..

I HEAR YOU BUT IM TALKING ABOUT GRAFFITI IN TERMS OF TODAY, SLAPPING SOMETHING ON SURFACE COULD BE CONSIDERED SOME KIND OF ART .. BUT WHEN THE TERMS "WRITER" AND "GRAFFITI" ARE USED LOOSELY THATS WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH.

DOING HORSES WITH SPRAY PAINT AND CALLING YOURSELF A "WRITER" IS IGNORANT. GRAFFITI GOES MUCH DEEPER THAN ANY ASSHOLE USING A CAN, ITS ABOUT LETTERS (WITH STYLE.. ) AND DOING CONNECTIONS AND PULLS AND EXTENSIONS. MAYBE ON THE ART TIP REM IS GOOD BUT THIS IS A GRAFFITI MESSAGE BOARD AND ITS ABOUT GRAFFITI.. AND ANYWAYS THERE ARE GIRLS OUT THERE WHO DO DO LETTERS AND ACTUAL PIECES THAT I WOULD CONSIDER GRAFFITI.

acetpee:

girl....i dont understand where you are going with your definition of graffiti. you have to understand that you are in this hobby because you enjoy it, and not because you sit there and try to break down the "meaningful" part of graffiti. how can you not call rem a graf writer? she is one of sf finest and hardest bomber out there. don't call that ignorant either. you're being ignorant. i am not going to call you wrong, but you are being ignorant as hell. graf is not all about peicing and making a wall all pretty. take for instance KERSE here in sf. his shit is ugly as hell. but shit, we still call it graffiti. he has no letter styles what so ever. but we still call it graffiti. writer is a person that does graffiti. and graffiti (in technical terms) meaning a drawing or inscription made on a wall or other surface usually seen by the public. that is graffiti. and that is my most people do it. they do it so it can be seen. and that is a term that is used even today. even paleontologists use that term for scrawlings on the walls by the cavepeople. it seems like that you are breaking down the aspects of graffiti wayyy to another level where its not fun anymore. i think you need to sit down and reasearch some things before you start talking about someone not being a graf artist just because that person doesnt do "letters" or "fill-ins" or even "tags".

plus, you said "MAYBE ON THE ART TIP REM IS GOOD"...what part of graf isnt art??

Guest Can you sign my book???

I have to add my asshole two cents in here and say THE REAL MTA IS FROM QUEENS NY!!!Not the west coast...And painting horses is not graffiti, but the minute it leaves a canvas and hits the streets, fuck it, its graffiti...As much as I believe in style with letters, graffiti has evolved out of that box, whether you believe it or not...Just dont forget where this shit comes from would be my wisdom of the day!!!

Guest Sico~tic

Girls rock

Hey skullfucker:

"GIRLS AINT WERTH SHIT"

not only could my girlfriend outdraw you but shed kick your ass so fuck off

~ SiCO~tiC ~

Girls can draw too so all you stupid muthafuckers that dont get any play maybe you should think about giving them some respect

Guest Can you sign my book???

Basically, I think graffiti is a lifestyle of sorts...If you are drawing horses on paper or on canvas, is that graffiti???NO...But going out on the streets and bombin them, and raking paint to paint them, and dodgin cops to put them up, Im willing to say that is graffiti...Many purists or whatever would disagree, but fuck it...Plenty of old school writers would say if it aint on trains, its not graffiti...You feel me???And I also meant that graffiti has moved beyond doing letters...And to claim graffiti is only with letters is being narrow minded...Im being hypocritical because I have definitely knocked some of the more "Abstract" writers but fuck it...One of my favorite throwies is SABE from NY...His faces are sick and he bombed them...I guess puttin in work is what makes it graffiti to me...Taking risks, going out on a limb, thats it to me...Maybe not you or the next person...Whatever...

Archived