train wrecks

PistolPaka

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when I was little I use to try and derail freight trains, i would pill shit on train tracks that I thought would derail the train. I never stuck around to see the train crash and burn, I got bored and left after an hour.

I dont know what I was thinkin as a shorty, now I love freights ,go figure?

• 2 months later...

The worst accident in the history of the New York subway system—the Malbone Street wreck of 1918, which killed at least 93 people—happened because an inexperienced strikebreaker drove a train too fast.

On Nov. 1, 1918, ten days before the end of World War I, motormen of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers went on strike against the Brooklyn Rapid Transit Company, the forerunner of the BMT. BRT officials decided to keep the trains running, using nonstriking workers to drive them.

One of the strikebreakers was Edward Luciano (a.k.a. Antonio Luciano, Anthony Lewis, and Billy Lewis), a 23-year-old BRT dispatcher who’d never driven a train outside of the yards before. He did a 10-hour shift on the Culver line (now the F train), a relatively straight and level route. When rush hour came, the BRT put him on a second shift on the curvier, hillier Fulton Street-Brighton line, which demanded much more skill.

Luciano piloted the five wooden cars from Park Row in Manhattan down the elevated line on Fulton Street, but missed the turn onto what are now the Franklin Avenue Shuttle tracks and had to back up. Trying to make up for lost time, he overshot the Park Place station and skipped the next one.

At Malbone Street, where the Franklin Avenue tracks went underground to connect to the Brighton line—now the Q line—at Prospect Park, there was an S-curve with a 6-mph speed limit. Luciano took it at somewhere between 30 and 70 mph. The first car derailed. The second smashed into a concrete abutment, ripping off its roof and side. In the third car, survivor Walter Simonson told the New York Times, “I felt the car rise from the rails and turn partly over, striking against the concrete pier at the entrance to the tunnel with such force as to tear out the entire side of the car.”

Most of the people in those two cars were killed or seriously injured. Some were decapitated or impaled on iron bars. The crash was heard a mile away, the Times said. The official death toll was 93 people, but up to ten more may have died of injuries later; more than 100 were injured.

Luciano left the scene and was arrested at his home later that night. He and five BRT officials were charged with manslaughter. The motormen decided to end the strike at 2 a.m.

In the aftermath, the five BRT officials and Luciano were acquitted, but the company went bankrupt. The subway lines replaced the antiquated wooden cars with metal ones, and they installed automatic trippers that stop the trains if they go too fast. The name “Malbone Street” evoked such bad memories that it was changed to Empire Boulevard-though a half-block strip survives at the southern edge of Crown Heights.

And in the three subway strikes since the system was consolidated in 1940, there has been no serious talk of having “replacement workers” run the trains.

malbone.gif

for thos of you familiar with the franklin ave shuttle -

this shit happened between Botanical gardens and prospect park.

• 5 months later...

Bringing it back...

Train Wreck Head-on Collision

This is a spectacular first person view of two trains colliding. The train that the camera is on did try to put the breaks on but it's way to late and the crash is inevitable. There were 5 crew members involved, 3 jumped and 2 rode it out. No one was injured but 2 of the 7 locomotives flipped over.

"If you've wrecked one train, you've wrecked them all."

-----------------

Oh yeah... American Gladiators returns in H fucking D!

Enjoy that amazing footage.

Bringing it back...

Train Wreck Head-on Collision

This is a spectacular first person view of two trains colliding. The train that the camera is on did try to put the breaks on but it's way to late and the crash is inevitable. There were 5 crew members involved, 3 jumped and 2 rode it out. No one was injured but 2 of the 7 locomotives flipped over.

"If you've wrecked one train, you've wrecked them all."

-----------------

Oh yeah... American Gladiators returns in H fucking D!

Enjoy that amazing footage.

what they dont mention, is that the 3 who avoided th stop signal, the one without the camera jumped out long before they collided, 2 tested postive for cocaine use. They fell asleep which is why they didnt see the red.

The two on the camera'd engine, rode it out, the conductor broke his pelvis, pulled his engineer out, then shut off all the engines

MAD DOPE!

trippy...i have to dig some videos out on you tube, i am sure there are plenty for some strage reason..

http://carrules.blogspot.com/2007/12/amtrak-371-chicago-crash-november-30.html

http://wjz.com/local/csx.train.derail.2.606722.html

http://www.newsvirginian.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WNV%2FMGArticle%2FWNV_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353783987&path=!news!localnews

and that only took a few minutes lol...

on a simle search of csx and ns..i wonder if the other lines have it so bad..

Archived