Diamonds Are ForSuckers

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you're really concerned about buying a blood diamond you can always buy Canadian:

Canada’s diamond industry has now become a $1.7 billion industry with all indicators pointing to potential for future growth. Canadian diamond production in 2002 was almost 5 million carats and in 2003 was 11.2 million carats.

Canada has been a leader in the process to control the conflict diamond trade. It has supported the United Nations in this initiative and in June 2002, in Kananaskis, Alberta, this country and other G8 leaders pledged support for an international effort. Canada has now passed legislation to control the import, export and transit of rough diamonds in Canada. By participating in the Kimberley Process, Canada is doing its part to halt the devastating impact that trade in conflict diamonds is having on peace, security and sustainable development in affected countries.

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mms/diam/index_e.htm

I worked in a Pawn shop for a few years, and I know the HUGE scam about diamonds. They are way overpriced. Same thing with gold.

Some guy wanted to pawn a 10 karat gold wedding band with some diamond chips. He paid $1,200 for this piece of crap.

I told him we don't take 10 karat gold. If we did take his ring, he would have got maybe $20 for it.

He was pissed and called me a liar so I kicked him out.

aser1ne

finding a bag of diamonds

and buying a diamond whose origins and history you don't know

are totally different.

of course i would be happy to profit off the morons who think diamonds are the shit.

that's a no-brainer

however, i don't see myself shitting my pants over anything except an extremely powerful laxative.

Originally posted by symbols@Feb 22 2005, 12:26 PM

however, i don't see myself shitting my pants over anything except an extremely powerful laxative.

good thing you didnt have those 'discounted' chicken wings

with extra hot sauce that I had last night. It was a close one.

Originally posted by symbols@Feb 9 2005, 09:32 AM

twenty two thousand?!!

it takes me almost 9 fucking months to earn that much money.

you better believe, if someone is crazy enough to marry me, we will not be having any thousand dollar shindig. i'm talkin cocktail weenies at the courthouse baby, with a luxurious honeymoon in tahiti

:haha:

sounds awesome..and inexpensive :king:

makes me think twice abou the marriage shit..eventhough m too young to be worrying about marriage but i see so many couples splittin after the "loved" each other to death. damn and then gettin the divorce is expensive as fuck as well..so much money to get with her, then so much to get away from her...tsk tsk...all that money gone to waste...

Archived