Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Phere, you have skills man. You really do. Excellent work. As Nuce said though, the connection point that isn't closed by an actual connection is a bit confusing.

Here's some stuff I did tonight for a battle.

2-1.jpg

SkimOne.jpg

SkimOnePiece.jpg

Can I please get some crits? Thanks, guys. I am really impressed with myself from what I did today, I think I might be starting to get my style back...I really hope I am. Thanks again, guys.

everybody is extending their 3d all the way to he vanishing point recently.

That's not really how it's done.

It's supposed to be pulled toward a vanishing point, but follow the outline.

check some non toy shit for examples.

and stop using arrows people... seriously... not cool....

• Like 1

Thanks for crits, i wanna work on this ( sorry for my english )

I know thats 3D sux... but today i make my first Sketch with colors and 3D.

rsugrr.jpg

+ one more :

x1hjyg.jpg

sorry for my Handstyles, but i work on this ( handstyles )

again sorry for my english

crits ?

im just busting your balls, i really could care less to tell the truth.

I know that my work's bad...I really do know it despite what a lot of you think. But, is it really THAT bad? I've been working with simples A LOT, and I tried to do something of my own; create a style all of my own. I think it's at least halfway decent, but it needs MAD work.

I'm the first to call myself a toy, because I am one and I know it. I take teh risk of being mocked and laughed at by the better writers on here by posting my work, but it's for a learning experience...I want to LEARN how to get better through the advice of others better than me.

I just wish it could be in more detail that advice is given.

I need help pickin' my new name. I've been outta the game for quite a while (a few years).

I was looking at Vista, but it seems a bit hard to work with.

I like the letters E, R, M, S, I, O, A, K, N, T, H, L. Any ideas?

erms haha?

sik em?

I FEEL like im playing some shitty word game.. :confused:

Its pretty bad on the real homie. I wasn't flexing don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from with that last post, It was battle..gotta flex what you got. All i would say is look back at what RUNE1 did. He post in this forum often, though i dont know where hes been at lately. Anyways, he was straight rockin fonts off the computer or somthing..his stuff didn't have like a definative style, but thats what you gotta do to get there. What i did that helped me when i was a kid coming up is i would just find food labels and stuff..and just straight jack that style. Take a candy logo and make it say your name. This will help with you understanding different letter styles and how to imagine how to produce your letters..because more often then not will you have to study those letter styles to understand how your letters will look in order to stay common with the other letters..know what i mean? try that and post it up.

• Like 1

Its pretty bad on the real homie. I wasn't flexing don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from with that last post, It was battle..gotta flex what you got. All i would say is look back at what RUNE1 did. He post in this forum often, though i dont know where hes been at lately. Anyways, he was straight rockin fonts off the computer or somthing..his stuff didn't have like a definative style, but thats what you gotta do to get there. What i did that helped me when i was a kid coming up is i would just find food labels and stuff..and just straight jack that style. Take a candy logo and make it say your name. This will help with you understanding different letter styles and how to imagine how to produce your letters..because more often then not will you have to study those letter styles to understand how your letters will look in order to stay common with the other letters..know what i mean? try that and post it up.

THANK YOU! That is the critique that I have been looking for. PROPS to you, sir!

ok the red one is ok but dont add on worthless random edges and shit the same with the pen one now your throwie is fucked all 2 hell i owuldnt try to make all the bottoms or tops look the same the k is okay but the a is weird and the h is too wide on the legs and too spread out you need to simplify your shit

Read this in some magazine i have in a collection from a while ago.

Always stuck with me. Can't remember who said it though. But I had it pasted to a notepad.

"...however not all criticism is accurate. Some use it as a power game over others. Often the people who give the most shit are the one's who can't handle any shit but foolishly still persist. Some criticise and say, "you haven't done this or that yet", while some people run out and try to prove themselves, and other just don't care because they are secure in their knowing. It's up to you what you want to do with the criticism - accept and use it or don't care about it and keep doing whatever you believe in. In the end, you're not painting for others enjoyment and taste in style - but your own."

Read this in some magazine i have in a collection from a while ago.

Always stuck with me. Can't remember who said it though. But I had it pasted to a notepad.

"...however not all criticism is accurate. Some use it as a power game over others. Often the people who give the most shit are the one's who can't handle any shit but foolishly still persist. Some criticise and say, "you haven't done this or that yet", while some people run out and try to prove themselves, and other just don't care because they are secure in their knowing. It's up to you what you want to do with the criticism - accept and use it or don't care about it and keep doing whatever you believe in. In the end, you're not painting for others enjoyment and taste in style - but your own."

I'm giving you your first props for that, man. That was totally relevant, not to mention entirely true. You should find out who said it.

i totally agree with that statement, some people in here really shouldn't be giving others crits. We really need the old days of experienced writers giving cronstructive crits, not shitty kids saying "ahh dood brahhhhhh nice tagg brahhhhhh the arrows really set it offff brahhhh!"

I kinda hate it when these kids tell the other kids that their stuff is good when its not, and telling em its bad cuz they dont like em... but whatever. im realllly sleepy tired sick rigt now...

• Like 1

very true page good posts .......minus the fact there are no flics..but alas im contributing the the ranting.

There are a ton of things wrong with the toy thread,

1. Its not what it used to be..back in the day when i signd up...legit writers did come here and help ppl out..i cant thank them enough really helped me out...12 oz srsly goes through phases.

2. yea this thread is basically toys criting toys..ppl who dont know wat the fuck they are talking abt do call stuff dope ignorantly...but on the flip side a good piece is a good peice and a bad peice is a bad peice ...so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out wats good or bad abt soemthing

3. some pppl dont listen to what others have to say..and cuz of that are stuck in terms of progress of course some are not

4. some of the ppl giving crits are hypocrits and needa listen to their own advice..

in the end it is up to you to do ur own thing ...if u wanna listen or not..

.there are really dope ppl here obviously like Alts..who gives great advice...

..default advice always is start simple....and work ur way up..its called evolution....regardless of if wanna ppl here it or not..there is no quick fix..

and my elite member status means my e-penis is bigger than urs..:P i keed i keed...it just means i waste to much time here..internets really gay nowadays

Guest theDRIVER

criticism is pure opinion. there is no right or wrong. its art, there is no definite law.

either way, cheerios always come out on top. good cholesterol for the win.