Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

All of you rely too much on advice on the internet.

Let me lay it out for you.

Handstyle-AKA "tag". Use the word tag, and I will feast on your firstborn child. That word is only appropriate in FEW sentences. Such as when old school cats say "catch a tag". No, you cannot say that. You missed that time. THE WORD FOR 'TAG' IS HANDSTYLE, sometimes simply called a HAND.

THROWS-DON'T SKETCH them with a thousand lines!! The point is that it's fast and easy to put up. Stop doing your sketches by doing a thousand dashes to make one line. Instead, work on making one swift, graceful line.

PIECES-If you're on this thread with pieces, you shouldn't be doing them.

STRAIGHT LETTERS- This is where you will get your style. A lot of you don't get it through your head that you should ONLY BE DOING STRAIGHT LETTERS. After MASTERING straight letters, THEN start playing with the structure. You still don't work on pieces. AFTER you find your style, then you draw your basic letters, then add and style it to turn it into a piece. AFTER ALL THAT, then start doing pieces.

For now, I'd say the most important thing is your handstyle. While you're not painting, which you shouldn't be, work on it, and put it up but ONLY with the right tool [pilot, streaker, NO SHARPIE OR MARKS-A-LOT] and only when people on this thread say it's good to go. Writers can recognize what tool you used, and will judge you on that.

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH: KNOW YOUR LOCAL, NATIONAL, AND INTERNATIONAL HISTORY, AND WRITERS. Most likely, some king will inspire your style. Personally, DONDI CIA and ZEPHYR inspired me. NO, THAT DOES NOT MEAN BITING IS OKAY!! That just means that you will be INSPIRED. READ BOOKS!! Start by right now going to at149st.com and reading about all the writers [who are kings] and the crews on their. That's also a great place to check and see if what you want to write has already been taken by another well know writer.

When school starts, I would suggest spending most of your time sketching. It's a great time when you're not at home and no one's really watching. Keep a seperate notebook and sketch in PEN. When you don't have an eraser, you'll get to where your sketches are a lot neater. Don't sketch on homework, classwork, or notes. In the end, you'll have all of your notebooks filled with sketches if you do, and you won't be able to take notes when you need to. Trust me. I don't have a single page of notes from my sophmore year's notebooks.

Now go read something.

"You are a toy until further notice" -Espo [if you don't already have The Art Of Getting Over, go buy it right now. It's essentially your guide to the game.]

!!EDIT!!-KolonelSanderz and Vare_One, keep that fucking beef off the thread. Keep it to the streets and PM's. It's useless blathering.

I have been painting for 5 months, heres what i got... [ATTACH]31854.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31855.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31856.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31857.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31858.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31859.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31860.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31861.vB[/ATTACH] NEPA

IMG_0534.jpg.89cd62357056757a5661ff06fdcb3809.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg.6bc552d8400d3f076d3cb76a41475ba7.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg.ea1d01cc760fcfb59c42b861846b351e.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg.2219fc07c12d3460a8386b410c3dd461.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg.f56182485bf29acca55e04779eb3f8aa.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg.6d0cb88b92404fa917349d441e6bd034.jpg

greenhesh.jpg.1725ec4ec2eb9d03caf338820b84994b.jpg

blackhesh.jpg.f73ee48db84f59996546bc877da878c3.jpg

I have been painting for 5 months' date=' heres what i got... [ATTACH']31854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31857[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31858[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31859[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31861[/ATTACH] NEPA

mate u improved alot keep it up ur doin well i like the throie style with the face not the cleanest but looks good as the style was done u should hit trainlines with it alot like heaps but do it as a rushing look like dont spend lots of time n detail into it jus do wot u did there but without band ect n jus keep it basic n get up alot

dont squeeze your letters randomly' date=' see how they get smaller twords the end? dont make ur letters weird, do siimple block letters first, and scratch the colors....you got a long ways to go[/quote']

yeah i try but like when i write it, they just always end up like that block letters never work for me

Handstyle-AKA "tag". Use the word tag, and I will feast on your firstborn child. That word is only appropriate in FEW sentences. Such as when old school cats say "catch a tag". No, you cannot say that. You missed that time. THE WORD FOR 'TAG' IS HANDSTYLE, sometimes simply called a HAND.

THROWS-DON'T SKETCH them with a thousand lines!! The point is that it's fast and easy to put up. Stop doing your sketches by doing a thousand dashes to make one line. Instead, work on making one swift, graceful line.

STRAIGHT LETTERS- This is where you will get your style. A lot of you don't get it through your head that you should ONLY BE DOING STRAIGHT LETTERS. After MASTERING straight letters, THEN start playing with the structure. You still don't work on pieces. AFTER you find your style, then you draw your basic letters, then add and style it to turn it into a piece. AFTER ALL THAT, then start doing pieces.

For now, I'd say the most important thing is your handstyle. While you're not painting, which you shouldn't be, work on it, and put it up but ONLY with the right tool [pilot, streaker, NO SHARPIE OR MARKS-A-LOT] and only when people on this thread say it's good to go. Writers can recognize what tool you used, and will judge you on that.

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH: KNOW YOUR LOCAL, NATIONAL, AND INTERNATIONAL HISTORY, AND WRITERS. Most likely, some king will inspire your style. Personally, DONDI CIA and ZEPHYR inspired me. NO, THAT DOES NOT MEAN BITING IS OKAY!! That just means that you will be INSPIRED. READ BOOKS!! Start by right now going to at149st.com and reading about all the writers [who are kings] and the crews on their. That's also a great place to check and see if what you want to write has already been taken by another well know writer.

When school starts, I would suggest spending most of your time sketching. It's a great time when you're not at home and no one's really watching. Keep a seperate notebook and sketch in PEN. When you don't have an eraser, you'll get to where your sketches are a lot neater. Don't sketch on homework, classwork, or notes. In the end, you'll have all of your notebooks filled with sketches if you do, and you won't be able to take notes when you need to. Trust me. I don't have a single page of notes from my sophmore year's notebooks.

Now go read something.

"You are a toy until further notice" -Espo [if you don't already have The Art Of Getting Over, go buy it right now. It's essentially your guide to the game.]

!!EDIT!!-KolonelSanderz and Vare_One, keep that fucking beef off the thread. Keep it to the streets and PM's. It's useless blathering.

BUMP..

but... sadly this has been said over and over in this thread and it will do no good, because no one will listen, they will all jsut continue to suck ......

:)

i just started doin some wild style peices a little while ago and i dont think im any good at it

does anybody got some advice or a few pointers to suggest i would appreciate it. i write life

Go to the last page and read what I wrote. You're going about it wrong. Post pics, we'll tear you apart, but in a nice way. I promise.

EDIT!! I'll just post it for the new page.

Now go read something.

Some qucik sketches. I havent been wasting time on fills or that shit latley becuase im just trying to get better so ive just been working on my letters. Crits please.

Me and my girlfreind were doodling together:

maria.jpg

Been looking at the overkill site a lot lately and thought id try out a sketch:

overkill.jpg

Random word:

phow.jpg

Crits/comments thanks.

I decided that instead of writing words I should work on individual letters, that way I won't get caught up in the actual word.

letters3av.jpg

I'd like to eventually narrow the style down, right now this is just a "proof sheet" if you will.