Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gren1 bnc

lesta, uk!

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_b0b

That cost in the tower block is superb

Guest pom_one

97543599_cfecdcd8bf.jpg

only photo ive got from that belgrave wharehouse must be about 95

97543602_369b1b0d2b.jpg

97543605_d6a849e5bf.jpg

97543608_4502da1d71.jpg

97543609_0758f4cacb.jpg

solo1 down narborough road, long time gone

Originally posted by b0b@Feb 8 2006, 10:16 PM

That cost in the tower block is superb

I agreee Looks goood very good

cost paints everywere

derby lesta notts anywere els

good to see gren posting flicks again. and pom are you scanning the actual photo's in now instead of straight from digital . think we need to meet up mate and get the old flicks out... ;)

Guest pom_one
Originally posted by lestalad@Feb 9 2006, 05:23 PM

good to see gren posting flicks again. and pom are you scanning the actual photo's in now instead of straight from digital . think we need to meet up mate and get the old flicks out... ;)

definatly, mate. i'm so fuking slack, wish i'd made more scans from racee's book when i had it :( you got any flicks from the old belgrave warehouse?? there was that old tusk and harass and that blue Cost on those glass blocks?

Originally posted by pom_one+Feb 9 2006, 06:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pom_one - Feb 9 2006, 06:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lestalad@Feb 9 2006, 05:23 PM

definatly, mate. i'm so fuking slack, wish i'd made more scans from racee's book when i had it :( you got any flicks from the old belgrave warehouse?? there was that old tusk and harass and that blue Cost on those glass blocks?

[/b]

got them all mate. will have to pop up to you soon and we can get on the scanning tip..

now we talkin fellas! lesta action commin along. while ya at lestalads get them old st marks stuff out m8. arts and racee. some nice posts here. keep up the good work.p

Guest pom_one

found this

Paul Dexter joined Albert Street Artists (ASAS), already a serious painter. He began as a graffiti artist aged 15, inspired by the Cooper/Chalfont book about the New York graffiti scene of the 70's and 80's, adopting the pseudonyms CAPER and TEMPT, painting on walls, abandoned trains and buses around Leicester. Paul was attending Gateway sixth form college at this time, gaining and 'A' grade in art and design. He was offered a place at the school of art in Loughborough, but a brush with the police for his illegal art activities forced him to leave after six weeks to pay off court fines for graffiti. After two years of working in warehouses and supermarkets, suffering from severe depression and producing very few paintings, Paul left his work to make a pilgrimage to New York City, the original home of graffiti.

Paul returned in 1992, aged 20, to begin work producing designs for screenprinting. In 1995, aged 23, Paul was finally diagnosed as manic-depressive after an admission to hospital where he began producing small commissions for staff and patients on the ward.

In 1997, Paul began working in oils for the first time. A second admission to hospital in 1998 gave rise to a wide variety of imagery, chiefly small abstract works, which continued when Paul moved to Loughborough on his discharge from hospital.

Joining ASAS has seen Paul return to larger work. He is a regular visitor to current shows and reads widely about other artists, consciously accepting influences where he feels affinities - most notably at present - Picasso, Basquiat, and Freud.

The Tangent Gallery is open from 11am until 3pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Postcards and prints of Paul Dexter's work can be purchased at the Gallery. You can see a taster of the ASAS exhibition by clicking below.

ASAS03.jpg

ASAS02.jpg

ASAS06.jpg

Guest pom_one

beaumont leys sports center

i think rowdy soap 3rdeye and warp

leys-lesta.jpg

and what a fella caper was... actually all them st marks painters played a part in my upbringing in the graffiti world.

edit19ga.jpg

edit23lg.jpg

capa

;) nice posts lads.

the one under the artism racee posted by sire says wanted dead or alive

and i have never saw a daytime shot of that buck bus stop every flick of it i have saw is a night shot . that was by artism also

Guest pom_one

"He was offered a place at the school of art in Loughborough, but a brush with the police for his illegal art activities forced him to leave after six weeks to pay off court fines for graffiti"

i can think of someone else with a similer story ;) V

Guest pom_one
Originally posted by lestalad@Feb 11 2006, 04:23 PM

;) nice posts lads.

the one under the artism racee posted by sire says wanted dead or alive

and i have never saw a daytime shot of that buck bus stop every flick of it i have saw is a night shot . that was by artism also

i wish i could see a bigger pik of that, the one above ive seen b4, so sire you from leicester??

also lesta lad, remember orbe he's got a flickr page here

orbe