Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mindvapors+Feb 22 2006, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mindvapors - Feb 22 2006, 05:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lord_casek@Feb 22 2006, 04:14 PM

http://www.physorg.com/news11087.html

Quantum computer solves problem, without running

wow, thats crazy. just posted that on shoutwire, thanks.

[/b]

mindvapors: you can find more on the quantum computer on newscientist.com go to bugmenot.com for the password to read full articles.

Originally posted by Mainter+Feb 22 2006, 04:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Feb 22 2006, 04:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Feb 22 2006, 04:24 PM

5gb of ram?? that was a joke right?

and casek, thanks. i usually read up on it at http://www.quantumbiocommunication.com myself.

who said 5gb?

[/b]

you know i meant 4.

Rootkit Hunting vs. Compromise Detection

The presentation gave in Washington, D.C., at Black Hat Federal Conference in January 2006. It's about new generation of stealth malware, so called Stealth by Design (SbD) malware, which doesn't use any of the classic rootkit technology tricks, but still offers full stealth! The presentation also focuses on limitations of the current anti-rootkit technology and why it’s not useful in fighting this new kind of SbD malware. Consequently, alternative method for compromise detection is advocated in this presentation, Explicit Compromise Detection (ECD), as well as the challenges which Independent Software Vendors encounter when trying to implement ECD for Windows systems.

PPT Presentation

Demo movies (10MB)

vv-2.2-bin.zip

1.2 petabytes of storage

p2p news / p2pnet: Can you imagine world without data compression? And where you never have to back anything up?

US inventor Michael Thomas, owner of Colossal Storage, hopes to achieve exactly that. He says he's the first person to solve non-contact optical spintronics which will in turn utlimately result in the creation of 3.5-inch discs with a million times the capacity of any hard drive - 1.2 petabytes of storage, to be exact.

To put that into perspective, mega is 1,024 times kilo, giga is 1,024 times mega, tera is 1,024 times giga and peta is 1,024 times tera.

Back in May, 2004, we wrote, "Electrons' electro magnetic properties cause an interesting effect that you depend on. Absolutely. It's called electricity and electric current is measured by the abundance, or lack, of electrons in the ferroelectric nucleus, better known as voltage or static charge. Ferroelectric spintronics is, in turn, the method by which electric fields and photons change the properties of ferroelectric molecules."

In the past, data storage has only been able to orient the direction a field of electrons as they move around a molecule, Thomas told p2pnet. "But now there's a way to rotate or spin the individual electrons that make up, or surround, the molecule," he says.

"Normally all the electrons could spin randomly working against the best electrical signal. The electrons are also capable of spinning in both directions a once. But my unique method for creating uniform in-sync spinning electrons will for the first time allow a whole new field of science and electronics to emerge.

"With the ability to control electron spin we will see much smaller electronic devices on the market."

An analogy would be our solar system with all the planets circling the Sun in a clockwise direction. Spintronics would add spin to the planets and their moons in a determined direction as they rotated around the sun.

"One field under study is optical spintronics following Faradays laws," Thomas continues. "The potential data capacity is enormous, and there'd be a very high data transfer rate. Consequently, there'd be no need for expensive compression software like MPEG and others, and no need to backup data."

The goal of spintronics is to generate a perfect spin current using an electric field and UV photons in a high-k dipole dielectric material like a ferroelectric molecule, says Thomas, going on:

"It was important for the material to be a bianry dipole that could then be made reversible, have non-dissipative of power, and not suffer from leakage current lost over time."

What would this mean to you? It would allow the manufacture of double sided disks made by separating the ferroelectric molecular coating layers by a plastic, metal, glass, or ceramic substrate.

And how would this allow you to store immense amounts of data on the discs?

"I'm convinced intraband / outerband resonant absorption by circularly polarized UV photons leads to spin polarization of electrons and, that it's possible to create an 'Atomic Quantum Switch' which carries an electro-static field, electro-magnetic field, and spin orientation," he said.

"And that can be made to represent non-volatile 0's and 1's."

Thomas' agent in Japan is in talks with "several big name companies," he states, saying he expects it'll be two to three years before prototypes will be built.

"I'd say we can expect a finished product to be on the market in about four to five years," he says, adding the cost would probably be in the range of $750 each.

Thomas is a 30-year pioneer whose projects include a computer with a 3D display, instant response, able to run every available OS and application simultaneously, virtually no power consumption or moving parts and complete security - and whose physical component is about the size of a pack of playing cards.

Originally posted by NeRVe54@Feb 22 2006, 09:55 PM

vapors, my problem with FL5 is that when you put the samples on the playlist and shit, they dont go on straight and you gotta fix them til their perfect, where in FL4 you just clicked and they were placed evenly for you., and is that link for winrar??

your in luck then cuz i had the same prob, FL6 has an option to have them 'lock' in the grid just like ur saying.

Guest Sparoism

tsw218.jpg

This used to be my favorite sub when I did pro audio. Turbosound TSW-218.

That's an interesting idea, and the box looks really well made. With 12x12" subs, I guess you wouldn't want to take any chances.

The coils on the Adire DPL-12s are HUGE....240 watts RMS @ 4 ohms x 12......That's around 4000 watts, just for everything below 500 Hz. The dude's power meter probably spins like a top.

Mostly I keep thinking that this is WAY more bass than anyone needs...I'll bet his neighbors hate him.