Illustrator

dosoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

so i was just about to order the adobe classroom for illustrator cs2 when i started having doubts. maybe web tutorials are enough? if so what are the best ones you know? but the problem with those is it seems most of tehm are very specific and for a beginner like me i have no clue what i need to start with. my goals are to be able to take my drawing skills digital, and perhaps freelance a bit once i get the hang of illustrator and photoshop. so whats a good plan for learning illustrator?

PS sorry if this is a repeat question, but from what i searched i didnt find anything.

there are so many software programs i want to learn... illustrator softimage zbrush

ill be dead before i can even call myself proficient in any software

its nice to hear that there are others in the same boat

it would be interesting to start up a 12oz online classroom so you guys can teach us how to

use these things

so much crap to learn and so little time

for all you guys that want to learn illustrator etc....

get the program and START PLAYING AROUND.

it's as simple as that. the more you use it, the more you'll learn just by using it and peripherally noticing things by others created in the same program/s.

learning through software books sucks large, is no fun and is totally demotivating(at least to me it is). classroom in a book or any other illustrator books are great for reference, but the best way to learn something is to get hands on and make mistakes. this probably won't make you a design wizard in any short amount of time, but neither will a software book.

I've got Photoshop 7, but to be honest i have very little knowledge on how to work the ridiculous amounts of tools etc and have been playing around with it for about 3 months. I acknowledge this isn't very long but i really havn't got very far. I just want to learn fairly simplistic skills such as outlining and filling and fading drawings ive scanned in, but i've got nowhere. Probably best taking a course in it to be honest..

I've got Photoshop 7, but to be honest i have very little knowledge on how to work the ridiculous amounts of tools etc and have been playing around with it for about 3 months. I acknowledge this isn't very long but i really havn't got very far. I just want to learn fairly simplistic skills such as outlining and filling and fading drawings ive scanned in, but i've got nowhere. Probably best taking a course in it to be honest..

pic a tool from the pallet.... fuck with it until you have a decent understanding of it, and move on to the next one..... and realize youre never gonna use half of em... and stay away from filters and shit.....

i learned adobe pagemaker first and got a grasp of the tools... you learn by doing.... classes arent gonna teach you anything you cant learn yourself via experimenting and internet tuts....

i see what you mean. it's just when coming down to specifics i don't have the time to learn by practice. The reason i ask is because i want to do some stuff that can contribute to my portfolio, but i have a deadline for it and not enough spare time to fuck about with it. Thanks for the advice anyway!

if you dont have time to learn, how you gonna have time to work? so whats the point? theres no easy way to earn knowledge or skills... it takes dedication and sacrifice...... if youre not passionate enough about it to hone youre skills maybe it isnt the move for you.... nothing in this world thats worth it is easy.... im not tryin to be a dick, but if you really wanted to youd find the time.... you gotta want it bad enough to get it....

trying to figure out specifics can be incredibly frustrating i know...it's never in the books. the only way to figure that stuff out is if you just accidentally figure it out by fucking around, OR you know someone that knows illustrator or whatever that you can ask for help.

trying to figure out specifics can be incredibly frustrating i know...it's never in the books. the only way to figure that stuff out is if you just accidentally figure it out by fucking around, OR you know someone that knows illustrator or whatever that you can ask for help.

and even those people will be a lot more willing to help you out if its apparent that youre making a serious effort to learn....

Archived