Old School Europe...the roots !!

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these 2 young teenagers are the ones,who are part of the 2 double wholecars+more...running on the line 1986 copenhagen denmark!

1 of the writers is:secher...who was one of the most buzy guys from that time!

Originally posted by se_FOUR@Mar 21 2006, 10:38 AM

haha,

reading what Foam did to Sir Beau, id love to see what would happen to these two! :haha:

014.jpg

Originally posted by STYLEISKING+Mar 22 2006, 03:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (STYLEISKING - Mar 22 2006, 03:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>these 2 young teenagers are the ones,who are part of the 2 double wholecars+more...running on the line 1986 copenhagen denmark!

1 of the writers is:secher...who was one of the most buzy guys from that time!

<!--QuoteBegin-se_FOUR@Mar 21 2006, 10:38 AM

haha,

reading what Foam did to Sir Beau,  id love to see what would happen to these two! :haha:

014.jpg

[/b]

to be fair who cares what was happening in denmark in 1986!?

That wasn`t my point, my point was "Id love to see what Foam would`ve done to these two back then,hearing tales of what he did to others"

se_four, if you worked your ass of to be king today, then some asshole 20 years later said "who the fuck cares about that guy look at the weird clothes he is wearing" dispite the effort and risks you took, how then would you feel about that? give peace a chance (meant sincerely in a respect)

Originally posted by backfromgrave@Mar 22 2006, 10:31 PM

se_four, if you worked your ass of to be king today, then some asshole 20 years later said "who the fuck cares about that guy look at the weird clothes he is wearing" dispite the effort and risks you took, how then would you feel about that? give peace a chance (meant sincerely in a respect)

hey mate, with respect that wasn`t my point..

• 8 months later...

Innit. Saying that, that country is a good example of my original point. In the last 20 years they've done more than most to turn their graf into some weak commercial enterprise - sponsored 'writer teams', selling fucking balaclavas and bolties in graf shops ( :haha: ), making online train painting games... the list goes on. Its like Disneyland or something.

well i'm from germany, and, sadly enough, i have to agree on that one. the amount of corporate bullshit has already reached ridiculous level over here. nonetheless the bombing/trainscene is still going strong.

And I see little of the 'real graf' spirit that I see in London, Paris, New York and Sao Paolo.

hahaha, "real graf spirit". the guardian of the holy grail of graffiti has spoken.

• 1 month later...

question?

i' notice that most of these older

european works still resemble

early new york work.

who our what crew [ s ]

was responsible for the more typical modern

european graf, in the states we have trends but

fat cap train painting is a definitive euro style

i mean, we do use fat caps on trains here but

the whole astetic is different

any one know?

or was it just a slow transition rooted in your trditional

painting styles from art ?

thanks if any one can tell me some cool shit.>

bump for the flicks

question?

i' notice that most of these older

european works still resemble

early new york work.

who our what crew [ s ]

was responsible for the more typical modern

european graf, in the states we have trends but

fat cap train painting is a definitive euro style

i mean, we do use fat caps on trains here but

the whole astetic is different

any one know?

or was it just a slow transition rooted in your trditional

painting styles from art ?

thanks if any one can tell me some cool shit.>

bump for the flicks

i remeber when i discovered graffiti magazines in the early 90's i noticed writers in scandinavian(except demark)countries and some writers in france had more wacked out styles with fat letters, goofy, ulgy looking stuff you all know what im talking about. that's what most americans are talking about when they say "eurostyle." writers in germany, spain, the netherlands and denmark were more traditional. peices in england in the early 90's were real 80's looking, didn't seem influence by the rest of europe much at all, like they had the same influence from ny and just went their own way with it.

my understanding is that in the second half of the 90's, trains got a lot harder to do all over europe, so preferences switched to quicker, simpler easier ways of painting. those styles were already around, but they took over out of necessity.

i think writers like bando and bbc from paris were some of the first to do a distinctily european style still based on new york but you could clearly tell it was not from america. bbc crew especially did fat, simple rounded letters that seemed to be very influencial. you could probably trace a direct line from bbc pieces done at stalingrad in the early 80's to most european graffiti today.

its funny to how so much early 80's euro graff from different places looks so similar. all these writers were copying style wars and subway art indepently of each other, but so many of them came up with something very similar that didn't really look like nyc. the early copenhagen s-trains up there are an example of that.

more knowledgeble people please correct any errors ive made.

yeah nightsblood is more or less spot on...what happened (from what I understand)...is that while europe ie paris amsterdam and denmark...and the others....had a fairly similar style...london developed a slightly different style because of the isolation of the uk and the train painting scene...which was and has always been the best in europe....

I know alot of people wont like that comment but tuff...its true...no other country in europe had londons funk and multi ethnic graff scene on such a scale....not just that but london boasted boming and throwup kings ...exclusive to the underground train system....paris had street and train boming but not like london....the underground system and the types of trains was white steel....pieces just looked bad on londons trains....and the art fed off that funk....

cobble stone funk juice!lol

for me the most classic train pieces after new york were done in london during the late eighties and early nineties;)

yeah nightsblood is more or less spot on...what happened (from what I understand)...is that while europe ie paris amsterdam and denmark...and the others....had a fairly similar style...london developed a slightly different style because of the isolation of the uk and the train painting scene...which was and has always been the best in europe....

I know alot of people wont like that comment but tuff...its true...no other country in europe had londons funk and multi ethnic graff scene on such a scale....not just that but london boasted boming and throwup kings ...exclusive to the underground train system....paris had street and train boming but not like london....the underground system and the types of trains was white steel....pieces just looked bad on londons trains....and the art fed off that funk....

cobble stone funk juice!lol

for me the most classic train pieces after new york were done in london during the late eighties and early nineties;)

you are an idiot

Archived