Old School Europe...the roots !!

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Think Jano`s stories tell it best when it comes to the rest of Europe

You got it in one my friend. :haha:

A couple of people have said on this thread that European graf is dry these days, not like it used to be. I reckon some London and maybe Parisian writers do a good job of keeping graf alive in the way it was intended, I'm talking about the likes of DDS and TPK. Racking paint and that, not doing styles that have disappeared several miles up their own arseholes, and showing respect to the New York roots in a way that doesn't mean wearing ugly tracksuits with an Eastpak rucksack and saying "yo!" at the end of every sentence. Discuss.

Germany has more of EVERYTHING from transit terrorism to crasy

rooftops to tottaly smashed urban areas to 55 color burners along autoban, and berlin makes london look like banjoplaying backwater shithole

when it comes to graffiti. And if you think germans wich do have belton stacked from floor to the ceiling in their walmarts type of stores dont

rack your delusional.

There are more writers in germany than in france and uk

combined. There is no graffiti scene anywhere on this earth

wich is as competetive.

Discuss that.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blood_money@Mar 20 2006, 10:33 PM

rooftops to tottaly smashed urban areas to 55 color burners along autoban, and berlin makes london look like banjoplaying backwater shithole

when it comes to graffiti. And if you think germans wich do have belton stacked from floor to the ceiling in their walmarts type of stores dont

rack your delusional.

wich is as competetive.

Discuss that.

Oi idiot I swear the title of this thread is "Old Skool Europe, the roots!"

Not about today!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by se_FOUR+Mar 21 2006, 09:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (se_FOUR - Mar 21 2006, 09:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Blood_money@Mar 20 2006, 10:33 PM

rack your delusional.

wich is as competetive.

Discuss that.

Oi idiot I swear the title of this thread is "Old Skool Europe, the roots!"

Not about today!!!!!!!!

[/b]

Innit. Saying that, that country is a good example of my original point. In the last 20 years they've done more than most to turn their graf into some weak commercial enterprise - sponsored 'writer teams', selling fucking balaclavas and bolties in graf shops ( :haha: ), making online train painting games... the list goes on. Its like Disneyland or something.

Yeah they all smash it ("transit terrorism" give me a fucking break, fucking Eurotrash) but its so diluted and gay its not that interesting to me. And I see little of the 'real graf' spirit that I see in London, Paris, New York and Sao Paolo.

PS I hope my written opinions gets more of your backs up just for the comic value of the replies.

"The only good writers from continental Europe, do US style 'proper graff'. Though every writer I've met from Europe has been a right fucking dork. It's an English language thing ya see. It's fucking hilarious when continental writers write something they think is thought provoking, political or 'street' next to their pieces in English. It's always something woefully out of date, misinformed, corny, or really poofy sounding. Aaahh bless 'em! They try their best. When I think of European writers I can't help thinking of MC Mika G and 'Holiday Rap' for some reason. Backward baseball caps, mullets and big sneaker tongues sticking out, please." -Jano :haha: :haha:

I wish Montana Germany would bring out some sweatshirts with an embroidered Jano tag on the front, that way I could really show my support for him and graffiti in general. :haha:

Archived