bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

i get the fact that a daily bag doesnt need to be waterproof, TMK.

all im saying is if i didnt have four other bags to use i would get a rolltop.

mostly for aesthetic purposes, i admit.

blahhh,

derailleur pulleys dont need teeth. deal with worn teeth until you find replacements.

cheers to riding sante though, shimanos attempt to cut into suntours market.

too bad it didnt work out better for suntour.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hey Joker, I went into Super Champion today and I gotta say that its a great little shop and the guy on staff was super friendly and helpful.

Definitely going to bring my business there in the future.

http://www.superchampionshop.com/

Nice! I've not met everyone who works there, I just know the owner and he's super nice. Glad you had a good experience...

I made a few rolltop messenger bags back in 2003 or 2004. None of them really worked out.

Rolltop backpacks are fine in the winter but rolltop shoulder bags have three major flaws- first off, they're uncomfortable...well, maybe "unbalanced" is a better adjective. The second flaw is limited capacity- you can stuff way more crap into a regular messenger bag than a rolltop. The third is access- you can't dip into a rolltop messenger bag to get something when you're on your bike, you have to get off, take it off, open it, close it, put it back on...too many steps.

Now I'm beginning to wonder what happened to the ones I made. That would be funny if someone used my pattern to design some new bags.

Yo shai, they emailed me about my bag. Its in the works and will be getting to me shortly. I am super excited...also my boss gave me a free mountain bike, bad news is that it was poorly maintained and full of rust. Chain is okay I lubed it up and it seems to shift gears fine, any other pointers I should look out for?

is using a rear cog for a singlespeed bike really that much of a problem? my chainline is perfect, the chain is brand new and the cog i put the chain on (i had it in i think a 13, i moved it up to a 19) has only been ridden on for 4 hours. no matter how tight or loose i put the chain on it manages to either hop up one or two gears or drop down a bunch. half of the time this is because one of the nuts comes a little loose and it slips in the rear dropout which puts alot more slack into the chain and it will catch and hop up or fall down. but i tightened the hell out of it and it still hopped gears even without the hub sliding. now i grabbed the chain on both ends and pinched it and the rear hub moved a tiny bit but i dont think it is enough to effect the chain tension.

now do i need to buy a SS cog and my problems will be solved?

Yo shai, they emailed me about my bag. Its in the works and will be getting to me shortly. I am super excited...also my boss gave me a free mountain bike, bad news is that it was poorly maintained and full of rust. Chain is okay I lubed it up and it seems to shift gears fine, any other pointers I should look out for?

That's cool, sometimes they get behind on orders but I knew they'd get back to you.

For the mountain bike, grease everything/replace the cables, tubes and tires if it's been outside for a while, then put a metal basket on it and use it for store trips/picnics. Also, I would check to see if the seat and stem are frozen...if they are, penetrating oil might free them up.

That's cool, sometimes they get behind on orders but I knew they'd get back to you.

For the mountain bike, grease everything/replace the cables, tubes and tires if it's been outside for a while, then put a metal basket on it and use it for store trips/picnics. Also, I would check to see if the seat and stem are frozen...if they are, penetrating oil might free them up.

Everything looks fine, seat and stem are good cause I adjusted them

just the chain and gears where a little rusty so I lubed them up

I was thinking of getting some racks for it, he also threw in some kevlar road slicks for it...seems like i won in this deal

Really? I went to watch but I didn't see many people from your team out there. That looked like a really fun race to be in though, wish I could have been in it.

The 1/2 sprint at Cirque was so damn exciting though. Mr. Beardsley is on top of the OBRA world right now. Today, he got 1st in Madisons at the track with Blackwelder and could have taken a 1st in keirin but let his teammate have it and kept another guy off said teammate's wheel in the sprint. I pulled a 2nd place in the cat 4 points race... my head was spinning so much that I didn't realize the guy that got 1st had lapped our field on the solo run. He did the same thing in the 5 field earlier. Definitely a stronger rider than myself... I got a little out-tactic'd by the Word-RCB guys in the final 2 laps leading up to the double points sprint but in retrospect that wouldn't have changed anything had it gone differently.

Next up: Tabor Wednesday. I'm real stoked but I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me in the final lap or three of climbing...

I'm in the market for a new seat. The one I have was off an old Specialized and it got the job done for a while but anything over 50 miles and my junk with start to go numb. Anyone have any recommendations for a seat that would remedy that situation? Money is tight for right now but still being able to feel my balls on a ride is worth the extra couple bucks.