bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

thanks rubbish heap i guess im going to keep searching because i was only going to use my bike for street riding. also thanks a lot joker, next bike is getting the fender job. the weather is shit right now, i still ride my bike to school everyday which kinda sucks but whatever

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You can get full fenders on a Kilo TT. It's really tight, and you need to run 23's for tires, but it'll work out. I just did the same on my KHS (same frame different paint/decals) and man, what a difference it makes. My feet aren't getting all soaked instantly now, and the water isn't splashing my chest anymore. Anyways, you can always run those Race Blades or whatever they're called, basically they're a half fender that clips on to the seat stay for the rear and the fork for the front. They work better than a mudflap and way better than nothing, but not as good as full fenders.

I was hoping to get a 40-60 mile ride in tomorrow... fuck, we'll see.

If you have minimal clearance between tire and seat stays / fork you can always go with the "reach-around" that River City Bicycles makes. It's way better to do that then to force the fender between the frame and tire with little clearance.

Full fenders with courtesy flaps are the way to go in the Northwest. Your toes still get a little wet but the rest of you stays much drier.

betelgeuse, what locks were you using when your 2 bikes got stolen? The Kryptonite Evolution is a tried and true u-lock for most of the time, it's important not to go cheap with locks and get a crappy cable or no-name u-lock.

and with the KiloTT, be aware that over the course of a year you will have to replace almost every part on it except the frame. The frames themselves are good stuff. The headset and BB are garbage, as are the hubs (threading strips easy) and cog (cheapo stamped POS if i remember right).

Yeah that was my problem in getting those bikes stolen, the first was on campus with a shitty U-lock, and the other was right in front of my house with only the tire locked to the frame, so they walked off with it.

But on the KiloTT I figured it was something good to start out with for a beginner, then if needed I could add things to it accordingly.

Hopefully if all goes good, it will be an everyday rider.

So for the last hour or so I've been catching up on the world of cycling news. I've been paying more attention to other things lately so I wanted to catch up.

Rock Racing... whoa. That guy is really building a team he hopes will cause damage. Tyler Hamilton, Santiago Botero and Oscar Sevilla? Three guys involved in Puerto and this guy signs them. I like Tyler, doper or not, but dude should just let it go and pick up skiing again or maybe triathlons. I don't think he's going to get a fair shake in the cycling world. I think there are more folks who want him gone for not owning up than there are folks who are stoked he's back on a team, even a domestic one. And the Spanish boys... If they can ride like they have in the past, without the dope... Rock Racing is going to be a team to contest in the big races. Botero is a good TT'er and Sevilla, an in form Sevilla, can climb pretty well. But both have been way off their game in years past. I hope they've been training right and are ready to clear their names.

As for Michale Ball himself... not sure what to think about the guy. I kinda like his "Fuck you!" attitude and his desire to build the best team while building his brand but is he really good for the sport? Part of me likes the freshness of some guy telling a sponsor who's dropped the team (due to signing Hamilton) that it's no big deal. He'll buy the company and build better, cooler wheels. I doubt he could but I like that kind of 'tude. BUt is it good for the sport? The team? The riders? I mean, say this guy burns every possible bridge with sponsors, race organizers and whoever else... will those people hold their grudge against the riders as well? Obviously I'm looking out for local hero Doug Ollerenshaw.

I also read that Astana had their training camp in the states. Kinda weird, but whatever.

The wife wants to go to the Tour of California again this year because her "crush" - Tom Boonen - is racing it this year. She gets all gooey-eyed when Tom is racing. She's even trying to get me to go to Belgium for some spring classics so she can get closer to him. I'm not worried though. She's cute as a button but Tom's girlfriend is blazing.

Weather is so shit right now... no desire to go out and train. And my indoor trainer is at a friends house. Oh well. Maybe I'll make some cupcakes.

sounds like tinkoff racing systems...i mean when it boils down to it hes doing something good for the sport. tinkoff gave way to a lot of russians to get into the sport, and rock racing has kids like adam switters and justin williams...those dudes were tearing up the junior ranks and are now in a position to get some vital experiance...i remember racing against williams and the kid was frankly a prick but he still has loads of talent...but at the same time ball and tinkoff made their money from being aggressive buisness men and frankly, cutting ethical corners to see success isn't anything cycling people want. it will be interesting to see this happen.

hahaha, and fuentes as team doctor. the cycling scene in america is full of some really awesome people, and ball is very quick to call everyone a schmuck. this guy seems to be a rich asshole. i mean he makes his money off designer jeans.

michael ball is a dickhead and will probably not last very long. it just sucks that cycling is going through such a rough time where a lot of these people have no option than to work for the man.

i hope he doesnt start a following. the last thing i ever need to see at a bike race is a bunch of fucking guidos.

its also funny to point out that rock racing has the whole entourage feel. at superweek these goons would come rolling in with their escalades and crew looking like they had a stick stuck up their ass. it wasn't really the riders, its the management and the whole cali bro attitude that is running this operaiton.

I really appreciate what ball is giving, but not what he is doing. He really needs to understand that he has no idea what the fuck he is doing and step back from the role of captain and into the role of the dude who is just funding it.

I really appreciate what ball is giving, but not what he is doing. He really needs to understand that he has no idea what the fuck he is doing and step back from the role of captain and into the role of the dude who is just funding it.

In one of the interviews I read with him he pointed out that he has no idea how to run a cycling team but that he's not going to let someone else have total control. That's not how he runs his business and it's not how he runs his sponsorships. Which, from what I understand, is why the Tour of California decided they didn't want his sponsorship money for the race. Can you imagine what kind of crap he'd want to do if he was a major sponsor of the TOC?

I like that he's throwing money into the team like he does with the riders he's getting but I'd respect him more if for the team cars he used a Scion XB or Honda Fit or something that he can totally trick out that doesn't guzzle energy like an Escalade. Seems like the complete opposite of what cycling is.

My only hope is that it opens the eyes of other companies into sponsoring teams at the pro level or even a local level. Just the amount of publicity this guy and his company are getting on his attitude alone are good for his company. And having riders who are tattooed with sleeves and full legs riding for your rock & roll lifestyle team I'm sure helps with those California crit crowds.

I hope it's not raining today when I get off work. I just want to come home dry after a long ride for once...

was browsing craigs list for a new whip and stumbled on this....(she got a dog then got.....?)

Great deal on this bike! It is purple and white with silver accents. I rode it about 10 times and then we got a dog and I got pregnant so we stopped riding. Now it is just taking up space in my garage. Please give this bike a new home!

Originally $85.00 - Throwing in 2 unused helmets for Free!