bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's some cool old school cross style. Drill a hole in the seatpost and get a straight cable line. Nice.

Eliminates the need for a hanger too. You can fit a little ferrule on the exit hole. Very clean.

Yo Soup if you hit NAHBS this year go check out Igleheart. That's my framebuilder. I do his ads and

shit. He sponsered my team last year. incredibly talented steel builder. He works with lots of

stainless. Old school MTB guy. Got his start with Chris Chance making segmented forks.

Oh yeah, just got in from a nice short ride in the first snow of the season.

I really miss racing cross this year. This is the time of the season I really

start to do well with the cold and bad conditions. All those years as a courier

were good for something! HA!

Not this season.

Didn't go to the show Soup. I'd like to say I see bikes like that all day long living here but in reality I see maybe five or six... more during the summer months. Vanilla "sponsors" a couple local teams here in town so you see guys riding the road bikes a lot. I've seen a few fixies and a couple of touring bikes of his rolling around too. There's a few other local companies that have folks riding their lines. It's cool to see.

Pray for sun when you're here in April... that's usually our wettest month.

i get to cross about 4/5 sets of em everyday too

they aint too bad if your going accrossed them at a right angle, its when your drifting left or right over them that will kill you. gotta cut them sharp.

not that i know what the fuck im talking about, there isnt any tracks in reno

Thats pretty amazing. Oh and NAHBS was in san jose the last two years. They fucking moved it up to portland for the 08. We have had 60 mile fixed races from SF to San Jo the last two years so a lot of people are pissed off about the change in cities and are planning on just adjusting the ride into portland. We get some crazy sponsors, and first year a couple of the guys who put the event on towed a keg of Fat tire behind a tandem bike the entire way.

apparently its Feb 8 and not april like it was the last couple years. Info over yonder --> http://www.handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/

Thats pretty amazing. Oh and NAHBS was in san jose the last two years. They fucking moved it up to portland for the 08. We have had 60 mile fixed races from SF to San Jo the last two years so a lot of people are pissed off about the change in cities and are planning on just adjusting the ride into portland. We get some crazy sponsors, and first year a couple of the guys who put the event on towed a keg of Fat tire behind a tandem bike the entire way.

apparently its Feb 8 and not april like it was the last couple years. Info over yonder --> http://www.handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/

Ah... I figured it would be at the Convention Center. If you guys race... where will you start?

I hope Ira Ryan has a good booth. I'd like to see more of that stuff floating around on the streets. Not as exciting as Vanilla but I dig the work being done.

Fuck aluminum. Fuck aluminum in the ass with a giant red hot spinning iron cactus. Riding aluminum makes me feel like I'm geting a fucking spinal tap. And I'll tell you why. I'm not a 130 pound cat 2 sprinter so I don't even know why I should even be riding an aluminum frame but I am. Carbon is sweet. Carbon is like assfucking a supermodel while riding down a hill made of butter. But some faggot part of my brain makes me neurotic for riding a frame that's essentially made of plastic. I like metal. Metal lasts FOREVER. Unless it's aluminum, which you accidentally mal-touch and it crumples into fucking dogshit. I'll tell you it's either TI or fucking steel. I can't afford TI so steel it is. Oh and preferably some baller steel like Reynolds 853, not that I can afford that either, but still. Awesome. End Rant.

IMO there's a lot more to a comfortable ride than just the frame. Carbon post and stem will help. Obviously the saddle makes a huge difference as well. The frame only make a major difference in turns and acceleration, and i've never been flying downhill at thirty five miles an hour through a downhill "15 mph" zoned turn with a decreasing radii and wished i was on a different, or more expensive, bike.

What frame do you have?

Oh I hear it on the stem and seatpost...that'll help the vibration a bit but man I still get jolted the fuck out on the gnarly road conditions around here. Expense doesn't mean a whole lot to me...If it rides well great if not then fuck it. My 400$ redline chro-mo frame rides nicer than a lot of more expensive MTB frames. My AL roadie just rocks my ass off plain and simple. I hear you on the precision/stability front...riding an AL frame is like driving a scalpel around.

...130 pound cat 2 sprinter...

A sprinter who weighs 130 pounds wouldn't do very well in a sprint... they just don't have the muscle or twitch fibers needed to be competitive in that field, unless it's against other 130 pounds riders at the end of a long hill climb.

Cool... I just nerded out for a second.

Cannondale Super Six 1

Who can tell me anything about this bike? I'm quite possibly going from a Scott CR1 SL to a Cannondale Super Six 1 for next year but I'm curious how the Cannondale rides. The only shop in town I know of that sells Cannondales is full of assholes so I prefer to not go there and test ride. So if anyone has a personal review they can give that would be great...

Update:

Now it seems I can get an amazing deal on a Look 595 Ultra with full Dura Ace ( w/o wheels ) for the same price as the Cannondale Super Six 1. So... which is the better bike?

Cannondale Super Six 1

Who can tell me anything about this bike? I'm quite possibly going from a Scott CR1 SL to a Cannondale Super Six 1 for next year but I'm curious how the Cannondale rides. The only shop in town I know of that sells Cannondales is full of assholes so I prefer to not go there and test ride. So if anyone has a personal review they can give that would be great...

Update:

Now it seems I can get an amazing deal on a Look 595 Ultra with full Dura Ace ( w/o wheels ) for the same price as the Cannondale Super Six 1. So... which is the better bike?

HELLO! Earth to Joker.

BUY THE LOOK! Fuck all that Cannondale noise. Look has been making Carbon

bicycles longer than just about everyone. Very nice stuff. You need a good mechanic

to cut the post for you though. Buy the Look.

Unless you want to buy American, but the Americans that will sell you one are jerks

so forget them...buy the Look.

You prolly have race wheels already. If you don't like DA sell it and

buy Chorus or Force.

My 2 cents.