bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

That Bridgestone frame and fork is really nice but I absolutely hate it when the designers don't accommodate the seat post to flow with the seat tube. Having a little seat post pop out of that tear-drop tubing just looks retarded. It's one of the reasons I like the new trend in seat tubes going all the way up the saddle now. Just makes sense. Though a little difficult in the resale arena...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
tri bikes are retarded shit. so crazy. that bike is 10G's or so no? tri is so midlife crisis status. i smoked fools on my shit w/o lame profile design clip on parts.

that schwinn is bad arss.

I hear you HESH, I busted my front derailleur(screw was stripped) the day before my sprint-tri. So i ended up using my Mountain Bike and was passing the mid-lifers. but fuck i hated the swimming.

Krim is your dad going for the 73 mtb look? I like the setup but It looks funny with some of the modern bits on it.

no he was just trying to make a bike that was a) custom, and b) fun. I really wouldnt want to climb on that without bar ends. He just used stuff he had laying around and then fabricated it to fit if it didnt. Bike is way lighter then it looks. I need to get hima new crankset for it though, thats off my old redline and doesnt really match the bike imo.

suntour superbe may be some quality shit.

but saying it is better than campy is a stretch.

campagnolo is, and always been, THE standard.

its like comparing lexus to mercedes or more appropiately ferrari.

case in point: campy controls vs shimano controls.

ps: i realize you said of the age so this is not entirely relevant.

yeah broski, i was referring to nuovo record and the rest of that era, not current record. i knew that post would stir up some controversy though :)

I was waiting for that too!

I'm with the above statement.

Campy was not fully on point in the late 80's early 90's.

Suntour was still around until the fully intergrated group really

took hold as a concept. (Thank you Shimano SIS) Mix and match was fading out and that really put the nail in the Suntour coffin. What really

did them in was their refusal to lower quality or cut corners in manufacturing. They made too nice a product. It cost them too much to make.

Keep in mind at the time the Mountain bike was revolutionary and Shimano jumped on it first becoming huge which allowed them to pour resources into the road market and go after Campy. The result was they crushed all the little guys who made bits and pieces as opposed to whole systems.

In conclusion kids.

If you see Suntour SuperbPro track shit, don't think just buy it. New or not it is some of THE most precisely manufactured equipment around.

I would buy that over Campy shit (of the same era) in a minute. ESPECIALLY cranksets and BB's. Those NJS hubs, whoa......

For real.

question

I just put a new bottom bracket and some used (but newish) cranks on my bike, and now at about 3:00 (on the drive side) when the crank is pointing towards the front wheel, there is a small creaking or tapping sound on each rotation. i don't know how to describe it. This is pretty vague, but any idea what this is? Its minor but I'm pretty paranoid about these things. I put the bb and cranks on myself, any common error i might have made? It seems to only happen on the smaller of the 2 chain rings, and the chain doesn't seem to be hitting the front derailer or anthing else.

Also,

how do you feel about bearing races? I've always been told to remove them whenever i come across them (headset, older bottom brackets, etc) and just pack the fucker with grease and a few extra bearings. I feel like there has to be some reason they are there in the first place though, besides ease of removal and such.