bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Bump for 900 posts. I rode a little bit this weekend. I was mostly cruising around the parking lot at my lady's workplace working on my skid-stops. I'm still a little sketchy, but I think I would feel comfortable doing it in an emergency. Whatever.

Cinnamon, good luck this weekend. Take pictures for us. I'm pretty excited for you. I wish I could be there to cheer you on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

al...dont go to philly for a honeymoon!! go to europe or something. go on a cruise. somewhere so spectacular, that she will love it.

so i got my christmas present the other day. i think hesh knows about it...i'm not sure. but 5alarm bought me a $2095 diamond platinum ring. i mean, we're getting married, no doubt about that. the funds just arent there to do our wedding just yet. but it's been 4 years of my life, and all worth everything. but this thing on my finger makes me all nervous and makes me feel like a princess. i started to cry and hyperventalate in the jewelry store. gosh so emotional i can turn out to be. :love2:

Woo-Hoo! My new brake just arrived via Priority Mail from Harris Cyclery. This is very exciting (even though I feel like I'm pussying out by buying a break). I kinda just want to leave work and go home and put the brake on and go for a ride. Too bad I can't. Now I'm definitely ready for those SF hills (going down them at least).

Originally posted by alkaline

.......Now I'm definitely ready for those SF hills (going down them at least).

Aww, cmon, they arent that bad. I learned to ride fix in a week on them with no brakes. My freind said that same thing, "but I wanna cruise down hills". But he found himself taking the brake off in two weeks, just as I had predicted.

congrats lush.

my girl and i just got each others names on our necks. and i am thinking of popping the real question. she doesnt want a big all out fancy legal wedding more like a mickey and mallory thing but we are broke and i said we should have one even if it isnt a legal contract... so that we can have less taxes to pay and get a ton of shit that we need at the party. so i may ask on christmas eve. something about jesus and getting married makes me kind of silly inside.

as for the brakes in sf... i dont know we have some hills here that i have burned out my knees on beacon hill etc and i ride around them... there is nothing like a cool ass long spin hill tho. when we come out there i may bring a road bike and an urban assault single speed but my knees are blown from my fixie... and i am whining.

While I may take off the brakes at some point, my wife-to-be and I decided that I should get them (just in case) so that I survive until the wedding. It's funny how we are all about to get married or thinking about getting married. Doesn't it make you guys feel kind of old? I know I feel that way. Only old people are married, right? My best friend is expecting a baby in a few weeks (with his wife of like 8 years). My ex is married and just had a baby. I dunno ... it just makes me feel like I never gonna make it back to Neverland, know what I mean?

Joker, do you ever have to justify a bike related purchase to your wife, or is she down with cycling? I know that every time I want to buy a new bike my lady is gonna be like, "You already have a bike. What do your need another one for?" Hahahaha. She's so cute. I told her that I want to keep my bikes in the room and she laughed at me. She thought it was pretty funny that I would want to do that. "You take better care of your bikes than you do of your truck."

haha. i'm thinking of getting married too. i just passed the three year mark with my girl and i can't imagine being with someone else.

congrats dlush.

harris cyclery is the shiznit and sheldon brown is the man. very helpful dude although he's a big weirdo. haha.

it's icy where i am right now. i just went for a short spin which ended with a ice enduced skidout. ha. no fall, strictly fun stuff.

i have brakes on my bike now... i'll take them off at some point, but not right away. every day i commute down a monster hill. i'm talking monster. on my friend's good road bike with a computer i topped out at 55 mph down the shit before i started to get a little scared and hit the brakes. so for now i keep brakes. i use two simply because i want a comfortable hand position... although i could use a dummy hood. whatever. does anyone out there run just one? have a problem with hand position?

more and more i'm learning how important it is to have a good local bike shop that isn't trying to rip you off. bike shop politics are interesting. i won't say i've been completely ripped off through the internet before, but several orders have been messed up and customer service sucks almost as a rule. yeah you can find shit cheaper on the internet (due to companies like shimano which allow bike manufacturers to dump their excess product on the market), but my bike shop has won me over. dudes constantly give me a break on prices and hook it up with the service. there is such a narrow profit margin for a local bike shop, so i feel for those dudes. if they're not sheisty motherfuckers. which mine aren't.

good to see people discussing stuff on here again. :)

tears. :(

Guest HESHIANDET

everyone should be rocking SC#1!!!!!!!!! bikes for life!!!!!hahahah

anyways, i think all of you are absoutely insane for getting married. i'm happy for you guys and i think its beutiful, but your all nuts;) ..

hesh / has a few days left in him.....

. "You take better care of your bikes than you do of your truck."

i got this similar argument about tony hawk 3. "i wish i could hold your attention like that damn game." try to explain that one.

i used the its mind numbing and you i actually pay attention to, the game i dont have to think about. anyone who has played it knows that it is fucking soma. i swear i am going to have to not play it otherwise....

well i am working on the time limit thing like just playing before i have to leave for work then i know ill end...

Oh Arden Chapman

at first i didnt know who u were....but i did some research on the posts that u have replied to and voila!! there u are!! heehe it did happen on saturday. i mean, we're not getting married yet but i am considered officially taken. damn, how much i hate money. hahha i just realized how many people come over to our house and i dont even remember who comes over. damn, i must be tired. u are a superstar, best believe it!! ;)

it would be good to have some brakes when you guys get here to sf. i cant do hills. oh well. but they are always fun to go down on...but i can be a pussbag....:eek:

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

. "You take better care of your bikes than you do of your truck."

i got this similar argument about tony hawk 3. "i wish i could hold your attention like that damn game." try to explain that one.

i used the its mind numbing and you i actually pay attention to, the game i dont have to think about. anyone who has played it knows that it is fucking soma. i swear i am going to have to not play it otherwise....

well i am working on the time limit thing like just playing before i have to leave for work then i know ill end...

Ah - Hahahahahaha! I too have this problem. Fortunately, my lady and I are currently living in different cities. Me and the Playstation are in one town, and she's in another. I usually don't play when she's around, but she'll call in the middle of the night and say, "What are you doing?" I can't lie to her, so the only response is, "Playing Tony Hawk." "STILL!?!"

Hahahaha. She doesn't get it. I played almost all night last week, even though I had to work in the morning. Damn THPS3!

Guest HESHIANDET

what is this, "the san francisco, getting engaged" thread??? shit. heres what i would want of rmy wedding present if i were any of yous, a DeRosa KING! 60cm, the fuggin works........got it? lets just pretend im getting married and you can all buy that for me...

hesh me and my grl hopefully have a place in west phils. with my good friend and his grl. it should be a good time. contact me about yard info and what not i heard that the yard near where i will be is someone importants maybe you know maybe not sort this shit out. late nite trains and chess...

as for the marriage thing i want so many books for our new apartment. and id register at williams and sonoma so you all get to buy us some fine ass cook wear.

Guest HESHIANDET

cool man. get at the email already so i can drop you the digits...as for the yard, well....they're all a mess. it doesn't matter. no body is anybody here anymore...it all sucks.