Ask Milton Volume III

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak
Originally posted by JohnnyLode

link

edit: the search button works fine for me. i could only find this thread though.

thanks for trying, but wrong one! im looking for one where i asked a specific question and milton gave one of the best answers ive ever heard!

Originally posted by sneak

this is a conundrum. if anyone can help with this id be v. gratefull. any idea what they were called mr milton?

Dear Mr. Sneak,

I thought they were called "Ask Milton" but the other one was not, I'm going to have another go at it. Its the one where there were questions about doves and nailpolish right? I'll try again...

ok well milton theres this girl i like nd we quite close m8s nd she sorta still likes my best m8 but they split up nd she dont like him but cant get ova him nd i was talking to my best mate bout saying i like her nd he said i shud go for it bout like going out with her. i just told her tonight that i liked her nd now i dont really not wot to do. what now? bare in mind im 15

Ash,

If your friend is cool with you dating his ex, you are already a step in the right direction, you have to get things cleared up with him first. And since you already have the go ahead so you're golden. The key to getting the girl in the end is figuring out what she wants and doing that. You were honest with her which is good, but she probably wants time to absorb what you told her and figure out what she wants to do. If you push thingns too hard you'll scare her away, and the worst thing would be to lose her as a friend over it. So what you should do is let things go, when you see her be friendly, act as you did before you told her, don't bring it up. If she is into the idea she'll let you know, if she isn't you will hopefully be able to go back to the way things were before. I'd say you did what you can now its up to her to do what she wants, I know its tough to just let things be but thats the best thing you can do.

Milton what is your opinion on dating coworkers? What if you are somewhat of a friend with the coworker already?

Mr Lode,

I think, just like with any reltaionship, you have to weigh the pros and cons of the situation to decide if you want to take things to the next level or not. Obviously the fact that she's a coworker is a con in starting a new relationship. Does that mean you should not date her? No, I just think its something to take into consideration. If she is what you're looking for I say go ahead, just be sure that everything is clear up front and let her know that you don't want things to get akward around work. If you are already a friend with her, it sort of makes things easier. I think you can definitely be honest with her and talk things through before you make that jump into the relationship zone. And if shes cool with it and you too know what you're doing, I think it could be good.

I was wondering if mapo ever got a date too...

in public swimming pools, how clean is the water....really??

Dear Cinched,

This question is highly dependent on your locale as it is based on the city ordinances for health and cleanliness. It also depends on whether or not the operators of the pool are in compliance with the regulations. What I am giving you is a basic outline for cleanliness for a specific county. For your specific area the limitations may be different and are probably available from the health department, however you can assume that the actual water is somewhere slightly to substantially below the standards due to the infrequency of inspections.

First a bit of backround. In pool maintenance you are looking for four basic things. 1. Water Clarity, which is the general visible cleanliness of the water. 2. Microbiology, the bacteria present in the water and what values. 3. Chemical concentration, generally this is the concentration of chlorine and other cleaning agents in the water and 4. Ph levels. Water clarity is generally take care of by the filter elements of the pool and is not that big of an issue. Instead Microbiology effects the overall "cleanliness" of the pool more than anything. What you are looking for is the presence of 2 bacteria Coliform bacteria which are present in the intestinal tracts of humans and warm blooded animals. "The presence of coliforms in a pool or spa indicates possible deficiencies in chlorine residuals, water clarity, filter backwashing or cleaning, pool cleanliness, swimmer adherence to showering rules and/or proper sample collection technique" the second is Pseudomonas aeruginosa, "a common bacterium found in the environment and may be present on human skin, hair and in feces." This type of bacteria can cause skin rash and irritation to the eyes as well as other illness if induced. This is counteracted by introducing Chlorine into the pool water, however too high of a concentration of chlorine can also cause reaction and is unhealthy. In order to maintain a proper pH level the pool owners must keep the level of chlorine high enough to kill the bacteria but low enough so as to be healthy.

In order for a pool to be deemed "clean" and suitable for public use it must be free from all of the dangerous bacteria types. It must have a Ph level between 7.2-7.8 and have chlorine levels of 1-5 mg/ 1 ppm. The temperature must be less than 104 degrees and the water clarity must be less than 0.5 NTU. The question than is whether or not the pool has recently passed inspection or is follwing these guidlines. Simply, I might swim, but I wouldn't drink the water. Check out:

http://www.msdh.state.ms.us/msdhsite/index...itationswim.PDF

For a list of conditions and a guide to dealing with at "fecal accident"

A sample of a pool test and the

can i borrow a dollar?

Mr Blazzed,

Indeed you can, if you send me your mailing address including zip code I will send you one US dollar at the low low interest rate of 50% compounded annually.

milton do you have a life? ohh wait i can anwser that NO! but seriously milton when will the world end?

The irony in the fact that you came to an online message board to make fun of someone on an online message board is overwhelming. No answers for you!

milton,

ive lost a lot of freinds recently, due to them being pricks..but they are the onyl writers i know...and then i only have one freind who i skate with...basically, i cant just skate with this one boy for the rest of my life, but i dont wanna hang around with the writers because as i said, they suck ass...what should i do??

dunno why im asking for help on a message board, i guess its easier because you dont know whos answering, so its easier...

edit* spelling

i know i shouldnt be answering question but for HOVIE if you realy love skating and doing graff and are dedicated and have love for it...you wouldnt need anyone to do it with you..all the best bombers have done it dolo...all you need is youself in life and everyone else can go fuck themselves

yer i hear you..thanks for your advice..its not really about that though.. im not bombing for a while anyway cos of the shit its gotten me into, but im young anyway so im gonna get back to it seriously soon......thats a lot for your advice though...appreciate it

Originally posted by HOVIE

milton,

ive lost a lot of freinds recently, due to them being pricks..but they are the onyl writers i know...and then i only have one freind who i skate with...basically, i cant just skate with this one boy for the rest of my life, but i dont wanna hang around with the writers because as i said, they suck ass...what should i do??

dunno why im asking for help on a message board, i guess its easier because you dont know whos answering, so its easier...

edit* spelling

Hovie,

Every so often in life there comes a time when you take a moment to look at your life and how its going and oftentimes you realize that your friends or associates do not suit you. For whatever reason, in your case they're being pricks in my case at one point I saw my friends going in a direction in life that I didn't want to go and so I had to take responsiblity for my own life and move on. Its tough, there have been points in mine and everyones life where you feel like you have only one friend. True friends are hard to find, be happy that you have one, some of us have none. The thing is right now its hard to be focused on what you love, writing and skating, because you have to deal with bullshit friends and leaving. Its tough, but the best thing you can do is get out there and do what you love to do and the people you meet will be good friends because thats what they love too. I have met some of my best friends writing alone. Also I think, especially when you're young you're uncomfortable wiht yourself and so its hard to just be alone and content, but really and truely you're the best friend you well ever have in life, you should find yourself, then try to find others...

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

mr milton sir, i have two question,

1-where do babys come from?

and

2- where do you get such fine wisdom.

are you a shaolin monk..because if you are we can practice our praying manthis or tiger paw!!!

Senor Blazzed,

1. In short babies come from a process called reproduction. Initially it begins with sexual intercourse during which a mans semen, containing sperm, meets a womans egg. This begins the process of fertilization, the egg soon becomes a single and then a multi celled organism called a "fetus." This fetus is the beginning of a baby. Eventually the fetus becomes ready to leave the mothers uterus, and then it is born as a baby.

My advice, if you aren't ready for one strap it up...

2. I've been a lot of things in my life but a shaolin monk is not on that list. My wisdom comes from a life of study in areas ranging from philosopy to plumbing. If you haven't notice already my expertise comes in the field of interpersonal interaction. I have always been what you would call an "active listener," I'm just that guy that people come to for advice and after giving it for years you sort of learn how to do it well. Google helps a lot too...

1.How do you know all this stuff?Do you look it up upon reading asked questions?

Generally I try not to look anything up if possible. On the more out of the ordinary questions I will look up the answer and also on questions which need specific statistics or factual details I usually suppliment my general knowledge with an article or another website which gives that information.

2.Do stores such as BestBuy, CircuitCity etc. toss electronics due to little scratches and whatnot?(from another thread, but im sure Milton can satisfy my doubtfulness.)

Usually they will have one of two choices, A) return the product to the manufacturer as defective merchandise or B) Sell it at a discount as a slightly damaged model. The only reason that one of these stores would throw away an item is if it is completely unusable or unsellable. If there is a question, in my experience they will damage it to the point where it is unusable to prevent people from going through their dumpsters. On the other hand I once found a fully functional TV outside of a store.

Miltizzle

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Milton... have you ever been so drunk that you

had sex with a girl you said you never would,

but she swayed you with a litre of whiskey and

another girl with boobies the size of your head

in the same bed with you? If not, something

similar? Wanna tell us the story?

You just want another story of sexual depravity, and since its late and I'm bored I will oblige. My freshman year of college I lived in the dorm and my roomate used to go home on weekends so I like had the place to myself. Near the end of first quarter I had a few friends over including this chick I used to date but we broke up cause she was nuts, my boy, a girl that he knew and my ex's best friend who also happened to be a close friend of mine. The Malibu and Jose Cuervo began to flow and by about 12:30 my man and the chick he knows are passed out on my roomates bed. Actually at about 3 that morning the bird started throwing up on his comforter, but thats a story for another day. Anyway, I was pretty drunk, both live birds were pretty drunk, but I was in no way shape or for even considering hitting either of them. Again because one was official best friend status and the other was nuts. Anyway we are sitting there talking and I am being my usual play it cool self, cause thats what I do. And chick that I'm friends with says "how come you two never hooked up." I say "I don't know, ask her its not like I wouldn't have." Ex bird just giggles and changes the subject. Friend chick will not leave it alone and says "you two are too fucking shy, I dare you to make out." I jokingly say "I'll do it if you do it" and the next thing I know we are all making out together. I don't know if it was the Jose Cuervo or the, okay I'm pretty sure it was the Jose, but soon enough we were all naked and well... Thats where I stop with story, lets just say even if they're not your first choice waking up with 2 naked women is always a good thing...

Cheers and good night

Guest sneak

i really cant rememeber what was in it milton, but i know i went through 22 pages of previous posts id made to look for it :(

Milton,

should i move in with a girl i am currently seeing? she has been the one who started talking about it, i like her, but don't think i wanna live with her, but i think it would be cool. what does deto do, sir milton?

Mr. Deto,

You pose quite a quandry. Without knowledge of the specifics this is quite a hard question to answer, but I can give general advice. Moving in is a step in a direction towards a life-long commitment. That's not to say that if you move in with the girl you'll automatically be married to her within a year, but it is a step in that direction. In my personal experience the only women I've ever lived with I was in love with (yes, it's happened to me too) and things were good because I was alright with the direction things we're going. The bad part is it makes breaking up that much harder because you have to leave home, etc. Its like a rehersal of marriage, you get to play husband and wife without the commitment of a ring. In my experience though she is going to expect the real thing sooner or later, and depending on how hard she's pushing the lets move in thing it might be sooner. So you have to ask yourself why you're moving in with her. If you're moving in because you're crazy about her and you want to spend as much time with her as you can. Then I say go for it. If you're moving in because you think it would be kind of cool to have someone cook and clean for you. I'd say it's probably not the best choice at the moment. Take this test, picture waking up next to her every morning for the next year, if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside take the plunge, if it makes you feel like you'd rather have seperate rooms, maybe you should consider putting it off...

I hope that helps...

milton-Imagine you can't find your cordless phone one day. You use the receiver to dial a number, on speakerphone. Then, the next day you find the phone. Assuming you made no other calls yesterday, and you hit redial would it call that number?Or, would it call the number you last dialed from the reciever?

Easily answered, but I have no idea..

Originally posted by ASH.UGT

hey milton i took your other advice on that problem i had and i went to meet my friends today and she was so lying to me. she was all ova the lad she aprently wants to "get ova"? i think i shud move on? u agree?

I'm sorry to hear that, I think in this case there is nothing you could or can do. There are plenty of birds in the sky. I'm going to tell you like they said in Swingers "You can't do anything to make her want to come back, in fact, you can only do things to make her not want to come back." If she's not over the other guy, let her be, you can do better. Right now, she knows how you feel and its up to her to act on it, give it time, find a new one. Heres a trick I used to use, but I don't know if it will work, you can try it if you want. Find another girl and make yourself unavailable, women love what they can't have...

milton-Imagine you can't find your cordless phone one day. You use the receiver to dial a number, on speakerphone. Then, the next day you find the phone. Assuming you made no other calls yesterday, and you hit redial would it call that number?Or, would it call the number you last dialed from the reciever?

It depends a bit on the phone, but usually the redial is something mechanical within the handset itself, so if you hit redial on the handset it would be the last number the handset dialed. But if you have a redial function on the reciever and you hit that it would be the last number the reciever dialed. Thats how it is generally, however some of these newfangled phones with computerized speed dial and voicemail and multiple redial save the numbers in a computer chip. Thats unlikely though...

Archived