Some pretty interesting commentary from the Canadians...

Guest Mr.Raven

Originally posted by racecar:

this an article from 1973. i've read it before. kind words, either way.

[This message has been edited by racecar

Good point made here. Although it is a very good article and it does in fact make lots of great points, this man died in 1984 - how could he have known about the San Francisco Earthquake that happened in 89? Could this have been modified? Unless of course there's another major earthquake in sf that I'm missing...

I just wanted to clear that up...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but cats and dogs are both animals the same general thing,i now know that your simply showing off you big bad words because even after the chance to talk privately you still choose to do it in an open fourm.you had chosen before hand that you didnt like me.thats fine,but dont say im wrong (you do live in the land of freespeach dont you?) maybe my approach is off but what im saying isnt.you selectivly hear things,you said im wrong but only backed it up with "your iggnorant rude childishy blah blah blah" and that neither you or freddy left your e-mail addresses tells me you have somthing to hide.

you dont want to disscuss facts here you want be stuborn.hell ive been acting the same way right?.e-mail me then we could have a one on one conversation.

Guest freddy kreuger

my email is available *right at the top of the main pages of the bench and trainspotting. i have nothing more to say to you though, so dont expect an email from me.

*correction

[This message has been edited by freddy kreuger (edited 09-13-2001).]

kid, I never said I didn't like you, but by now the inference wouldn't surprise me... if I just wanted to show off my big words I'd go play Cracked Ass in Scrabble. I did say 'you're wrong' and I STILL stand by that.

I broke down your posts and responded directly to the words you said, you misquoted me and put words in my mouth that I never said.

you never offered me the chance to argue in email and you never emailed me so don't try to play that card either, you picked the game, you picked the forum.

I was done with this when I replied to Freddy and joined in his attempt to steer this thread back to the topic. I was even half thinking of IMing Seek to tell him to 'lighten up' because it was over, but then you have to just pop up and run your mouth again.

Perhaps my superior knowledge of words can also be translated to a superior knowledge of life in general, perhaps not. There is nothing I can do make you look more foolish, in fact, I prety much just let you do that, but now is the time to DROP IT.

Wether or not your "America as an Evil Empire" argument holds water, you picked the wrong place and the wrong time to voice your opinion. You came into a thread thanking your countrymen for their support and graciousness in our time of need and you showed your ass. Live and learn.

Again, I forgive your ingnorance and callousness and try to offer my thanks to the Canuks

------------------

2 Can Sam

thank you to all those giving some respect. I must say as well, c4 I think is an annomoly amoung us.

and let me just say.. my thoughts and condolences go out to all americans on this the greatest act of terrorism the world has ever seen. I have a life long friend down there right now helping out. He was one of the emergency response teams that got called down tuesday night. My thoughts are with him right now. Stay safe Mark.

Originally posted by Mr.Raven:

This sounds like a far stretch. I'd like to see this statement backed up since for starters, the US government generally has far more ambitious plans and interests than selling happy meals in south west asia. Further, at best, a plan like this wouldnt even scratch the surface of affecting any type of socio-economic change. I doubt the beef industry had (or ever will have) the type of lobbying power required to ever pull of such a stunt which would be about the only way the US government could ever profit from such a situation.

I think ive been misunderstood, which is understandable since im not that good in making myself clear in english since its not my first language.

The part about selling beef to asia was just an example to show the strategy, or the mechanism .

My point is that what was hidden behind the u.s. generosity after the war was views of economic and/or commercial control. Indeed, the chaos in most countries after the war was the best situation for the usa to reach new markets and to become a kind of stepfather.

We can see that this strategy has worked (u.s.=dominant economy).

And who am i to blame the u.s. for being attracted by economic power. Any government would have done the same thing.

this is a known fact, im not making that up.

i have your back stress. anytime our governemnt does anything overseas (or atleast the majority of the time) its with its on economic interest inmind. there are millions of people around the world being slaughtered each year and we do nothing to stop it. why? cause they dont have enough to lobby for change. of course our self serving interests often have the affect of helping people out in some cases, but seldom do i think that good will is really our first priority.

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 09-13-2001).]

Guest cracked ass
Originally posted by jades_blue:

Good point made here. Although it is a very good article and it does in fact make lots of great points, this man died in 1984 - how could he have known about the San Francisco Earthquake that happened in 89? Could this have been modified? Unless of course there's another major earthquake in sf that I'm missing...

I just wanted to clear that up...

The Great San Francisco Earthquake he talks about is the one from a long time ago, I forget the year, I want to say early 1900s. Shit was leveled, then burned. Check your history.

Kids these days, heh heh heh.

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

i have your back stress. anytime our governemnt does anything overseas (or atleast the majority of the time) its with its on economic interest inmind. there are millions of people around the world being slaughtered each year and we do nothing to stop it. why? cause they dont have enough to lobby for change. of course our self serving interests often have the affect of helping people out in some cases, but seldom do i think that good will is really our first priority.

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 09-13-2001).]

One example off the top of my head is Japan. After the war the US sent millions of dollars to aid Japan. Now Japan is one of the super powers of the world. Would right more and give more example but it late and can't keep eyes open.

Archived