fabricating with fiberglass

seeking

Originally posted by onesecondple

the problem with bondo is it is mad mad mad heavy. you use that on smaller aplications, like the kick panels goin in my car have bondo instead of fiberglass, whereas the front behind the driver seat will be all fiberglass.

yes, 'bondo' brand body filler is a heavy weight filler

but no not all body fillers are heavy

my personal favorite fillers are rage gold and blue ice

http://www.basfautomotivepaint.com/storepics/evercoat/ragegold.jpg'>

im not sure what youre talking about behind your driver seat, but if its fiberglass, and it will be seen ill bet anything youll want to skim it with some filler.

everyone is so damn scared of body filler

but theres nothing wrong with it if you know how to use it

some vehicles that leave uor shop that have had

extensive amounts of custom bodywork and fabrication

dont leave until we skim the entire vehicle with filler

just to make sure its glass straight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you ever done some el caminos? cuz if so, if you got flicks hit me up, gonna drop soem dope shit on mine, just waitin for tha cabbage and gonna get some practice, ya heard...

weve done a camino

mostly suspension though

we bagged it, and shaved the handles

i did see a camino at a show the end of september that was pretty bitchin

it was fully shaved, rolling 20's and laying body

ill see if i can find a picture of it

nah, behin the front seat is the bed, and under the bed is a space, where there are subs. Well, the fiberglass will smooth it all out and flow it to the window, and i know i will need body filler on the fiberglass, but im not doing it, i got my sound shop doing it, ill have flicks later

Originally posted by When

weve done a camino

mostly suspension though

we bagged it, and shaved the handles

i did see a camino at a show the end of september that was pretty bitchin

it was fully shaved, rolling 20's and laying body

ill see if i can find a picture of it

ive seen some sick ones, im planin on a tranny swap to a manual. either 18's or 20's cuz i found out you can put em on there, but prolly 18 cuz i want bags or hyrdaulics. Full sound set up, tailgate welded, bumpers gone, fully shaved, custom front end, i thnk a caddy cts front would look cool, custom taillights in the tailgate (now they are in the bumper)

and here ya go, this should work

http://www.tptools.com/product_view_full_img.asp?image%5Ffile=ME%2D16046%2Ejpg&product%5Fname=Blue+Ice+Body+Filler&base%5Fno=ME%2D16046&mscssid=K8J2U9UL436H8GQ2PSGENTGT9MJXFWVF'>

damn, it didnt, sorrybut there is a link i guess

Originally posted by Daze One Million

say i wanted a custom dash how much would that go for? or a fiberglass box?

whats it going in?

a metal dash ranges 1500-7000

a fiberglass box would be anywhere from 200-8000

it all depends on what you would want and the hours involved

if you wanna say what its for,

i could probably give you some ideas on how to customize on a budget

whats it going in?

a metal dash ranges 1500-7000

a fiberglass box would be anywhere from 200-8000

it all depends on what you would want and the hours involved

if you wanna say what its for,

i could probably give you some ideas on how to customize on a budget

nothing imparticular really, i was just curious as too what some of these people spend on there cars, but thanks for the reply

ive seen some sick ones, im planin on a tranny swap to a manual. either 18's or 20's cuz i found out you can put em on there, but prolly 18 cuz i want bags or hyrdaulics. Full sound set up, tailgate welded, bumpers gone, fully shaved, custom front end, i thnk a caddy cts front would look cool, custom taillights in the tailgate (now they are in the bumper)

id go 20's because they are an easy fit

and if anyone told you hydraulics were the way to go,

you have my permission to laugh at them

hydraulics are for forklifts and dump trucks.

if i was you i would ditch the cts idea

and go for a newer escalade front clip

even the first generation escalade clip

id also cap the bed off with sheetmetal

so you cant get into it anymore

then cut an opening for a hinged trunk area

for taillights id go either for the escalade pieces

or a vintage cadillac light 59's are played but there are some other nice looking lights

bullshit.

you need a few more things than that my friend

i hope you didnt charge for these boxes

and i hope no one tried to paint theirs, ha

wha??

add some bondo onto that list and you have EXACTLY what you need..

look at mark master's d.b. drag truck.. or the H2 that Andy Piechuck from soundwaves crew had me do.

i've personally got a box with 3 kicker L7 solobarics fed about 2k watts a piece built out of the same material, NO it's not ENTIRELY fiberglass, it's just the face, but all the steps are as easy as:

1) construct a basic wood frame *(in this case 3 square 10 inch rings, 6 bars from the rings to a solid base..

2) cut flece, wrap, staple, brush out with glass. thats layer one and much cheaper than fiberglass mat.

3) slice up strips of flece and fill in around the pieces.. be sure to add layers of JUST glass over the flece.

4) when to desired thickness *(i went with 1/2 inch because i overkill.)* let setup completely... sand for the next 2 fucking weeks *(for real i hate the shit)*

5) bondo body filler, fill in the holes, sand again..

6) take to your favorite paint shop and shoot her down *(h.o.k. candy blue custom with h.o.k. pearl in her... )*

oh, and pre drill your holes for the subs so you dont drill through all that pretty paint.

i dont know how you do it in your neck but thats how we do here in the mid-west. i've watched mark's truck hit 156 d.b. solid and no problems there, and the h2 is a daily... and no trouble there either.

when I had my 70 1/2 Camaro restored...that thing had the thinnest of layers of bondo all over the entire body. on top of that and all the primer came several coats of the deepest, wettest, most beautiful black polyurethane I've ever seen. The finish of that car was like a mirror. The paint always looked wet.

its a domestic full size truck

thats what i was thinkin, probably bagged, rims, custom interior and sound system little engine work, mad body work, some shaving going on. No bumpers maybe, damn, im just guesing here,

when I had my 70 1/2 Camaro restored...that thing had the thinnest of layers of bondo all over the entire body. on top of that and all the primer came several coats of the deepest, wettest, most beautiful black polyurethane I've ever seen. The finish of that car was like a mirror. The paint always looked wet.'>

and this is exactly what i want for my 84 el camino, damn you lucky

it's a 57 ford with a mopar 440, both engine and tranny from a 61 new yorker... but it's only going to a really, really, really good home (and only if there's absolutely no way i can keep it) hence the invitation to when...

*edit*

probably about 10 bodies if you crammed em right, and didn't mind a few strange bumps in the tonneau...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

it's a 57 ford with a mopar 440, both engine and tranny from a 61 new yorker... but it's only going to a really, really, really good home (and only if there's absolutely no way i can keep it) hence the invitation to when...

damn, a 440, thats hott. If i had money, or thought fords were worth money, i might talk to ya....haha, im just playin, me hopes are that ye can keep er

i'm not a huge fan of fords either (i've had damn bad experiences in the past) but the important part is that the engine and tranny is not ford... plus it's a real unusual truck... it looks drastically different than the 56s and earlier and the 58s and later... an odd ball for a year...

i hope i can keep it too, but chances are i'm gonna be moving somewhere that doesn't have a garage, and i wouldn't want to park it on the streets in any of the neighborhoods i'd move to...

i'm not a huge fan of fords either (i've had damn bad experiences in the past) but the important part is that the engine and tranny is not ford... plus it's a real unusual truck... it looks drastically different than the 56s and earlier and the 58s and later... an odd ball for a year...

i hope i can keep it too, but chances are i'm gonna be moving somewhere that doesn't have a garage, and i wouldn't want to park it on the streets in any of the neighborhoods i'd move to...

good lookin out, 440 is an olds, maybe?

440=chrysler/dodge/mopar... and it's bigger than a hemi...

damn, 455 is a olds, 442 is an olds, that prolly where i was thinkin, but damn i needa learn my non chevy or "shitty" engines and they are called, haha, not erally, but im talkin fords suck balls

i've melted a ford engine, thrown rods in 2, and smoked 2 ford trannies... trust me, i know...

haha, yeah, that sucks man, only car ive ever liked from them is the original bronco's, those are pretty cool lookin, but of course, drop a chevy or a hemi in it, damn.

hahaha... when got called an australian...

not cool huh

when, i might have to sell my truck in the next year or so... interested?

im flattered honestly

all i can say is a hell yea

i know things dont always turn out how you think though

so just keep me in mind if you really are forced to sell

where you going? san jose or something

Archived