INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'vew read some recipes for homemade ink with india ink in them, in here I think maybe on bboy.org or something. I think it was a recipe with carbon paper and shit lemme see... nah I cna't find it. I don't konw shit about indian ink though jsut dump it in with some other stuff see if it's any good.

Originally posted by chumbawumba+Jan 2 2005, 02:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chumbawumba - Jan 2 2005, 02:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Siob@Jan 2 2005, 06:27 AM

I'm sorry, but I really don't get this marsh shit. Why would you even care about having some faded tag on the wall? I personally don't care for faded tags unless it was 10 years old. Eh! Oh well..... time for writers to come up with some new ideas....

Are you fucking stupid? That post made no god damn sense at all. Why would you not care when your tag starts to fade and it becomes UNREADABLE? You, my friend, are an idiot.

[/b]

I agree, I only want ink tags that don't come off at all. Light faded stains are worth what? That's like having your name up but people can only see one letter.

this kid spilled some grape soda at school yesterday on the breka room table. he waited a while ot clean it up and there was a nice stain left behind where it spilled. one of those slick coated wood tables desks and shit are amde out of that pencil barely shows on and ball point pens are worthless on. anyone ever tried colored soda in an ink? or maybe food color... some fizzy grape mops would be rockin

Originally posted by test@Jan 11 2005, 09:23 PM

this kid spilled some grape soda at school yesterday on the breka room table. he waited a while ot clean it up and there was a nice stain left behind where it spilled. one of those slick coated wood tables desks and shit are amde out of that pencil barely shows on and ball point pens are worthless on. anyone ever tried colored soda in an ink? or maybe food color... some fizzy grape mops would be rockin

mate thats a shocking idea i wouldn't even bother thinking about using that stuff. peace

Originally posted by Pearlpaint@Jan 10 2005, 05:09 PM

limited yet, there are 50 pages of pure nothing! Does anyone have any knowledge on tattoo ink and it's uses?

1) You're a moron if you believe that these 50 pages are filled with nothing.

2) Guess what, it's already been talked about. Wanna know what tattoo ink is? It's india ink, which is completely worthless for graffiti.

P.S. Black is preferred because it is opaque and nasty, who woulda thought? Get a red, blue, green, or purple alcohol based ink and it never seems to be able to come out as opaque as black.

As far as I know, some surfaces, i.e. glass, are fairly easy to clean and pretty difficult to stain permanently. It is probably non-porous so it doesn't absorb the molecules of ink/stain. The same applies to paint which can be fairly easily cleaned off glass and many plastics. Do they sell glass stainer anywhere, like you would use for stain glass windows? or is that shit mixed in whent the glass is manufactured?

Originally posted by DK VU DK+Jan 12 2005, 02:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DK VU DK - Jan 12 2005, 02:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What he said^

bucket paint + mineral spirits + mop = colorful tags

you're welcome.

oh and for glow in the dark... Krylon makes and "GLOWZ" glow in the dark latex paint. Now it's up to you to figure out the rest.

[/b]

Take note that Krylon's latex paint, and latex paint in general is just disgusting. Smells weird, too. Nothing you'd want to use for graffiti.

<!--QuoteBegin-Pearlpaint@Jan 12 2005, 04:33 AM

Basicially, 50 pages and only 2-3 actual ink recipes on this thread.

Krylon "GLOWZ" only last for an hour after being recharged.

Does Pilot make a yellow ink refill?

Okay, so you didn't actually read all the pages did you? Hell, I don't blame you, it's the longest thread in the Yard. There's plenty more than "2 or 3" recipes, however. Hell, the first page has more than that.

And no, Pilot doesn't make a yellow. Even if they did, that'd be by far the shittiest color ever; out of the 3 primary colors (red, blue, yellow), yellow makes the weakest pigment. This too has been mentioned in the past.

If you want yellow, use bucket paint, and quality shit at that. I'd suggest One Shot, I can tell you first hand they have some nice opaque shades.

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by Pearlpaint+Jan 13 2005, 09:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pearlpaint - Jan 13 2005, 09:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chumbawumba@Jan 13 2005, 01:00 AM

Pearlpaint shouldn't even be in this thread.. if I were you buddy, I wouldn't even want stains up if my skill was of this calibre..

post-41902-1105420714.jpg

:rolleyes:

Also, why the fuck is your username the title of a department store?

and why not? because you think you're a bad ass?

[/b]

Yeah, you made your username Pearlpaint because I think I am a badass. WTF.

Originally posted by doke@Jan 13 2005, 12:55 AM

hey i know this should be in the marker thread, (well it is) i just need a quick reply,

"

what is the trick to open a OTR.070 pen?

I dont want to fuck it up straight away, so any help would be appreciated. "

Cheers

I'm not sure for the .070 but I've got a couple .170's (htb mini) and I hjad the same trouble. They unscrew in the middle jsut below the cap. I had to grab a pair of gloves to und them the first time, those bitches are covered in some kind of sealent on the inside that you gotta break free. Just grab a pair of rubber or leather gloves and twist it in the middle where it looks like it should come off.

Originally posted by test+Jan 14 2005, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (test - Jan 14 2005, 02:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-doke@Jan 13 2005, 12:55 AM

hey i know this should be in the marker thread, (well it is) i just need a quick reply,

"

what is the trick to open a OTR.070 pen?

I dont want to fuck it up straight away, so any help would be appreciated. "

Cheers

I'm not sure for the .070 but I've got a couple .170's (htb mini) and I hjad the same trouble. They unscrew in the middle jsut below the cap. I had to grab a pair of gloves to und them the first time, those bitches are covered in some kind of sealent on the inside that you gotta break free. Just grab a pair of rubber or leather gloves and twist it in the middle where it looks like it should come off.

[/b]

YO, if there is a rubber sealent on that shit, try using a hot blowdryer on it to loosen that shit up. It should twist of easier especially if you have rubber gloves on for grip...