INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've tried it all. Garvey, Nero, Montana, Hard to Buff, Fiebings, Omega, Marsh. I've decided that Garvey isn't that hot against whatever there using to buff around here, and it fades FAST. I have a gallon of Marsh black dye type in the mail, and hope it doesn't dissapoint. So far my favorite ink is Pilot, but it's just to expensive and small quantitied. I vote for lazy buffers who leave smears, OR aggresive buffers who scour the shit into the surface. Flat white and black spraypaint win the buff tests every time. I still have a fudge load of Garvey, and will have tons o' marsh soon... crystal violets in the mail (but I hear it's the same shit as Garvey). So I'm guessing that the Garvey/Marsh(OR CV mix) mix is off. (it rains as hard as the buffers buff round here) After all my searching, can it be true that the marsh best be left on its own for maximum staying power? I'm tired of trying to make super inks that just dilute each others abilities.

That shit may stain insides, but I've seen nothing but fade aways on any surface exposed to natural weathering. What goods a stain if the color disappears? No good. What are YOU on son! :) (what are you hitting?). I've had my Garvey Violet buffed off straight metal telephone booths with no problem. Ive had my Nero buffed off of plastics no problem. I've followed this thread from the begining. So far everythings faded or buffed before it has a chance to stain. Have you never had this problem? I'm not saying that a few things here and there dont stain, but across the board I'm starting to think straight permanent ink is the all around best. I don't think that this is that crazy of a revalation. I've spent the last month rocking a navy blue Fiebings/Nero/Garvey/Marsh (red dye) mix all over the place. Most of the hits are half or totally faded. I've tried them all straight too. They all fade hella fast. This isn't bullshit speculation, this is actual experience. I believe you Chum, I've had good experiences with stainers too... it just seems very on and off with these mixes when compared to a straight high quality perm ink. I've had Pilot stain insides, and last forever with full colour outside. Sure it buffs a bit easier, but at least it shines the whole time its up. I dont want to argue over it, I'm more just looking for writers who can relate.

Originally posted by Adernaline+Nov 14 2004, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adernaline - Nov 14 2004, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rubbish heap@Nov 12 2004, 11:36 PM

and uninterested in graffiti

that deserves a slap.

and for you chumba.

[/b]

Hey, let's just keep this between you and me :shook:

Anyways, here's my results with black Marsh, religion. It's almost the same as Pilot ink - it lasts the weather pretty well, and on certain surfaces will leave an occassional ghost if the buffjob was sloppy / lazy. It's probably the best all around ink and deserves a place in any good recipe. Doesn't really stain a surface like Garv or Fieb's, but it lasts.

Try adding some GV or MB and tell me how it turns out... drunk.gif

Can do Rubb... Thanks for the straight up answer. This is the only thread I check regularly on here, and as an ink lover, I fail to see a due amount of props for you on this subject. Well... heres mine, cheers :) Goin' bombin' tonite.

P.S.

I will definetly post my results with the Marsh mixes on here. This thread deserves it. Peace.

P.P.S

Check the Vancouver Volume one thread for some of my recent hits in pic form.;)

Can do Rubb... Thanks for the straight up answer. This is the only thread I check regularly on here, and as an ink lover, I fail to see a due amount of props for you on this subject. Well... heres mine, cheers :) Goin' bombin' tonite.

P.S.

I will definetly post my results with the Marsh mixes on here. This thread deserves it. Peace.

P.P.S

Check the Vancouver Volume one thread for some of my recent hits in pic form.;)

Well, I have been slacking in this thread lately. In the beginning I would try not to leave any questions unanswered but lately it's all the same shit being asked over and over and I have no sympathy for the newjacks unwilling to do a simple 5 second search...

Looking forward to the results. This thread is nearing it's 1 year anniversary.

... Well I know people have left comments about Marsh, but people who acctually USE the shit, and people who just comment on shit they dont know are hard to tell sometimes. ie. I've used quite a few recipies from here with unsatisfactory long term results. Most of the stuff you have put up, you have also posted long term results with. Thats the only reason I like responses from you.

1) Garvey stains metal surfaces as it sees fit. It is the best metal stain, but check for best results.

2) The tops on Woodcraft markers come off easy with vice grips or common plubers wrench. Try rubber gloves to start though, I find a strong grip usually does the trick. :biglaugh:

I haven't tried many of the recipes off here specifically. I remember once I mixed some kiwi black dye, break fluid, kiwi scuff, highlighter, and a good number of the tags still stand, even thougha few on here otld me it'd be shit. urned out pretty well and very drippy on cement

I've mixed garvy and OTR HTB black and have had good results, it jsut takes a long time to dry. Those of you knocking on the garvey might but putting too much, making it take longer to dry. You gotta remember that. I haven't used marsh or nero but I know the pilot i have used dries a lot faster than hard to buff and garvey. Just ogtta find that good balance. A lot of peple use break fluid ot make it corrosive and all, and I sya you gotta limit that because it definitelyt hinders drying time. I'm not sure it's even worht putting in there, maybe just a few drops.