Beware of the Help Wanted section -----------> SCAM

-Rage-

Here's the dilly...

I'm looking through today's local classifieds and I spot and awesome Help Wanted ad... it reads:

Park Ranger I Earn $14-$20 / hr. Paid training, full benefits. Call M thru F 9-5 1-800-***-****

So I call.

AA= you know

S= "Shelly"

-ring-

S: State of residence?

AA: Pennsylvania.

S: You are calling in response to the Forest Ranger ad?

AA: Yes.

S: You are at a permenant residence in Pennsylvania?

S: You are at least 18 years of age?

S: Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

AA: Nope.

S: Do you have a form of Credit of Checking?

AA: Yes, both.

S: Ok.. this job is....

She goes off about the types of jobs "available" and that a Civil Service exam is needed.

blah blah blah.. the better you score the more you will earn. Which is all normal.

This is where the phone call went sketchy.

S: There is an exam fee $69.95 which is refundable if you fail the exam. Failing is a score of 70% or lower.

Now, Alan, do you have the Credit card with you? I'll need your account number.

I take out my card, fumble with it and realize something...

AA: Uh, you know what, I don't actually have it on me. Can I pay with a check?

S: Oh yes, but that will delay the application process from 10-14 days. Can I have the last 9 digits of your checking account?

I realize what's going on. And that question confirmed it...

AA: Uhh you know what I don't have that near me either.

S: Okay, well you can call us back. My name is Shelly.

-click-

I'm guessing this is a total scam. The bad thing is my co-worker signed up for it and gave his card information.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by -Rage-

S: There is an exam fee $69.95 which is refundable if you fail the exam. Failing is a score of 70% or lower.

Now, Alan, do you have the Credit card with you? I'll need your account number.

I DID THAT!! Motherfuckers didn't tell me on the phone, though. They lured me to their office for an 'interview and pre-screening'... so I take the test, get an 88% and get called back into an office. I'm told all the same shit as you... there are a lot of positions available, to hold my spot for the test-preparation classes they''re going to need $120... blah blah blah... long story short I gave the bitch a 50 and by the time I got home I decided I wasn't giving them anymore money.. especially not the $450 they wanted for study materials.

FUCK EMPLOYMENT GUIDES.

reminds me of the time I paid $500 for modelling shots and

those fuckers told me I'd get work. They just make money off pretty people like me.

Just because we're beautiful doesn't mean we're dumb.

;)

Originally posted by Kilo7-

reminds me of the time I paid $500 for modelling shots and

those fuckers told me I'd get work. They just make money off pretty people like me.

Just because we're beautiful doesn't mean we're dumb.

"it's a neatly chisled,well-groomed, drop dead handsome face... you must be another handsome boy graduate."

i can honestly say i've never been scammed.... but if you kids out there under 18 order from columbia house, or whatever, they can't hold you to the contract, and when you get a notice 6 years later saying if you don't respond to it, you're automatically conceding that you owe them money, don't respond to it... that makes the contract valid.

HA!!!

fucking with bunnies and raccoons an shit?!

i just looked at your babyrage thread again cuz of kilo's 'center' thread in 'feedback'

fucking adorable!

i say bring that to your next job interview, no matter what it is..if it's a woman, she'll hire you

;)

Originally posted by Vanity

"it's a neatly chisled,well-groomed, drop dead handsome face... you must be another handsome boy graduate."

Christ, beat me to it.

"I'm not modeling anymore for the two of you!"

"They made me take off my top!"

Archived