The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking

[b

...probably the most famous 'sticker' guy ever, was a cat named 'dave' in SF. dude did simple little stick figures basically, and just wrote 'DAVE'. nothing else. always on the same blank white 'c-line' stickers. no special talent, no artistry... [/b]

probably the same dave that puts posters up all over s.f now?

dave's wooster profile

edit :: shit, things move quick here! good work stomah!!

"but i think that ONLY sticker bombing isnt real graf"

one, personally, i dont want to be associated with graffiti for what i do...graffiti ruined my life.

"to explore new things, and by new things, i don't mean putting a flower in your characters hand."

two, i like the flower in her hand

:p :D

"i think there are probably some people here who have no interest in really 'expressing' themselves, or trying to push themselves creatively or otherwise."

three, i dont know if you were including me in this, but i have many ways that i express myself, and i do have much interest in this. im not trying to prove myself or anything, i just get bothered by things like this.. im a quiet person with a lot on my mind and a lot of problems in my life that i cant express through words...i make stickers, doing a little character might not seem much to you, but doing a character with his head bleeding and a hole where his heart was is how i felt during that session, and these stupid little characters mean a lot to me...its not a cry for attention or anything, i just need to get feelings out and i get them out through a marker and some paper...they keep my mind off of things that i dont necessarily want to think about.. i also paint canvases and create digital artwork as well and have had solo shows with the digital work. and Dave from sf is a great artist, ive traded/talked with him a few times and he has had nothing but love for my characters...its always the writers who have a problem because they are in the graffiti mindset. my self expression isnt graffiti, and there are no rules.

since stomah started this thread i have been contributing photos of my work...in the beginning, me and stomah were the only two posting, then little by little kids became interested in the medium and began working as well...ill admit that sometimes when i see a new character come up i think that it could have more work done to it, but who am i to tell someone else what to do? if they like it then who cares thats what matters...

and seeking, i remember your stickers those were nice as hell...you have great artistic abilities and i can tell you spend time for each idea, i can only take mine so far...i want mine to be basic and to get the point across...Bob takes on the roles of humans...from a police officer to a bride and groom, or even superman...its all to make peoples walk down the street a little more exciting and colorful instead of the usual cold, gray colors of the city...and when i need to get something out, youll see it in the characters.

ok less talk and more flicks, this is getting rediculous....ill post a picture later on of a bob and mf toro i threw up real quick today..

Guest Propaganda

I would all let you know what SLYDE is about and what it means but no sense in telling story unless face to face. Right fantom?

Guest Propaganda

grime? was that supposed to be 'grim'?

either way, it doesn't surprise me. people love to talk about me.

please share.

Best we leave it offline if you don't mind dude. It had to do with one of the banned members here from your area. Not really my business I understand just heard from fellow friend. If you continue to grow intrest in it, feel free to email me.

wow. i haden't seen anything new by dave in years. he got all colorful and exciting.

glad to see he's still around. DOD, next time you speak with him, give him the blessings of a complete stranger who always loved seeing his stuff.

DOD,

i was not talking about you specifically at all. you're one of the few people i've noticed in here that really seems to try doing things and puts alot of effort into it. if there was a flower in the hand of one of your characters, it was completely coincidental. either way though, theres no need to defend yourself to me or anyone else. i could really care less what you guys do. it makes no difference to my life. i was just trying to maybe put a nicer spin on what asoka said, and express a couple ideas of my own. trust me, i understand what you mean by using stickers as a way to work through issues. i do the same with the stickers i make, the same with painting. it might not seem very related, but it all ties together in my own head and that's all it needs to. if it makes you happy and keeps you healthy, then who cares what i or anyone else says?

apologies are for the weak and the wrong.

so how about we all agree that "street art" and "graffiti" are on two seperate levels of vadalisim?

If not, oh well. All I know is that I'm gonna keep doing what I love to do, and somebody expressing thier opinion over the net is in now way gonna have an effect on it.

now lets all go out and mess up something that we don't own.

Originally posted by Propaganda

Best we leave it offline if you don't mind dude. If had to do with one of the banned members here from your area. Not really my business I understand just heard from fellow friend. If you continue to grow intrest in it, feel free to email me.

that kid?! haha. that kid is a completely joke. i'd enjoy hearing what he has to say about me though. feel free to drop an email to seeking12oz@hotmail.com

wow. i haden't seen anything new by dave in years. he got all colorful and exciting.

glad to see he's still around. DOD, next time you speak with him, give him the blessings of a complete stranger who always loved seeing his stuff.

DOD,

i was not talking about you specifically at all. you're one of the few people i've noticed in here that really seems to try doing things and puts alot of effort into it. if there was a flower in the hand of one of your characters, it was completely coincidental. either way though, theres no need to defend yourself to me or anyone else. i could really care less what you guys do. it makes no difference to my life. i was just trying to maybe put a nicer spin on what asoka said, and express a couple ideas of my own. trust me, i understand what you mean by using stickers as a way to work through issues. i do the same with the stickers i make, the same with painting. it might not seem very related, but it all ties together in my own head and that's all it needs to. if it makes you happy and keeps you healthy, then who cares what i or anyone else says?

apologies are for the weak and the wrong.

haha ok ill let dave know...dont worry i know you meant nothing but good intentions...and that last line is great...

hopefully these will kick off a trend of posting flicks..sorry if i already posted some i lose track...alright guys let chill..

rwk.com/lunartik hybrid and visual narcotics..

http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_20529130119.jpg'>

bob in england..

http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_2018014030.jpg'> http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_20182140351.jpg'> http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_17275140344.jpg'>

bob and el toro..

http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_15292149032.jpg'>

slowpoke in england..

http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_2018614039.jpg'> http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_20184140355.jpg'>

big perro..

http://www.stickernation.net/images/photos/big_16448149043.jpg'>

bob and dave..

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00229239f00000093.jpg'> http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00229239f00000104.jpg'>

wow ok...alot of stuff has picked up and said in the past 2 days of my absence...i agree with dbd and your doin stickers for your own reasons...i wrote and bombed philly b4...i just dont do stickers...the thing is philly has alot of talent and mine couldnt compare at the moment...stickers on the other hand wasnt present...and now were finding our own place in philly and i appreciate sf1 for the support and many others...thats wat keeps me goin...umm for the toro remark on my name..i just picked it...i wanted somethin spanishh and that was the name i came up with...prolly cuz i was lil stoned..haha...but anyways...stickers isnt graffit? its getin up no matter what...i can write in crayons and thats being up...it aint the best method but its up...in my opinion every one is a critic..just dont start attacking and making claims with out knowing the facts...blah blah blah blah..enuff of that here are some pics...

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000001.jpg'>

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000002.jpg'>

ive been tryin to keep up with the guy scribbling our stickers and postin my new stuff up after he does his shit...it lasts about a week and i have to put somethin new...it aint stoppin me

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000003.jpg'>

oh and the comment of being simple..i dont think this sticker is simple at all...

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000004.jpg'>

just another big sticker

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000005.jpg'>

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000006.jpg'>

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00439900f00000007.jpg'>

great post frost, good to see you put up them monsters. how has the scribbling been? has it increased? i dont think ill be able to make it over there until next week because of these rediculous gas prices, unless you want to go tomorrow if youre going to be there...one day we should meet up and go on a mission to just cover up our dissed work and reclaim the area...if you get this and are going tomorrow or want to just give me a call tonight, ill be up...

june 15! wooster show...

Originally posted by fr0st

the scribbles are increasing...i see more and more of us getting taken out...i put up stuff last week and its scribbled out this week..more and more and eventually this kid will stop...i wish i had more flicks...

SERIOUSLY, THE ONLY WAY YOUR GONNA STOP THIS GUY FROM SCRIBBLING OUT YOUR SHIT IS TO GO ON PATROLES IN HIS FAVORITE AREA AND CATCH HIM IN THE ACT. ROLL AT LEAST 2-3 THICK. IF THERES TOO MANY PEOPLE AROUND THEN SIMPLY FOLLOW HIM UNTIL YOU HAVE HIM BY HIMSELF AND BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM. ROLL ON THE PUSSY. CAUSE YOU KNOW HE'S LAUGHING AT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHEN HES DISSING YOUR SHIT, AND THE ONLY WAY HE'S GONNA STOP IS IF YOU SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND THE ONLY WAY THAT IS GONNA HAPPEN IS IF YOU FUCK HIM UP. WORST CASE SCENARIO IF YOU GET CAUGHT JUST TELL THE COPS THAT HE'S A GRAFFITI WRITER THAT WROTE ON YOUR HOUSE AND YOU FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO HIM (HE'S ALREADY GOT A MARKER ON HIM). TELL THE COPS HE WRITES SIK. :lol: :lol: BETTER YET JUST BE SMART AND DONT GET CAUGHT STOMPING THE PUSSY.OR YOU COULD GO THE GHANDI ROUTE AND HOPE HE'LL JUST STOP, BUT GHANDI WAS A PUSSY. ASK PERRO ABOUT HOW FAST HIS SHIT STOPPED GETING RAGGED AFTER I CAUGHT THE CULPRITS IN THE ACT, SMACKED ONE OF EM WITH MY BIKE LOCK AND WALKED AWAY WITH THEIR PAINT.

Re: SF1

Originally posted by WTF?

the superhero of the streets...

:lol: :lol: AINT NOBODY A SUPERHERO. THATS WHY I SAID TO ROLL 2-3 DEEP, JUST INCASE DUDE IS BIG OR WITH SOMEONE (MOST LIKELY ITS A FAGGIT LITTLE CORNBALL). EVEN IF HE IS WITH SOMEONE YOU CAN ATLEAST KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE AND MAYBE WHERE HE LIVES AND CATCH HIM WHEN HE AINT READY. BUT I DONT THINK HE'S GONNA STOP UNTIL SOMEBODY FUCKS HIM UP. EVEN IF ITS A GIRL I'D STILL BEAT THE BITCH!:D :D

Its ECH that is just vandalizm and not Graff, but STICKERS STICK ON THE WORD GRAFFITI

Who ever thinks that STICKERS are not a part of GRAFFITI is dead wrong.

Its a way to get up, a graffiti technique, IT Is more Real in Graffiti then a piece in your room. (thats if its posted outside)

Stickers are in the Bombers Branch, putting it like this to express myself better.

On the MAJORITY of the busy city blocks, you can't just bust out 2 markers and begin to do a CHARACTER or a Small Gettup, theres not enough time, or too many people walking by.

So thats where this TECHNIQUE comes in, you do something nice on a STICKER and put it up somewhere where you won't be able to take your time in or on.

Don't hate the technique, Stickers is a way of getting up, and GETTING UP IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ROLES GRAFFITI HAS.

So if some still disagree with Stickers being a part of Graffiti, then you might as well say Markers are not a part of graffiti.

And if your point is that its not Graffiti because they rock CHARACTERS, then your Discrediting and also saying that 70% of the dopest PRODUCTIONS IN GRAFFITI HISTORY are not GRAFFITI because they have characters.

Theres ART and an ASPECT of ART inside of GRAFFITI.

THERE ARE RULES TO THIS GAME, THERE ARE RULES IN GRAFFITI...

But theres no discrimination on LABELS or STICKERS or ANY MEANS OF GETTING UP, and EXPRESSING YOUR SELF, and PROTESTING, OR PUTTING YOUR MESSAGE, YOUR VIEWS, YOUR FEELINGS, YOU LOVE OUT THERE...

So AGAIN, IF I Knew that on that street pole I could only bust a quick handstyle with a marker or can, I would rather take my time, bust a nice piece on a STICKER and go back there and put it up.

Its not the size, its called a PIECE because its short for MASTERPIECE.

These words came from a loyal, well dedicated, active writters, thats been painting for years, and at one point, as a toy I did Stickers, and now as a Real Writter, Im doing STICKERS AGAIN, and theres nothing but good in it.

TRUEHARDCORE

CHI-TOWN ORIGINATED EST. 1989

MIG3 MIAMI RAISED

peqce

A WISE MAN ONCE TOLD ME, TO TELL YOU THIS

I liked what FRoST just said.

"...stickers isnt graffit? its getin up no matter what...i can write in crayons and thats being up...it aint the best method but its up..."

I highly agree, I've been writting for years, and when I was younger I racked and racked markers and all that, I used them so hard and so much they all ran out, and thats not all I did I also painted with cans.

But now, I don't rack, IM DRUG FREE NOW, but thats another story.

So getting markers is hard, why, I have the money for it, but I don't want to pay that much for Markers, its bad enough its expensive to bust a couple of pieces....

So I get markers when they come, when I find them or when someone gives them to me.

My point is, that during the years and the 10,000 tags I have put up, the ones that last the longest are MEAN STREAKS, OIL PASTELS, OR CRAYONS.

Just now, recently, I started getting up with CRAYONS, Thats all I have, little pieces of broken Crayola CRAYONS that I found in a box.......

UP'S is UP'S, and thats BOMBING, THE CITIES MY BLACKBOOK, I COLOR IT UP.

To tell you the truth, most permanent markers don't last more then a month here in FLORIDA, with the sun and rain, its all gone.

OIL PASTELS have lasted, I still see some of my tags running from the 90's with them....

Even PAINT MARKERS, they fade after a while, still on the surface, but they loose their dark color, red usually turns white...

Point blank, the last 3 days, I've thrown up at least 200 Handstyles.

WITH CRAYONS, but its never going to chage the fact that I got UP.

Peace and GOD BLESS.

Originally posted by El Producto

http://www.woostercollective.com/images/balcony.jpg'>

where was this picture taken??

it's on church street, stoke newington, london, uk. outside the vortex jazz bar. I work about twenty metres away from it!

that corner has a bit of history. First it was claimed by RD crew, then banksy dropped a nice stencil of the guard pissing ink onto the wall, then shogi (rd) did a throwie over it, then banksy did one of the biggest stencils ever on it, then welsh and shogi wrote on it..

banksy's turn.

Originally posted by JUSTONE

it's on church street, stoke newington, london, uk. outside the vortex jazz bar. I work about twenty metres away from it!

that corner has a bit of history. First it was claimed by RD crew, then banksy dropped a nice stencil of the guard pissing ink onto the wall, then shogi (rd) did a throwie over it, then banksy did one of the biggest stencils ever on it, then welsh and shogi wrote on it..

banksy's turn.

ok cool..i asked because welsh and shogi are uk writers (as you said in your post)...i thought maybe they did some overseas action...

Originally posted by SF1

SERIOUSLY, THE ONLY WAY YOUR GONNA STOP THIS GUY FROM SCRIBBLING OUT YOUR SHIT IS TO GO ON PATROLES IN HIS FAVORITE AREA AND CATCH HIM IN THE ACT. ROLL AT LEAST 2-3 THICK. IF THERES TOO MANY PEOPLE AROUND THEN SIMPLY FOLLOW HIM UNTIL YOU HAVE HIM BY HIMSELF AND BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM. ROLL ON THE PUSSY. CAUSE YOU KNOW HE'S LAUGHING AT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHEN HES DISSING YOUR SHIT, AND THE ONLY WAY HE'S GONNA STOP IS IF YOU SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND THE ONLY WAY THAT IS GONNA HAPPEN IS IF YOU FUCK HIM UP. WORST CASE SCENARIO IF YOU GET CAUGHT JUST TELL THE COPS THAT HE'S A GRAFFITI WRITER THAT WROTE ON YOUR HOUSE AND YOU FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO HIM (HE'S ALREADY GOT A MARKER ON HIM). TELL THE COPS HE WRITES SIK. :lol: :lol: BETTER YET JUST BE SMART AND DONT GET CAUGHT STOMPING THE PUSSY.OR YOU COULD GO THE GHANDI ROUTE AND HOPE HE'LL JUST STOP, BUT GHANDI WAS A PUSSY. ASK PERRO ABOUT HOW FAST HIS SHIT STOPPED GETING RAGGED AFTER I CAUGHT THE CULPRITS IN THE ACT, SMACKED ONE OF EM WITH MY BIKE LOCK AND WALKED AWAY WITH THEIR PAINT.

he told me that story haha..you know if i did catch him i probably would do something because its rediculous...maybe we should wait for him like SF said haha

heres that random one from yesterday, its in jersey somewhere

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00433050f00000030.jpg'>