The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know why it looks like bob? cuz bob is a face with 2 eyes...u start comparin each character with a head and 2 round eyes it'll look like bob if u like it or not...bob got the simple style..its how u evolve and change it that makes the difference and unique style...

also for all you guys who love the street art stuff check out the wooster collective show in New York...if any one is interested in goin scoop me up!!! i want to go so bad.

http://www.woostercollective.com/hollywoodpress/Hollywood-Remix-Digital-Fly.jpg'>

on a local note... bboy bbq in Philly this June 13. Wallnuts and Cope 2 made an appearance last year...idk who will b in it this year...it'll b in 5th and cecil bmoore... ill b their definitely...

destroyin and starzabove...drop me an email..so i can get ur packages out...

hey frost i might call out of work to go to that, so if you want a ride or want to take the bus/train up together let me know, that would be awesome because it would be really fuckin cool to meet the people behind the artwork...

as for characters resembling bob...yeah i mean if you look at bob's head, its basically a geometric shape with two circles and ears...i made it real simple because i wanted something people would recognize, something i could draw almost exactly the same every time, and because i feel that there is beauty in simplicity...but like frost said, if you take every character with circles for eyes and compare them, yeah there will be similarities...but those stickers with the oval eyes are by a guy named Lemz, and hes a nice guy whos been doing this for a bit now so i doubt he bit off of me..some characters are basic shapes pretty much, so theyre all similar, yet each has their own personality traits...some have great detail like some of el toro's work with the mf toro and his other ones if you look close there is great attention to detail which is really cool....wow im talking too much, im just tired...when it all comes down to it, everyones work has certain things that resemble someone elses work unless youre completely original, which is hard nowadays because everyone is influenced by everyone else at one point or another, which is a good thing...its like saying "your E looks like his letter E in his throw" well how many ways could you possibly shape an E? its like characters, theres only so much you can do to them, just keep at it...

shut the fuck up bob......

ok

Originally posted by Destruction by Definition

as for characters resembling bob...yeah i mean if you look at bob's head, its basically a geometric shape with two circles and ears...i made it real simple because i wanted something people would recognize, something i could draw almost exactly the same every time, and because i feel that there is beauty in simplicity...but like frost said, if you take every character with circles for eyes and compare them, yeah there will be similarities...but those stickers with the oval eyes are by a guy named Lemz, and hes a nice guy whos been doing this for a bit now so i doubt he bit off of me..some characters are basic shapes pretty much, so theyre all similar, yet each has their own personality traits...some have great detail like some of el toro's work with the mf toro and his other ones if you look close there is great attention to detail which is really cool....wow im talking too much, im just tired...when it all comes down to it, everyones work has certain things that resemble someone elses work unless youre completely original, which is hard nowadays because everyone is influenced by everyone else at one point or another, which is a good thing...its like saying "your E looks like his letter E in his throw" well how many ways could you possibly shape an E? its like characters, theres only so much you can do to them, just keep at it...

shut the fuck up bob......

ok

W O R D

aren't you guys sick of trying to reinvent the fucking wheel by using the exact same parts? not to dis anyone in particular, but all these fucking characters look like they could have been done by the same person. it's boring as shit. cookie cutter blandness. what happened to trying to do something different? you're like a bunch of fucking goth kids, talking about being non-comformists and 'wearing whatever you want to', then dressing exactly like every other goth in the world. try something different. try a different medium, a different technique. this shit is formulaic and gimmicky. booooooorrrrriiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg.

i think twist, giant, dave, dalek and kaws kind of already nailed the coffin shut.

Originally posted by asoka

aren't you guys sick of trying to reinvent the fucking wheel by using the exact same parts? not to dis anyone in particular, but all these fucking characters look like they could have been done by the same person. it's boring as shit. cookie cutter blandness. what happened to trying to do something different? you're like a bunch of fucking goth kids, talking about being non-comformists and 'wearing whatever you want to', then dressing exactly like every other goth in the world. try something different. try a different medium, a different technique. this shit is formulaic and gimmicky. booooooorrrrriiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg.

i think twist, giant, dave, dalek and kaws kind of already nailed the coffin shut.

hush little baby, dont say a word......everythings been done before

if you think twist, giant, dave, dalek and kaws are the only ones that did anything then you should just shut up...i just posted a list of people that are going to be in the Hollywood remix exhibit...look at that list and look at what they've done...we got influenced by the people before us but were always trying to evolve what we have...if people listened to you then graffiti wouldve stopped in new york and would have never gone world wide...maybe next time trying opening your eyes

Originally posted by Destruction by Definition

hey frost i might call out of work to go to that, so if you want a ride or want to take the bus/train up together let me know, that would be awesome because it would be really fuckin cool to meet the people behind the artwork...

yo, he and i were discussing this last night, im pretty sure im going to take the train up, we could meet at market east or something, it would be good times, hit me up with an e-mail and we can discuss it further

In my opinion...stickers are like graffity..

kind of protest..

maybe some of them are similar to each other..but they still have a different ideas or opinions

so..those who don't understand shit...STFU

I'll post some Faide stickers in the next week..

:D :D :cool: :cool:

if you think twist, giant, dave, dalek and kaws are the only ones that did anything then you should just shut up...i just posted a list of people that are going to be in the Hollywood remix exhibit...look at that list and look at what they've done...we got influenced by the people before us but were always trying to evolve what we have...if people listened to you then graffiti wouldve stopped in new york and would have never gone world wide...maybe next time trying opening your eyes

:cry2:

*tear*

damn yo...well put, haha.

A-L-M-O-S-T every character ive seen in here is original and you can tell its made by a different person. i tried drawing a slowpoke once, i couldnt do it, same with ratwings and fiend's. alot of these stuff are totally new. from ratwings rugged type characters, to bob, who's stickers look like he drew with a ruler because there all so perfectly lined and symetric (sp). if you think we should not do stickers because someones already done it, then you sir, should stop painting walls, or streaking lightpoles, or writing your alias in the snow with piss. HOWEVER you get up, has been done before. go commit suicide, wait, someones done that before...guess thats out of the question.

the mother fuckin 20

roll deep or roll on out

no frontin

20 deep, 50 large....

This is exactly how I feel. Not about stickers in general, just some of the shit I've seen in this thread.

Originally posted by fr0st

if people listened to you then graffiti wouldve stopped in new york and would have never gone world wide...maybe next time trying opening your eyes

Originally posted by asoka

what happened to trying to do something different?.... try a different medium, a different technique. this shit is formulaic and gimmicky. booooooorrrrriiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg.

why don't you try reading before you talk?! if it was up to me, kids wouldnt be sitting on the internerd, forming internerd crews full of kids that do nothing but make stickers that look nearly interchangable. 20 deep? what does that mean? 20 deep in eachothers asses? it's like all you kids hope to accomplish in life is to come up with a character that looks different enough so you can claim it's your own (which is usually highly arguable). it's a big boring formula. blocky head, either real big or real small eyes. big teeth. maybe a big tongue sticking out. maybe there's no bottom jaw, just some jagged little simpsons teeth. it's boring as fuck. if it makes all you guys happy, don't let me get in the way of your e-notoriety. i'm not trying to be an asshole, i'm just sick of watching kids get souped up on mediocre blandness. and don't insult my intelligence by telling me i don't know about graff or it's history. i was writing before any of you kids had hair on your balls.

you all are a bunch of little girls. If you don't liek what we do, then don't look at it. We arn't asking you to come in here and love what we do. I don't beleive any of us are doing it for your acceptance. Just like you probably arn't painting walls for the acceptance of others. We let you do your thing, let us do our thing. and whoever it was claimin us as internet nerds have no room to speak cause you took the time to come in here, look at our shit, form a biased opinion, and type up some worthless bullshit, so there for are the same internetnerd as all of us.

Get off our nuts. If you don't like it, you shouldn't feel the need to type up a paragraph about it, unless you got nothing better to do. "you should be out pianiting the same old letters over and over"

Why can't we all get along and vandalize in our own seperate ways?

20DEEP, helping other artists get up around the world since 1889

Before i start, i'd like to mention that 20 deep doesn't have much to do with the internet. Cept for the fact that thats where we plan shit. And if you had any respect for graffiti, you'd respect all mediums that people use. I write and i do stickers, i dont call them the same thing, but they are both forms of graffiti. If you're saying characters are lame, well, whatever. Anyone can argue that, its an opinion. I dont remember anyone going in the brick slayers thread and calling out whatever you post, if indeed you do post (i don't know.)

P.S. if WE are the "internerds", then why do you have more posts than some of us?

ok, im ready for this thread to move on from words about who's stickers look like who's and all of that bullshit, and since i havent been out to put any stickers up today ill post this

http://www.gonad.org/upload/images/board.jpg'>

anyone want it? i was bored at work and had some pens with me so i decided to make a canvas out of some old cardboard laying around, ill trade for it (ill throw in some stickers so if someone gets it they arent just getting a piece of trash in the mail and departing with some of their beloved stickers) i know its not a sticker but everyone here is cool with trades and such so, i felt it would be alright to put it up here