Books for the thinking man (Help me out Players)

SHUTMDOWN

OK, so I'm not well read, and I barely graduated high school, but I think I got the juice, and am going to be sucessful regardless. I recently read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", and now I'm a man on a mission. I've wasted a lot of time complaining about the injustices of "the system", and just came to the conclusion that you have to get yours, because nobody is going to do it for you.

So what I want to know is if there is anybody out there who has read and reccomend any books that will help me on my quest to become Supreme Alpha-Male. My main focus is to have as much fun as I can while I'm on this earth. Since the more money you have, the more fun you can have, right now, I'm all about gettin mines.

I HIGHLY reccomend "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" to everybody. It teaches you how to think about money the right way. It talks alot about the Education System (Refer to Grandolas thread) and how it keeps most people down, and doesnt teach you how to become financially literate.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know, i hardly think about money, and i live a more fun filled life than 75% of the people i know.

money does not equal fun. infact, the funnest times in my life have often been the brokest. as long as you're in good health, struggling can be hysterical.

lately ive been reading stuff by francoise sagan. it's like amalie, but on paper, and very different (but not). it will never make me rich, but it makes me happy.

i didnt graduate high school, and i'm not very well read, but im covered in tattooes and i've got dope headphones, so what is there to complain about?

whatup homie

good paintin with ya.

yeah, so if you're interested in politics at all..this book is a comprhensive history of american military interventions since the end of WWII..it is an eyeopener, to say the least..Killing Hope by William Blum

www.killinghope.com

as far as classic reading..have you ever read Catcher in the Rye? or how 'bout Siddhartha?

Thanks for the input guys (and gal),

Steve and Seeking-

While I understand that fun has everything to do with your attitude, my point is that if you have money you can still leave the wallet at home, catch out and have a ball, just seeing some sites and trying to survive for the fun of it. If you dont have money, its a lot more stressful to try to throw big parties, or do some serious globe trotting and what not. While I may not have "found myself" 100% yet, I'm learning and have definately found the value in staying true to myself, and what I believe in. This is why I've decided it is important to ME to attempt to acheive and experience eveything I can out of life. Hope that makes sense and can help you appreciate where I'm coming from. What I'm really asking for is some help in trying to achieve MY goals. This is best provided by others who share similar interests, however, I do appreciate your perspective Seeking.

Thanks Tease and Doggy

!@#$%-

Right on, always a good time. My opinions on politics are constantly changing, to the point where I feel like I should just ignore all or most of the issues just to try to retain some sanity. I'm definately interested in the evolution of all things, including emperialism, but I think I want to focus on myself right now. That shit tends to get me worked up over things I cant control. Maybe you can save me time and just break it down for me in the yard or whatever. We're both pretty opinonated and I'm sure it would spur some "lively" discussions. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anybody feelin me out there? I mean like are going through, or have gone through the process of trying to establish yourself and gain some fianacial freedom? I'm really interested in Real Estate. I love architecture (though I dont know much techmically about it), and would really enjoy making money off of Re-Habs, rental properties and the such beacuse I can look at buildings/houses all day. Anybody had any success in this area and care to share some ways to get started?

hey man...don't get me wrong...money is important to a point...I'm just saying don't let it consume you...because it isn't everything. there is a comfort level. I'm obviously at it. I know what I can live on...everything above that level is just gravy. if you can...I highly recommend getting in on real estate. The level of return I'm getting right now is amazing. I'm actually thinking about buying more property.

steveaustinslumlordoner...

I'm totally felling you. Beleive me "easy come, easy go" I refuse to stress, I'm just looking for the "easy come" right now. So hook a brotha up (books, programs, whatever) to help me get started. Have you checked out stuff like that Carlton Sheets stuff and is it worth it, or is it shit. Here's the deal. I'm most-likely getting ready to sell my first houst and hopefully cash in on the equity I have that is easily equal to what I paid for the house (about 40k, It was some what of a steal). I've got sizeable debt (10-15k) that I can eliminate, and hopefully re-invest the rest in my first multi-family. Is this the way to go? What other oportunities am I overlooking? How do you effectively re-establish good credit after acting like a credit whore? I got to find sources for these answers, and not that I'm lazy, but I'm all about short cuts that wont harm you in the long run, like shamelessly soliciting advice from strangers.;)

I have friends in the industry, so thats how I got my info. If I come across any books or what not I'll forward it on. I know the area I live in well, so it wasn't that risky for me. The time to do it is definitely now. The rates won't be this low again for quite some time. Check out rental property and then check out house costs in certain areas. If you can buy one and then rent it out for a bit more than your mortgage...you're golden. Let someone else earn your equity for you.

Archived