Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks

I appreciate every vote I received. Isn't the RES battle over Ceito? I think This has the five votes. I would have voted for Paid over This. I've seen far better work from This. Paid's entry electrified my computer screen, although only containing like 3 colors and no fill. That to me is a straight up winner. Props to Paid, Koot, Ethik, and Porque on that battle, I was feelin' all yalls entries.

Guest CrewJones

what a bunch of wanna bes.... on the internet, trying so damn hard to feel better about yourself because your drawing on PAPER is better than some other 15 year olds drawing... if thats what graffiti is to you, good for you, but this shit is CORNY... bottom line, and thats not an opinion, it is a fact... you just dont know it yet.... lets see how many of you stop posting once its time to post battle flicks of pieces, USING A CAN OF SPRAY PAINT... And the only things worse than those posting sketches in this manner, and the fluffers who come in here and tell these morons how "hot" their pieces are... no Heart... just scenesters

CrewJones, I feel what you're saying. This is just something I do when I'm bored. The RES battle was the first paper battle I've been in in months. I don't think I should waste paint on a Name that isn't mine, just to take a picture and post it on the net. By the way, I can use spray paint, I'm not an invalid to graffiti. Look at my thread called New Things I Felt Like Doing With Style. I feel you though, by the way, what do you write?

good pep talk.

Originally posted by CrewJones

what a bunch of wanna bes.... on the internet, trying so damn hard to feel better about yourself because your drawing on PAPER is better than some other 15 year olds drawing... if thats what graffiti is to you, good for you, but this shit is CORNY... bottom line, and thats not an opinion, it is a fact... you just dont know it yet.... lets see how many of you stop posting once its time to post battle flicks of pieces, USING A CAN OF SPRAY PAINT... And the only things worse than those posting sketches in this manner, and the fluffers who come in here and tell these morons how "hot" their pieces are... no Heart... just scenesters

:lol: http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jerome2/crowdapplause.gif'>

CrewJones.

Yeah man way to rep some real graff man.

Because I'm sure that no one in this thread has ever touched a can of paint or ever went out bombing?

Right Starz, you've never gone bombing or anything.

This? Right? Never touched paint?

moron.

That's why this IS the fucking internet. This is something done to kick back and kill some time.

Know what's even lamer than drawing on paper and "battling 15 year olds?"

Coming online to bash the same shit and trying to come off like some kid of fucking OG bomber.

Don't you know the time you spent typing your response you coulda been doing your mad crazy bomber shit? Or rocking one of those super clean ultra burnerz you rock?

Dick.

Guest CrewJones

Its just so ridiculous... keeping a score board, "im better than you this week... Now he's better than this other kid," and on and on and on... man, really....ask yourselves why you really are into graffiti. If there was no audience, no other writers to see your pieces, would you be so into it? It seems like so many new kids NEED some sort of attention, and they want that shit TODAY... NOW... PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!! Well, thats cool if that makes it more fun for you, but when I started, hearing how "hot" my shit was when it wasnt even close to it yet would not have pushed me to get better... When I started, Im glad that the established writers were honest... they told me straight up... "its wack buddy... and it will be for a long time..." You guys think you may be getting so much better, but look at who you are comparing yourselves to!!! Fuck trying to compare yourselves to everyone else, and do this shit because its what you like to do... and not because its some new big club or scene that you feel you can be a part of to be cool... because trust me, those dont last... ive seen em come and go... What I am trying to say is, online paper battles with scoreboards and shit is corny as hell... if you like statistics so much, get into magic the gathering or dungeons and dragons or something... cuz thats what this posts seems like.................CCCCCOOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

^^W O R D (crewjones, word man)

Most definitely man. Graffiti is who I am, not what I do. My paperwork and paintings always, ALWAYS need to be improved, in my opinion. I have two passions. Graffiti art first, and Art second. I watch Style Wars once every day, hearing the interviews over and over, getting filled and refilled with the way it was inthe old days, the days of kings. I know what you mean by todays graffiti. It's "all about the dollar". For me, it's all about STYLE. I try to perfect my style to know that I can be a king of style, not king of ups, not king of fame, not king of graffiti, Just a STYLE KING. I always, always, push my style to the limit. Tomorrow is another day to perfect the style I was working on yesterday. I paint pieces when I want to publicly display my newly perfected style. I love the game.

...damn...the battle's over already?...i was plannin' on talkin some mad shit to kids while everyone was voting...oh well...i'll give it to this because he spent some time colorin and his letters are nice and crisp...asert piece is awesome except for the bottom of the 'e'...

...crewjones...are paper battles over the internet corny?...yep...do i really care?...no...i did this, twice now, because i was bored as shit and couldn't go out and paint...i am aware, as is everyone, that a lot of people on here don't really paint much...but some of us do...some of us paint a lot more than you think...and yes i think a real battle would be with people flicking real pieces that they did and posting them up...i obviously don't care too much about doing full blown sketches, i think i own a grand total of six markers, seems like a lot of time i could be spending painting or benching some freights...but whatever people want to do is fine with me...

Maybe AMEK can "feel" my next one..

What's with you? Does my opinion really matter that much to you?

But CrewJones has a point and I'm kind of glad he said what he said. Because sometimes, that's how I feel. And I know people and even toys don't take this shit seriously. It's just something to do when you're bored. Plus, I don't see anything wrong with competition. As corny as it might sound, it's kind of like a competition within yourself. Pushing yourself to do better each and every sketch. Okay... maybe that didn't sound so cool.

Anyways, Koot, your comment sort of bothered me. Just a little bit even though it was sarcastic. I'm guessing you were fuckin' around with me. Whatever. Pick a word. I'm bored. PIECE BATTLE

peace,

James

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

your screen name was just brought to my attention. its fine as long as you dont actually write ZEALOT. that name is currently taken.

ZEALOT...FLOE.SWS.FA.BNO.TRANSCEND.

NAh i write zealous Is that "alright"?

Originally posted by Fate2*88

CrewJones, I feel what you're saying. This is just something I do when I'm bored. The RES battle was the first paper battle I've been in in months. I don't think I should waste paint on a Name that isn't mine, just to take a picture and post it on the net. By the way, I can use spray paint, I'm not an invalid to graffiti ... I feel you though, by the way, what do you write?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, I dont really give a shit about the scores or whos better than who and all that crap. thats not what its about. Its really about everyone putting out some of their best work and then checking out everyones styles. And thats a really dope concept.

Re: CURRENT BATTLES

Originally posted by StarzAbove

Kise v. WhyWrite (Techno) 2 - 0 (VOTE)

Dlokddlokd v. PapaSmurf (Horse) ((1 on 1)) 0 - X

DUE 6/24/04

Speck v. 0RB1T0N3R (MaskMan) X - X

DUE 6/24/04

Ankster v. OmenTFC v. MilesApart v. Seakr v. Mi5tawers (Jack) 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

DUE 6/26/04

PLEASE VOTE ON:

TECHNO - KISE WHYWRITE

VOTING PROCEDURES:

1 Any one can VOTE

2 You can only VOTE for 1 person

3 You can't VOTE for yourself but you can VOTE for your opponent

4 To VOTE just post the 12oz S/N or Tag whose flic you like best! ( A brief response why you chose it would be better but is not forced.)

5 When the battles are done I move them in this list ABC order by winner

6 Please when a battle is over make sure u count votes and notify me if you think a mistake has been made

7 HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!

(X) Still hasn't posted

(XX) Flic was posted but can't be seen

(TBD) To Be Deleted - I'll Remove my post soon

i entered the jack battle.......

Originally posted by CrewJones

Crack a brew and enjoy the show bro. Or turn the channel.

Corny? sure.

No need to catch feelings about it. Either contribute or ignore the thread.

I got some scrap cans lying around. Pick a word.:)

all fun.