apparently some of you aren't listening...

seeking

hopefullly at one point people might start to get the message, It was real fucking annoying going into a thread only to find it bumped by some fucktwat saying...nothing...

I think Kilo's idea would be sweet, if not too troubling, im sure it involves alot, but something along those lines would maybe help regulate this place more, before the mods have to get involved with every single douchebag here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm glad people are supportive of this.

in the future, if you find shit that annoying, report it to us. it's alot easier to act on something when you've already had 15 emails from respected, contributing members, who let us know about someone fucking things up.

the board is here for you guys to enjoy. it doesnt make money, it doesnt do anything but give us all a place to hang out...if people are making it difficult to enjoy, then we'll handle it. obviously, im not asking everyone to whine about every thing that annoys you, but act within reason....dare i say 'use your common sense'...

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by seeking

talk about getting brains from katie

who?

meh. anyways, thumbs up. personally i feel like all those fags with sweep team in their signature should be the first to see what Probation is all about. Really, who better than a group of kids whose intent on this board is to "sweep" all the threads by posting over and over with smileys and quoting their own smileys and replying with the same smiley.

personally i think all new members should automatically be put on probation. skip the you become a member based on how many posts you've posted silliness. then again i guess it would just be more work in the long run for the mods. oh well, maybe people will just wise up on their own.

its really not that hard to sign on and act like an adult.

especially on channel zero. cause you can only think about graffiti so much and communication with people who have such similar intrests and mindsets with such an easy forum to interact on is cool cause not even wasting time like tv is. cause its discussion not watching...you actually gotta read and shit...its wack that immature juveniles dillute it with petty bullshit. hah..listen to me trynna sound all smart bread and shit.

yeah.....so how many people got banned anyway?

personally i feel like all those fags with sweep team in their signature should be the first to see what Probation is all about.

And this is how problems start,because one dick head wants to get all jolly and write dumb shit..those are the people who need to be given a new status,or just flat out banned.

The whole idea of the mods giving different people different priveleges depending on if they are posting worthwhile shit or not is a really good idea, but the problem is this site has so many members, it'd be way too much work for the mods to try to set everyone up with different statuses and all that.

I like this idea.

Originally posted by Kettiecat

personally i think all new members should automatically be put on probation. skip the you become a member based on how many posts you've posted silliness. then again i guess it would just be more work in the long run for the mods. oh well, maybe people will just wise up on their own.

Originally posted by BigOatser

I think all hilarious and worthwhile posts should count as two, and all rediculous worthless comments should subtract a post from your count. Watch yourselves.

Watch out,cause not everyone thinks that funny is funny.

we've thrown around the idea recently of having all new member requests be manually accepted, so any new member joining, would have to wait until one of us actually hits the 'ok' button. it wold be a drag for those who are first time users, and are registering to reply to something in specific, which i figure is how most people first came onto the board. it's a bit drastic, but dealing with this shit is a pain in the ass.

another idea discussed is to create new 'user groups' that are not based on posts. for some god-unknown reason, people care alot about their post count, as if saying alot has anything to do with saying alot worth hearing. with the new status, we would manually give it to people who we feel deserve it. it would give new people a much clearer understanding of who the 'respected' people are, and who the 100post a day sacks of shit are. personally, im a huge fan of this one, but as of yet, we've been unable to decide upon it.

basically what we're charged with, is making things safe enough, and free enough that everyone can speak their mind and express their ideas, but without allowing people to blow up eachothers spots, or disrupt the general flow. it's a fine line and one that no matter what we do, will inspire a select few to call us 'nazi's or whine about 'power tripping' when infact we're just trying to keep the peace, and keep the masses happy.

if you guys have ideas or things that you see on other boards that you think are good ideas, post it in the feedback or section, or email one of us.

ok, im sick of talking now.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

The whole idea of the mods giving different people different priveleges depending on if they are posting worthwhile shit or not is a really good idea, but the problem is this site has so many members, it'd be way too much work for the mods to try to set everyone up with different statuses and all that.

i agree with you on this one. it is although a public forum and people are free to sign up if they'd like. the whole probation idea kinda sucks just because it limits to what people can or cant do. sure there are some stupid ass people out there that want more posts and what not, but why try to control that? 12oz is the most popular graf public forum out there. the idea of putting people probation to see if they are "okay" enough too keep posting, is LAME! it is a lot of work for the mods and it may be something to control..but why do it? jsut so people can stop being idiots? honestly, i dont think that it can be resolved.

if you'd read back, probation is a status that will be given to people who have proven they can't act like adults. it's not a status that someone must go through in order to be a member. it's an alternative to banning.

we've discussed having seperate topics that can only be entered with certain user status, but as soon as we do tht, people start whining about how were being 'elitest' and trying to create a 'cool guy' club.

no one is ever hppy unless things are set up exctly as they would like them.

of course my answer has lways been, 'good, go start your own board' but i guess that doesnt really solve anything, now does it. :)

another idea discussed is to create new 'user groups' that are not based on posts. for some god-unknown reason, people care alot about their post count, as if saying alot has anything to do with saying alot worth hearing. with the new status, we would manually give it to people who we feel deserve it. it would give new people a much clearer understanding of who the 'respected' people are, and who the 100post a day sacks of shit are. personally, im a huge fan of this one, but as of yet, we've been unable to decide upon it.

I'm for that, once again, a lot of work for you guys, but its a good idea.

....dare i say 'use your common sense'...

here's an example

glad you threw the common sense bit in there seeking.

since some people are such huge post whores...maybe you guys should make the post count invisible. that way no one knows how many more posts you need before your status changes. I'm going with the out of sight out of mind principle with this...and yes I realize this won't change a thing for some people.

The idea of groups not based on post count is a good idea but it will be hard to enforce.

The 'star system' I saw was okay because members would vote about the

status of other members. You only got one vote and it had to count.

No doubt some people would abuse the privilage and give out straight zeros,

but I'm sure that some other webmasters could offer suggestions.

the thing is, once things are implimented, they arent that much work really. if we were to create the new user status, it would not be given out to everyone, but only a select few people who have 'earned' it. there would probably be a couple different groups. one for people who have proven to know their history, facts, etc. one's that post quality content, one's that are especially amusing. i mean, this is all just ideas being thrown around amongst us, but i figured since we kind of have an intelligent dialogue going about how to imporve things, i might as well throw it out for feedback.

anything else you guys got?

i think we need to stop the TEASE BASHING.

everyone wants me to grow up and stop making stupid posts and threads and so on.

WELL I WANT NO MORE PIKS OF ME POSTED, AND NO MORE BASHING ME JUST BECAUSE IM TEASE.

that would help the board out alot...

ill be good if the TEASE BASHER KIDS can be good...

seriously. :D

getting rid of member status wouldn't solve things.

the only thing that will tone down the trouble makers is a banning.

I personally think that member status is a little important. That way I

you know who's been around and had something decent to offer content wise.

However that is changing because some kids are making 1000 posts a week.

I think that things generally self regulate before too long.

in the future, if someone's being a fool I will hit the warn button.

if you'd read back, probation is a status that will be given to people who have proven they can't act like adults. it's not a status that someone must go through in order to be a member. it's an alternative to banning.

we've discussed having seperate topics that can only be entered with certain user status, but as soon as we do tht, people start whining about how were being 'elitest' and trying to create a 'cool guy' club.

no one is ever hppy unless things are set up exctly as they would like them.

of course my answer has lways been, 'good, go start your own board' but i guess that doesnt really solve anything, now does it. :)

well, what topics would be restricted to only certain users?

a better idea, if you were going to go with this idea (which i doubt) would be to let everyone read the topics but maybe restrict who can reply to the topic. the only reason i am saying this is because i wouldn't mind not replying if i got to read it.. but just not being able to read it might aggravate me alittle. and if it would aggravate me it might aggravate others and that might make them want to pull some retarded shit.

i dont know.. i havent slept in acouple days so excuse any sentence that just doesnt seem right.

but only a select few people who have 'earned' it. there would probably be a couple different groups. one for people who have proven to know their history, facts, etc. one's that post quality content, one's that are especially amusing.

I think that would only piss people off.

I mean some of us might not appreciate going into the

'good for a laugh' or 'art nerd' or 'bored at work' categories

you guys might come up with. I think a star ranking system would be

more accurate across the board. I mean someone like sarif&clips is

a hell of a lot different than say KaBar but I wouldn't want to have to pick categories for everyone.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

I think that would only piss people off.

I mean some of us might not appreciate going into the

'good for a laugh' or 'art nerd' or 'bored at work' categories

you guys might come up with. I think a star ranking system would be

more accurate across the board. I mean someone like sarif&clips is

a hell of a lot different than say KaBar but I wouldn't want to have to pick categories for everyone.

the star system.

i would agree to the star system if only crew members had a say in the ranking. there are too many people that would fuck around on here.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

getting rid of member status wouldn't solve things.

the only thing that will tone down the trouble makers is a banning....

but then for the most part, you can sign in with a new name and just start shit again, its like gettin slapped on the wrist till they condemn you..(block your ip) (oh and correct me if im wrong here...)

I think a star system or some sort of restriction system would be worthy, maybe based on how long here, or yeah ratings, but Im a bit confused on how ratings would be given out?

i would agree to the star system if only crew members had a say in the ranking. there are too many people that would fuck around on here.

yeah.

the thing is, we in the crew dont give a shit about 'status'. infact, most people dont care. it's only in this little secular world of chanel zero heiarchy that it becomes an issue. this topic accounts for 75% of our issues for the whole board.

the thing is, we in the crew dont give a shit about 'status'. infact, most people dont care. it's only in this little secular world of chanel zero heiarchy that it becomes an issue. this topic accounts for 75% of our issues for the whole board.

delete your post numbers!!! go back to 0!

i mean, #'s dont matter ...ya know?

;)

well i was thinking of the star system as being something like...

1 star- you can only post replies to already existing topics. you cannot edit or delete any of your posts.

2 stars- post replies to topics edit/delete your posts.

3 stars- post topics/replies and edit/delete posts.

4 stars- everything in the 3 stars catagory as well as being able to rank other members

5 stars- whatever else you can think of.. i guess generally this would just be mod status.

but your post makes me think your star system was more along the lines of...

1 star- not cool.

2 stars- still not too cool.

3 stars- cool, i guess.

4 stars- cool.

5 stars- totally incredibly awesome.

Archived