ASKEW TMD-SUK (NEW ZEALAND)

????

The pitfalls of fame, everyone holds you to their own highest personal standards. I don't think the canvas is horrible but I'm not feeling it as much as other stuff I've seen you do.

Being cool offline and then coming on here to trash you= wack move.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks heaps power source..

In regards to this canvas issue (Really bugging me) here's the canvas so I guess you all can see and judge. Admittedly, now I look back at it, it's not amazing but it's a true reflection of what I was doing at that moment. When I did it I thought it was cool otherwise I definitely wouldn't have sent it!!!

askew_canvas.jpg

I did this comission for Pat The Baker for 100 Euro ($200 NZD) and charged nothig additional for shiping etc. Considering for the canvasses posted above I receive anything from $750 NZD-$1500 NZD (And those are medium sized works) I think I cut the dude a pretty good deal. I also managed to get him a small canvas the same size from Smash at the same time which was pretty cool.

The only thing I am wondering is if there has been some wear and tear on the work from the combination of materials I used. I have only had problems with one other painting I have done but it was painted around the same time (100% humidity in AK city) and I didn't see the problems with the other one til way after I had sent this one to Dublin. I guess I would have expected an email about any problems so we could work it out between us rather than this post with so much hate 2 months after he recieved the work and thanked me for it. Believe me I would never rip someone off that is a fan of my work!

bump

aside from that extension coming off the back of the k- which im sure u threw in to take up space, but it doesnt have the energy and flow of the rest of the peice ---this piece is dope

Yeah agreed.. I'm just trying to bring a few of the thinner bits back to my style again but it's been a while haha..

thanks for the shit canvas askew!!!!!!

it feels good that i saved up for weeks to afford a 130 euro canvas from my

main inspiration and number one influence in graf,

and you fucked me over!!!!!!

thanks for giving me some shit worn canvas that had probably been lying around your house for months!!!!!!!

usually when you ask a writer for a custom canvas they give you what you asked for,

FUCK YOU MAN

FUCK YOU

i hope you get eaten by a fucking crocidile

you ripped me off you prick.

what a dissapointment

im pissing my pants. Shame it wasnt Ebay, you could have given him a bad rating.

This issue is resolved now.. The materials I used didn't stick that well and when the canvas arrived it looked all scatched up and old.. I'm doing a new one for him now... man, finding the right medium for canvas work is hard.. I used posca for outline over spray fill and usually with a good varnish coat it doesn't chip or anything but that's 2 paintings from the same time that got totally messed up.. Lesson learnt I guess!

aside from that extension coming off the back of the k- which im sure u threw in to take up space, but it doesnt have the energy and flow of the rest of the peice ---this piece is dope

its funny..one of the only semi wild style pieces ive liked from askew...i think the extension gives the k a good structure..but all in all your a penis :)

thanks for the shit canvas askew!!!!!!

it feels good that i saved up for weeks to afford a 130 euro canvas from my

main inspiration and number one influence in graf,

and you fucked me over!!!!!!

thanks for giving me some shit worn canvas that had probably been lying around your house for months!!!!!!!

usually when you ask a writer for a custom canvas they give you what you asked for,

FUCK YOU MAN

FUCK YOU

i hope you get eaten by a fucking crocidile

you ripped me off you prick.

what a dissapointment

WomanLaughing.jpg

The revamp the 90's project was a brilliant idea, but from what i saw on rime's site(dont know about askew's) the revamped photos hardly look like the ones painted in the 90's...more like new peices all together. I would have used the same colours and only very slightly and subtly changed the outline.

Yo ASKEW. watsup. Im from cape town . SA. wondering if you can do me a favour. Wana get a tatoo representing my city. " The Mother City" . Can u please write that in a dope handstyle and put it up on this page or email it to me, would be fuckin sick if you could! Thanks. peace

Archived