Tommy Chong Pleads Guilty in Bong Sales

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

they are legal for tobacco purposes....once the word marijuana is associated with them its all over

I'm pretty sure that the basis for the stings was that glass pieces fall under "paraphernalia" instead of "smoking accessory". Thus, making them fair game in the law maker's books.

"water pipe" "bong" what ever the fuck you wanna call it. Have you ever actually met someone who used glass pieces to smoke tobacco? The government knows exactly what these are being used hole. And claiming they are for tobacco use is just a loophole to sell the shit. What they need to do is just claim them as art pieces. They need to start calling them "art galleries" instead of calling it a headshop and then make people sign a waiver or some shit saying the purchase of this piece is not for smoking use.

off the top of my head, and over the years, I've met al LEAST 15 people who used various 'tobacco' pipes for illegal purposes. I mean the corn cob pipes and briar pipes you can find in any cigar store. I'd be interested in the number of traditional 'tobacco' pipes confiscated in drug busts each year.

And Rosenthall... I was actually talking about his case with my father a couple days ago, he characterized the case and the larger medical use question as "the biggest states rights issue since the civil war."

I saw Catherine Crier, former Texas judge, tell some national policy maker or anti-drug propagandist STRAIGHT to his face on Court TV the other day... He was pushing some shit about mandatory sentencing and she told him it wasn't working and was hurting decent people, he said 'no, no, these people are criminals' and she balked. Then he said something like 'well I don't know what you read but...' and he cited some bogus facts. At that point she shut him down. Flat interrupted and told him he was wrong, told him he was "lying" and said she knew one person she considered a friend who was in prison for 15 years for possesion of 'LESS THAN 5 POUNDS OF POT!!!'... then he tried to tell her she was wrong. He looked like a goof. No matter what your stance or position, when a judge or former judge tells you that your story is full of holes and bullshit, I tend to believe the judge.

Also, as long as we're on this subject... I'd like to encourage ALL of you to get involved with the efforts to repeal the Rockefeller laws in New York. If you live in NY, register and VOTE! If not, you can still write a letter supporting the repeal of the draconian laws.

Much more info can be found at DroptheRock.org.

By the way, I'm sure you all realize that this is a 'marginal' thread for us here at 12oz. I'm not sure what Raven thinks about it, so, to avoid it being closed or deleted, please keep your comments as close to the leagal issues as possible.

Please, avoid comments directly endorsing drug use. Nobody cares if you drank bongwater or smoke on the daily, just keep it to yourself.

Rosenthall just got did straight wrong...you feel me though?

How you gonna not allow the fact that the state he grew medical plants in allowed it under a broad statue passed by a citizens majority cause some motherfucker little dick bitches be trynna run federal shit to the state that pulls the most in the union.

Motherfuckers. Thats cause for seccession if you ask me.

Lets see how far you get on pulling union troops to fight union troops in the best state the union.

needless to say shits at war here in several citys allready. dont even think theys not trynna take it broader.

Well, federal law supercedes state law, but I get the impression that the entire country thinks this is just something happening in California and write it off to sprout eating flower children... nobody talks about the fact that NORML has ALWAYS been based in Wisconsin, Maine has relaxed growing laws in some locations, Montana looked the other way for years (but they'll toss you in jail if you bounce ONE check)... Alaska FINALLY folded under federal pressure... there have been quite a few other states that also folded under pressure and threats... The most common threat I've seen has been the Fed's revocation of highway maintenance funding, but it seems to work.

The only political party I see pushing reality and garnering support are the Librtarians. I know other parties have 'pro' stances but I don't see them actually having any actual clout.

well, there's no way a state can do it without the repeal of the federal laws. Therein lies the states rights issue, they don't posess the right to do what they want, they have to listen to the Feds basically... They can't defy the Federal authority. this is why drug policy, while it should be addressed whenever possible on a local level, MUST be reformed on a federal level.

man the whole federal system is not needed though.

fuck that.....the states make money to pay the feds to have the power???

hell nahh. they done fucked up.

shit.............

we got the nukes....the states do.

we got the citizens in the military.

the states do.

we dont need no fucking feds to whore out our country.

fire those motherfuckers.

we got the motherfucking internet. shit.....motherfuckers wanna vote on shit...then vote motherfucker and save your money. stop wasting that shit on the federal shmederal whore bags that being pimping us without no cause.

arh.....

shit makes me angry. stupid motherfuckers get a easy ass job and get paid large and fuck it up like ugly whores.

well, I totally disagree with your views on the Fed... we might as well be our own little countries, then trade breaks down and foreign relations go to shit... next thing you know, we're Africa.

Internet voting? Why do people keep bringing this up? Can't you see the ENORMOUS opportunity for voter fraud? I like the idea that everyone who wants to be involved can shuffle down to their neighborhood community center and put a little mark on paper using a pencil... though I guess touch screens are the wave of the future. I like it that each voting district is in charge of it's own shit. If it wasn't for the MASSIVE idiocy on the part of the Dade county voters, Florida would NEVER have had the opportunity to steal the election. I like the Electoral College idea, though I sometimes think they should DIRECTLY reflect the views of the popular vote, I also understand that mobilization efforts and low voter turn out can skew the popular results.

I don't think we need to scrap the federal system, I think we need tort reform and reasonable drug policy. I don't, however, use the inequities in how I think the system should run to blindly ignore the fact that our centralized federal system has made us the most powerful country in the world. Checks and balances... If there's a real problem with the fed it's that they've got more power than the states, we're upside down, like being 4 years into a 5 year car loan. If ALL for states rights, in fact, it's why I support George Wallace's decision to protest the integration of Alabama schools, however, I do not agree with the reasons he used to back up his position. In later years, he changed his stance on racism, and I truly believe he changed his mind, and he was re-elected to the Ala governership by a majority of black voters because they believed him too. Strom Turmond, however, imho was straight racist to the core, but he's the longest serving state senator EVER! Do you honestly believe that Thurmond would have EVER agreed with Cali on ANYTHING if there wasn't somebody lording over them and demanding that they make a decision?

so little faith so many trillions in debt and you wanna hate on no feds and internet voting.

shit motherfucker......you swear the last election wasnt stolen out your home state.

voterfraud?

naww.....its called H O N O R.

there i spelled it out for you.

what our country lacks and causes all the problems.

Seriously, it was Dade county and that BITCH in Tallyhassle... and, we weren't TRILLIONS in debt when Bill Clinton left office, we were riding a budget surplus for the first time since Regan took office... I think that has more to do with the Rep vs Dem spending policies, and methods of finance.

I agree, Americans as a whole are generally self-serving and rude, but I don't want to tell them how to act. I want them to stop telling ME how to act. Nobody's business if I do...

cops here got mad love for me.

your problem lies with the feds homey. we's amaricans. its all gravy among the states.

motherfucking feds is two bit whores. they need bench time and release on a limited basis if they say smart things first.

there. i used your name s m a r t. spelled it out for you to.

*oh, and I guess I didn't make it clear that Carter nearly balanced our budget and successfully thwarted the gas crunch AND inflation... but Regan bartered with the Iranian's to hold the prisoners until AFTER the election so he could clown Carter on that issue AND win a little victory as he stepped into office. Then Regan tripled the national debt in his first term (raising it to the highest levels ever at that time), then tripled it AGAIN in his second term... What does this have to do with the fed? NOTHING, it's party politics that fucks up our country, not centralized authority.

Originally posted by oldenglish

cops here got mad love for me.

your problem lies with the feds homey. we's amaricans. its all gravy among the states.

motherfucking feds is two bit whores. they need bench time and release on a limited basis if they say smart things first.

there. i used your name s m a r t. spelled it out for you to.

your a funny guy. a little strange, but funny.

leave you estranged.

i aint strange motherfucker......well i guess when you successfully figure out how to revolutionize the mother fucking corrupt country hung over in the shower after drinking 14 months off work that could qaulify as strange.

i aint even trynna be pres. though...feel me on that?

Like Cali and Tejas are all cool about the death penalty... or taxes...

centralized vote? I don't care to vote on issues that either don't affect the nation as a whole or the land where I'm sitting... I don't care what they do in Idaho and I don't want to.

mother fucker your slipping on the logic.

motherfuckers want international action it takes 275 out the 350 pres. of all states to vote yes.

understand the logic on that theory.

oh wait... all of a sudden we're talking foreign relations? because I thought we were discussing domestic policy... like tort reform and reasonable drug policy... Well, if were talking foreing affairs well... my opinion doesn't change.

yeah, but blocks make cities, make counties, make states, make the Union... And who on MY block would speak for us? The Ex-Bailiff that lives next door? The senile old woman who lives net to them? The crazy millionaire guy across the street? The single mother who's beefcake and smack addicted husband went to jail for theft and murder? The child molester around the corner? Certainly not me, I'm busy moderating 12oz...

I live in a straight respectable 'suburb' type community... 1 acre lots and nice houses, though lately mother fuckers are all parking on their own lawns... what the fuck is up with that, the street is nice and wide, everyone has driveways that can accomodate 4 cars and almost everyone has a 2 car garage as well... ANYWAY... all that aside, I can't think of anyone here that I would trust, that's why I start on a larger scale, with a larger pool of candidates...

I mean, I'm pissed that residents of a nearby development have figured out a short cut through my neighborhood so they can skip ONE red light, yet they drive through at 50mph while kids play in the streets... still I gotta figure that shit out on my own or take it to the TOTALLY ineffective city counsil we have here... so, in 2 years I'll vote everyone of those dipshits out of office and hope everyone else does to, but...

Archived