MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Holy. Shit.

I have to hook this guy up with original flicks. Even though they were bad night time shots, it's the least I can do.

That was a fun night in Morrell Park!!! Nationwide representation on one car, you don't see it happening as much anymore.

Necs Con Krude Japan Apart Ono

• 3 weeks later...

that SP Hy-Cu CushCar roof is the accurate HO model roof detail

the BLMA MODELS kit has yet to arrive at my LHS so I'm thinking of making my own

I've recently purchased a couple Carrier Transicold reefer control units for this (that I'm tardy with those pics I promised at GWRXR)

thanks for the image, Load Limit

KO - i think we were discussing the tropi reefers. i believe i was trying to talk you into kitbashing a 90' auto parts carrier into one so i could bite the technique..;) sort of like a weak ass jedi mind trick...lol.

5_GEDC1719.jpg

i think these are slightly different than the 64' reefers and were custom built for tropicana.

the kit bash from a 90' auto parts carrier could be done easily by cutting one of the doors out and mending the remaining part of the car. may also need to cut a little off the ends too. the real challenge would be the frig unit and catwalk at the end. if you want it now and are up for the challenge, this seems like the best way. but if your paitent, you can wait another year for the blma model...

on the topic of roofs, i have been shooting roofs at one of my bench shots just as prototypes. hard to find prototype roof shots online. here go a couple although none of the 90' auto parts joint KO was askin about. if i bench tomorrow, ill keep a lookout for some.

5_GEDC1544.jpg

5_GEDC1546.jpg

5_GEDC1563.jpg

5_GEDC1566.jpg

a project im working on. not an exact replication since the original is a ridgy. i did this piece for my high school sweetheart a long long time ago.... now i just have to hide this car from my wife for the rest of our lives. still need to redo some of the rust.

gail.jpg

ok with all that. I resized Zed's image of the TPIX to HO scale based on the trucks and wheels

TPIX_door-size.jpg

TPIX_car-height.jpg

notice the door is the correct size in width and height

the body height is correct too. The roof and end detail looks different than the prototype though, as well as the carved out swoop shape at each end where the end stirrups are mounted

looks like an old Athearn mech reefer body. shave and sand all the ribs off then extend length with plastic material (probably styrene) on each side of the door, outside of the slide rail detail

all this is easier written than done for sure, but I think is doable

currently trying to finish up a scratch build military model in 1/35 so I'm not putting this one on the bench just yet

here are a couple pictures of the Carrier frig units I scored on sale at the LHS

TPIX_reefer-trailers.jpg

TPIX_reefer-unit-compare.jpg

KO - i think we were discussing the tropi reefers. i believe i was trying to talk you into kitbashing a 90' auto parts carrier into one so i could bite the technique..;) sort of like a weak ass jedi mind trick...lol.

haha ok cool. I probably won't get to this project until Dec or Jan though...

and great idea collecting roof shots, good resource

a project im working on. not an exact replication since the original is a ridgy. i did this piece for my high school sweetheart a long long time ago.... now i just have to hide this car from my wife for the rest of our lives. still need to redo some of the rust.

gail.jpg

this is looking good,

and how much wood could a wood chuck chuck? :)

there was no doubt in my mind this dude would have figured it out...

lol . ...well that's just how I would do it based on what I already have in stock

can you post an image here or in GWRXR, showing the roof and ends detail of this car

and what are the height and width dimensions of one of the doors

also, the height of this car

adorweber.jpg

might be able to build off of this one

lol . ...well that's just how I would do it based on what I already have in stock

can you post an image here or in GWRXR, showing the roof and ends detail of this car

and what are the height and width dimensions of one of the doors

also, the height of this car

might be able to build off of this one

http://gwrxr.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=whatsinyouryard&thread=40

• 2 weeks later...

that reefer conversion looks like it has alot of potential, please keep us updated on it, that was very crafty using that truck, i also have a 86' boxcar and plan on running it on my new layout im working on, i dont think it will be to much worst on turns then those intermobels, anyway heres some fliks of the progress, its been a week and progressing fast, this first shot would look great if i photoshoped in trees where my house is haha

Image1.jpg

thats the only flik i got wit an iphone so enjoy it the rest r from a shitty cell phone, backdrop

Nov23_005.jpg

Nov23_003.jpg

Nov23_009.jpg

back to some train shots,

Nov25_002.jpg

Nov25_003.jpg

Nov25_005.jpg

thats all for now maybe ill get more better shots over the weekend n some wit some graff, till next time hope every1 had a happy turkey day