Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

... put it this way, Jaber has been more helpful in compiling this book than ANY other single writer. Sure he really only put it down from about '96-'01 (and he will be the first to admit that), but the flicks I've posted so far BARELY scratch the surface.

lowballer is high on the holy ghost. remember when Jabs sponsored that "competition" for downtown bombing.. I think you got pretty close to winning if I remember correctly lowballer.

dude hit landmark spots, I don't care what year/years he painted here. Jaber CONTRIBUTED quality graffiti to seattle.

I know he influenced you too lowballer. I know it.

hey ALL i said was that the man was never known for his tags or throw ups, this may not be and issue for some people, heck it takes time and thought to have good tags and throwies/simple letters. i don't clearly recall the competition but anyway most of my shit pre 99 was absolutely hiddeous, you'd be better off looking directly in to the sun. as far as influence jab was an outspoken individual and you guys already know i can appreciate that (like when they clowing all those kuk dude up here) but when it comes to graff it'd be more like flair, lohs, smere, nasir, adek, smog, seed, def, and ern. i know it.

and for the record i'm High on Life, K?

IE was dope and so was Vandal

bump power scribes, bump meanstreak tags on busses, bump Seattle one strokes

you forgot Frame... asshole. I know who influenced you bro, don't worry. I'm surprised you didn't remember the competition.. I like to argue with you though because, hopefully, you know it's all good between you and I.

who was doing dope cursive tags in seattle before Jaber? He had a SIGNATURE handstyle before it was the norm to have a signature handstyle.

self-deprication is hella played out. your shit pre-99 was some classic CDF influenced funk boss. the piece you did with the masks was heater! (although I don't know if that was post-'99)

hey ALL i said was that the man was never known for his tags or throw ups, this may not be and issue for some people, heck it takes time and thought to have good tags and throwies/simple letters. i don't clearly recall the competition but anyway most of my shit pre 99 was absolutely hiddeous, you'd be better off looking directly in to the sun. as far as influence jab was an outspoken individual and you guys already know i can appreciate that (like when they clowing all those kuk dude up here) but when it comes to graff it'd be more like flair, lohs, smere, nasir, adek, smog, seed, def, and ern. i know it.

and for the record i'm High on Life, K?

IE was dope and so was Vandal

bump power scribes, bump meanstreak tags on busses, bump Seattle one strokes

who was doing dope cursive tags in seattle before Jaber? He had a SIGNATURE handstyle before it was the norm to have a signature handstyle.

bizlove (80s-early 90s)had a superior cursive handstyle. his shit used to make me stand for hours to see his every hand stoke (ho homo).. it was almost like aabic calligraphy. not to split hairs.. but that jaber character is so bad it almost negates the decent styles he recently picked up in LA.

it seems that most the kyt dudes you stayed active benefitted from the cities they were laying low in. puzl got better where he was.. jaber in LA, veks.. well that dude just pain gt so dope i think he just handed some style to rain and the others he apints with. no one on kyt is even on his level. dement from kil and veks make a good painting combo.. forget the politics.. dement is a cool dude, and veks is on his own shit, which i gotta respect.

now oze and all them.. i dunno if they are coming utta the woodwork or what. i always expected oze of EF to get better.. but it looks like run is their new blood. it must be a prerequisite to have plenty of cardio for that crew, since beef follows them everywhere.

this excludes the new portland dudes, since they never took part in the KUK-FTL-MSK/KYT-DTC-KIL beef in the bay in 2001. a real trial by fire.

self promo's played out too. also i think by the time jab had his cursive tags out all the art wussies in sf had been doing them for a few years. jab put in a lot of work at a time when not many others were and i respect that.

not all cities developed their own look, like ny, la, philly, the bay an dc. though not to same extent i think at one point seattle's melting pot of graff history had produced its own look to it too. this died out in the mid to late nineties with btm splitting into ncs and 3a roughly and then fizzling out, people getting busted or moving on from graff and the new gen was still a bunch of toys. since then seattle's mean style has been bouncing around the latest trends of graffiti culture with few exceptions.

please come kick it when you come back. it's nice to hear what you have to say. I'll never forget the after-school punishment of "buffing" the tags around the halls... haha. I clearly remember catching sponge tags for hours on end... or how bout those tags on the skylights on the 2nd floor... getting on the roof through the annex.

self promo's played out too. also i think by the time jab had his cursive tags out all the art wussies in sf had been doing them for a few years. jab put in a lot of work at a time when not many others were and i respect that.

not all cities developed their own look, like ny, la, philly, the bay an dc. though not to same extent i think at one point seattle's melting pot of graff history had produced its own look to it too. this died out in the mid to late nineties with btm splitting into ncs and 3a roughly and then fizzling out, people getting busted or moving on from graff and the new gen was still a bunch of toys. since then seattle's mean style has been bouncing around the latest trends of graffiti culture with few exceptions.