boredom,two rolls of film and a city called DETROIT

Guest meone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rip Hamilton
Guest Rip Hamilton

sorry bout the self promotion, im excited cause i just figured this shit out. i only have my stuff scanned right now, ill post some other writers when i get the time...

whats up detriot? i dont know if you all cuaght it or not but there was an article about the crack down on graff in detriot, and they were throwing around names like nothing. from what i got by reading the article they had like 40,000 dollar bonds and felony charges, but there lawer got the charges lessend, they tried to get them to do a debriefing were they would tell all they new about the scene in detriot and about army and gram and turtl for lesser charges but they turned it down. also look out turtle the whole article was talking about how the crack down was focused on findin you. i would put up the link for the article but for the fact that they are givin names ill keep it to myself. anyways i was just lettin you all know whats up the most possible without givin to much info. also this was just what i read and have heard from people so i might be talking out my ass, take what i said into consideration but dont hold your breath on it. later and bump for this thread detriots dope. i tried to take everyone into consideration while typing this and not let to much info out but if this does happend to offend anyone or you think its to much info just let me know and its gone. later

i live in the brew city-right accorss the lake-went to Detroit a couple of weeks ago when the c-pop gallery was going on, soon as you get into Detroit there is turtl shit EVERYWHERE! along with many others like army and screw shit too! that dude screw is mutherfucking NATIONWIDE!- i see his shit everywhere, but Detroit was some tight shit it seems so run down though.

Guest meone

i heard those kids who got busted actually were from wisconsin and when they got busted they had a shit load of paint. anyway gettin past the gossip STORI straight up wreckin shit. i'd like to see more fohr i saw him doin some shit at the la jive FEL show that was out cold, granted it was on paper but it was the shit.

yeah, I went to Detroit to do a show with subteraneous, and some other cats at the same time as the electronic music fest. and got mad flicks of trtl, I gotta find the cam though it was on a disposable, when I get them I'll post em. muthafucker saturated the D, armee too. mad props!!!

I loved the ninja trtl building!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Rip Hamilton

Detroits hotter than hell now, thanks Turtl! always liked the guys stuff but damn...

...but damn what???? Every city that gets heated has to be crushed to death ala phill/nyc befrore anyone really gives a shit (and detroit is small beans comparitively)....don't act like you, the rest of your crew and all the rest of detroits heavy hitters didn't have shit to do with it---turtl is fucking lightweight in comparison.

Guest Rip Hamilton
Originally posted by deTURTL

...but damn what???? Every city that gets heated has to be crushed to death ala phill/nyc befrore anyone really gives a shit (and detroit is small beans comparitively)....don't act like you, the rest of your crew and all the rest of detroits heavy hitters didn't have shit to do with it---turtl is fucking lightweight in comparison.

dude everyone in detroit combined cant hold a candle to your ups, thats a really big compliment. i really like your stuff and always have, but some of the spots that you've hit really piss me off, spots that should never get hit. hitting landmarks, the sidebusting and shit, fuck that knock it off. dont get me wrong, keep doin' what your doin' just please be WAY more selective on the spots you choose.

Guest Rip Hamilton

and i'm not tryin to say that you alone made detroit hot, its just that a turtle is way more distinct than a name. most people cant read graffiti. there gonna remeber a turtle over some names, tags and fill-ins. not tryin to argue and debate on this all day either its just how i feel.

HOT

Yo its hella hot in this mug..Thanks to the all out graffiti onslaught of 2002, everybody and they're momma painted, even that herb Hash! Ahahahaha! Anyways, this heat aint stopped everybody, the most saught after bomber, Mr Turtle is STILL KNOCKIN SHIT. I dunno if hes crazy or stupid. I guess my nuts arent as large as his these days... I gotta respect those ups but, Yo stay safe Turtle. Theyre tryin to send you up for forever, please believe it. :yuck:

Guest Rip Hamilton
Guest meone

interesting shots. The heat doesn't seem to detour you any. mean while i'm a chicken shit and won't go out the house. Nice freeway shot with Coup and Kosek. Been a while since I've seen an Kosek.

Originally posted by Rip Hamilton

dude everyone in detroit combined cant hold a candle to your ups, thats a really big compliment. i really like your stuff and always have, but some of the spots that you've hit really piss me off, spots that should never get hit. hitting landmarks, the sidebusting and shit, fuck that knock it off. dont get me wrong, keep doin' what your doin' just please be WAY more selective on the spots you choose.

sorry brother, but you're letting hype get in the way of reality. justo has far more fills, than turtl has hollows. and im not hating, just being real. i like turtl's shit alot, always have. the filled in ones, with the turtle's wrestling or whatever the fuck they're doing? that shit kills it. i first started noticing them in what, 97? i was always mad i didnt come up with it.

as far as being mad about what he hits? i dont know man, it's graff... fuck it. i used to play politics and morality, now i'm like... if you want the heat, go for it.

note to anyone posting in this thread...

due to the 'climate' in the city right now, and in the interest of not seeing people i know and respect get popped in any small part by retards opening their mouths, i'm gonna be very liberal with my censoring of anything i feel might be even the slightest bit too much info. if i have to edit more than one post by you, you'll be banned.

this is fair warning.

turtl

please send me an email. i would have just hit you on the address you supplied when signing up, but i doubt highly that you check it.

i've got some non-legal (as in, it's got nothing to do with cops or even painting) things i'd like to discuss with you.

thanks holmes...

Guest cabin fever

Damn. I've been sleeping on Detroit. This shit is hot, especially Skrew, Army, Coupe...more more more.

Detroit's definitely got its own flavour

and these spots...some of them are straight ridiculous.

turtl,

got your email....tried to get to you through the other site, but it seems to be down. tried to email you back, but that shti didnt work either. duno if you got another email you wanna hook me up with, but i'll try again later or something...

Archived