JOKERS' ART SHOW

PROPER-GANDA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

how much would it cost me to hang one of those on my wall? (seriously, if the price is right i'd consider it)

joker, if you could answer this i'd be grateful. i'm not looking for something huge (i can't exactly afford to drop a grand on something, but i can afford a couple hundred bucks) but i'd like something small/medium as it would make a nice addition to my apartment. let me know.

joker i cant cant tell you how fucking refreshing your reasoning was behind your price tags dood....

honestly a few more movers like that and maybe art can fall back into the peoples hands.....

ps.

on a philosophical note, the ole art is everything....

"everything cant be art because then theres no figure/ground difference. like how you cant have the good without bad.'

when i came to this same realization of "art is all/all is art" awhile ago it sunk me into heavy depth of abyss, and i had no idea of where to go and what ground to stand on, there didnt seem to be one...i finally figured that there is a "figure/ground difference" ......its me....the individual

oh and mad fucking props to proper gandna and brian fellow...i know it aint like seeing it up close, but hot dam if aint the next best thing....thanks fellas

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

joker, if you could answer this i'd be grateful. i'm not looking for something huge (i can't exactly afford to drop a grand on something, but i can afford a couple hundred bucks) but i'd like something small/medium as it would make a nice addition to my apartment. let me know.

Mr ABC... sorry I didn't address that earlier. If you go to the following link you can view all the art in the show as well as do a little view of the gallery space in Quicktime mode. Also the prices and sizes are listed for every piece shown, minus the snowboard. Keep in mind all the boxes are sold. One of the blue/black pieces is sold and I think one other piece is sold too but I can't remember. Supposedly the two similar yellow ones are sold but I haven't heard if dude really wants them or not.

www.justbedesign.com/main/compound_g.html

And I've worked out a deal with Art Crimes to sell the posters through them when the show is over. So keep an eye out...

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but how are you going to make a value judgement for everyone here? Not nearly as fresh as we make it out to be? Don't speak for me. Analyze it...fine. Decide whether or not you like it...fine. But don't sit there and tell everyone that likes it, that they are wrong. Don't assume your word is the end all of this conversation. And maybe you know him personally and I'm mistaken, but how can you, conceivably a stranger, tell this man and others that he could do much better in whatever medium?

Get off the soap box, cause I don't give a shit. I enjoy the work.

I'm using someone elses login name but want to give credit to a guy who has inspired alot of people. I had the pleasure of showing some of Joker's works in my Gallery in Pittsburgh PA and they were recieved well. Joker has had a huge impact on that city's Graff scene and it's good to see that he is not staying in one place. Alot of people criticized Jimi Hendrix from breaking away from his roots in his latter recordings. but they missed the boat his music wasn't better or worse it just changed as his life experiences did. Look at some of the art that has become priceless masterpeices, it was only relevant for a period of time. If you painted those same paintings today you would probably sell them for wall hangings in a motel change. Big ups Joker hopefully we can show our work together some time It would be my pleasure...

Nobody Beats the PRIZ, Nobody beats the PRIZ

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but how are you going to make a value judgement for everyone here? Not nearly as fresh as we make it out to be? Don't speak for me. Analyze it...fine. Decide whether or not you like it...fine. But don't sit there and tell everyone that likes it, that they are wrong. Don't assume your word is the end all of this conversation. And maybe you know him personally and I'm mistaken, but how can you, conceivably a stranger, tell this man and others that he could do much better in whatever medium?

Get off the soap box, cause I don't give a shit. I enjoy the work.

I'm using someone elses login name but want to give credit to a guy who has inspired alot of people. I had the pleasure of showing some of Joker's works in my Gallery in Pittsburgh PA and they were recieved well. Joker has had a huge impact on that city's Graff scene and it's good to see that he is not staying in one place. Alot of people criticized Jimi Hendrix from breaking away from his roots in his latter recordings. but they missed the boat his music wasn't better or worse it just changed as his life experiences did. Look at some of the art that has become priceless masterpeices, it was only relevant for a period of time. If you painted those same paintings today you would probably sell them for wall hangings in a motel change. Big ups Joker hopefully we can show our work together some time It would be my pleasure...

Nobody Beats the PRIZ, Nobody beats the PRIZ

what is jokers web page?

I look at snot hatch in awe every damn day, thanks for putting that out joker. what is up with this book your doing/ did with daim?

I'm very interested in it. ill check his website, but for now, keep it up man you and your artwork are inspiring. PEACE

beetniker

Daim, Seak, Tasek, Stohead and a few others put together this jam in Germany called Urban Discipline. And every year that they do it they also release a book with interviews and photos about each artist that particiated in the jam. And since I was part of this years, I'm in the book. I think you can find it on Art Crimes but maybe I'm wrong. If not then it's not available in the states yet.

The Snot Hatch book was put out by Giant, not me. I just worked on it with him.

And the web page is www.silenceinshadows.com

There's two pieces up at the show right now that are 3' x 3' each sells for $400. They're called 'Yellow01' and 'Yellow02'. Though like I said, they might be sold already. If you're interested you should call the gallery before Monday... when it all comes down and goes into a vault for however long.

I recently received two links to some websites from a friend. If you like my work, past and present, you should check them out...

She1 interview and new works...

http://www.capsite.net

ZeroTwo personal site...

http://www.fadetogloss.com

Both She1 and ZeroTwo are partners together with David S. in a collective called rockgroup?. And of course, She1 is also in Transcend...

Guest HOST18 DYM

Joker, I am not super familiar with your work but when I first started seeing your stuff in magazines or the net I didn't like your stuff at all. Seeing new stuff that your doing and even looking back on older stuff I can really enjoy it now. I was looking at your stuff very wrong in the past and my complaint with your work was that your letter structure to me was just not good. With "graffiti", letters are the most important thing to me, of course this doesnt mean it has to be most important to everyone. I'm not saying you don't put any effort into your letters, I'm just saying for the most part alot of your pieces do not appeal to me. However your work as a whole is visually fantastic. I really like it and I see alot of people making ignorant comments such as drawing some lines or solid colored rectangles isn's so great. They should try to even copy your shit just to see how easy it's not. basicaly I'm saying big up and keep doing whatever keeps you going. Also what I am most impressed about is your attitude, you seem very humble and positive. Too bad more writers aren't as such. Anyways, Peace from Brooklyn.

I understand why a lot of people don't like my work and I'm fine with it. It's not traditional and there's no real funky flavor to it. It doesn't scream graffiti and it surely doesn't fit neatly into a catagory. I killed myself over straight letters when I first started. Buried myself to learn semi-wilds and wild-styles. And suffered tons of humiliation to try something different beyond all that. It's all been worth it. I know it all just looks like lines and a mess but if you break each letter down it's very readable and still very traditional. I'm still very inspired by T-Kid... and when I look at my pieces I can see it. So much so that I keep waiting for dude to call me out. But I guess most people don't see it.

I do my best to keep a cool head about it all because honestly, they're just opinions. And we're all entitled to them. Some have heart and some are just silly ramblings. I take feedback for what it is. If it's positive, good. If it's negative but has depth, good. If it's some ass trying to 'keep it real'... later for them. They'll fall off eventually and I'll still be here doing my thing. Still trying to progress and keep myself, as well as others on their feet.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Archived