Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty_habiT

SUPERTHREAD :: computer_problems

ok, since this is a superthread i have another question . . .

how can i view the cryllic font on my computer? i want to switch to it, but i'm afraid of getitng my computer stuck that way.

i need to read some russian on here and see how it looks in cryllic.

ok..so my old computer is messed up. i got a refurbished com for free since the technicians didn't know what was wrong with the comp. [thank god my dad bought the extended warranty].

so anyway, in return, they want my messe dup computer.

i'm wondering if it's possible for me to connect my harddrive to somone else's computer and set it up as a secondary. i want to burn and delete a few things before sending it out.

my OS is ME.

should my friend dL anything before connecting my hd to his comp?

www.bootdisk.com ?

Mang: Ok, I'm not real familiar with this kinda stuff, but there is a directory called "windows/fonts". If you place files with the ttf or the fon extension in this folder, they *should* be recognised on your system as fonts, ie. in the MS Word program. There is also an option in your control panel called "regional and language settings". You might dig around in there a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to switch your computer back to English, as long as you can read Russian good enough to get back to where you changed it. Good luck.

Swif: Yes, take your HD out. There should be a jumper (a little plastic thing that fits over two metal poles) somewhere on it. Look either on the circuit board next to the jumper, or on the label of the HD... see where the jumper needs to be placed in order to be in *slave* mode. If you put your HD in slave mode, you should be able to connect it to your friends comp and it'll boot the OS (since his HD should be set to *master* already) on his HD. There should be two places on the motherboard to connect ribbon cables for HD's (and a third smaller one for 3.5 in drives). They are labled IDE0 IDE1 or IDE1 and IDE2. You either wanna be on the second IDE channel, or you wanna be on the ribbon cable (if it's one that has a connector for more than one HD) after the master HD.

it sounds better in russian .

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

ok, since this is a superthread i have another question . . .

how can i view the cryllic font on my computer? i want to switch to it, but i'm afraid of getitng my computer stuck that way.

i need to read some russian on here and see how it looks in cryllic.

i assume yer running windows ?

go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and you can get :

" Russian Menus and Dialogs for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 "

( 1601 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min )

to uninstall the cyrillic fonts : go to add / remove programs . it should be listed in there .

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by --zeSto--

but seriously, dont rack your brains about it, I think that it's a much

nigger fix than something I could fix. I'll need the next server update.

Heh.

Well, I Dirty tried to help me, but no luck... Does anyone have serial numbers for Electric Rain Swift 3D v3.0 for Macs? The usual crack sites (astalavista.com, etc.), didn't help, and Surfer's Serials doesn't have it, since this version is a recent release. Thanks in advance. Beer,

El Mamerro

ISP MAN

I was wondering it was possible to run your own DNS Server on a home comp that's always on. I know it's possible to use your IP address and sort of host off your IP such as http://213.2130.213/index.html etc.

I came across this free program called ISPMan at http://www.download.com but am throughly confused at the crap they got in there.

http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html

from what I understand BIND is the most widely used DNS server.... but, from the sounds of it, you're trying to, instead of accessing your page over the web using an IP, you're wanting to use a domain name. Now that, correct me if I'm wrong, is not possible to do without paying for a domain name. On the other hand, you can use BIND to host a domain name on your internal network. So other computers on your LAN could access one another using canonical names rather than IP addresses.

SCSI hard drives

how hard is it to install a SCSI device ? do you hace to have any extra equipment to install one, if your computer is IDE equipped ?

ok, i just hooked up roadrunner to my new apt. and hooked up the computer ......i bought a splitter to get the free cable, i "heard" that i was supposed to get 70 some channels...but i only get 24 free channels including hbo....its this the right thing???

yes... only basic cable is able to be received by most tv sets.... now I believe if you have a cable box, you may be able to pull some more channels.... now keep in mind, I know this from personal experience, my cable modem was acting up and when the guy came to fix it, the problem was the splitter. See, the tv pulls some of the signal from the line, so it weakened the signal to the point of the cable modem not being able to use it. But that only happened once, and the tv works fine with cable and the internet most all of the time. Even when my cable modem bill doesn't get paid, I still get basic cable... SWEET!

I don't pay for my satellite either, we use hacked access cards and emulators... tteeeeheee.e

thanks dirty, i just am sort of disappointed i dont get the 70 some channels i heard about...i guess it was an over exaggerated idea..

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

my mouse doesn't squeek OR eat cheese.

that's the exact phrase the teacher said when they were learning us how to use em in first grade, i think i remember finding it pretty funny.

stuff i learned while searching www.microsoft.com for information on my computer shutting down by itself:

-you can create a keyboard shortcut to a folder by creating a regular shortcut to it on the desktop, right click>properties, and enter the desired shortcut key combination under summary>shortcut

-remember the clipboard on the macs at school ? i always wondered where it is on xp, you can access it by clicking start>run and typing clpbrd

in other news, i am in the process of learning a "simple" programming language called Euphoria

Originally posted by slave_one

not really a computer problem, but...

how do i know if there is spyware on my machine?

start>control panel>add/delete programs

go and delete anything you didn't download but is there and has the downloaded icon next to it. Except the windows updates.. for some reason people decide those are ok to delete sometimes.

But if your spyware is by N-case you are fucked. to delete the one you downloaded you need to download another program. in order to delete the program you downloaded to delete the original program you need to download another program etc etc.

Guest mikro137

spybot

try this to remove all of your spyware concerns.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

spybot = best program on teh market , and best of all , its essentaily free (they ask for a small donation , but if you dont want to give one , tehy dont care THAT much) be sure to run updates regularly (this ensures you remove ALL spyware) and you should be good to go.

hey dirty , where ya been , hit a nigga up

peas

mikro

help me please.

i was using the computer and i leaned on the keyboard, pressing a shitload of buttons at once..

my webpage (happened to be 12oz) refreshed and when it did, all the typefaces were big..

i redid the settings on the computer and looked all over for ways to change my font size preference (so a lot of type on web pages, such as the box in which i am typing a response to a thread, is the smallest size possible; my hotmail looks mostly normal)

but most type on web pages is huge, like i've got eye problems or something.

i can't figure out how to change it back and it makes my web pages huge which is really annoying..

any ideas???

(i've got aol btw, because i use those free cds.)

^^ try resetting your text size under the view tab at the top of the page to a smaller size.

in this forum, when i click on links sometimes it tells me that i am

trying to download a .php file instead of going to the thread. whats up with that? is that my computer or this site?

anyhelp greatly appreciated...

y

I use AdAware.

It's supposed to be the best for detecting and removing spyware too. It's also what alot of the computing magazines recommend. I like it's performance.

!@#$%-i did that once, i had to my contact my computer manufacturer's technical support people. press ctrl and turn the scroll wheel on your mouse at the same time.

anyone know how to "pirate" an operating system ?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this