- Car Stereo Thread -

-Rage-

I just got my car out of the shop (they were doing work on the car computer) and all of a sudden my stereo doesn't work...

I'm dying without my tape player. I checked all the wires like 5 times and I know nothing is different because I installed it myself, but the thing turns on and the tape is obviously playing, the whole display works, but NO sound comes out of the speaker (and no it's not on mute) ... not even a buzz...

I'm going crazy... could some kind of power surge created by the mechanics have totally destroyed something inside? Help me!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Skull&Bones

Maybe one of you will actually show what you own instead of jacking pictures off the web and claiming to have it all in your "pimp azz ridez"

Originally posted by Skull&Bones

Maybe one of you will actually show what you own instead of jacking pictures off the web and claiming to have it all in your "pimp azz ridez"

Shut it.

Mine is sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Plus you can't see speakers if thier installed numbnuts.

Guest Skull&Bones
Originally posted by -Rage-

Shut it.

Mine is sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Plus you can't see speakers if thier installed numbnuts.

You're just like the other kids on the street that sweat me.

"My shit's at home, you just wait till I get it hooked up"

Blah fucking blah.

And my dear freind, about 3 10W6's and the TV, not to mention the not so small RF and JL amps. I would find it hard to believe it will all be concealed. But yes, I do know that the door speakers will be under the grilles.

Respond to the thread once you get the stuff "off your floor" and into your automobile.

Thank you for playing though.

And my dear freind, about 3 10W6's and the TV, not to mention the not so small RF and JL amps. I would find it hard to believe it will all be concealed

- W0's not W6

- I have no TV (yet, which WILL be hidden in the passenger visor)

- The amps are hidden behind the seat and behind the sub box...

Respond to the thread once you get the stuff "off your floor" and into your automobile.

[/b]

I'll take some digi's right now of the subs, but the rest comes next week.

:)

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by -Rage-

Just get a headunit with Sub AND speaker EQ. My Pioneer has it.

"SFEQ (Sound Focus EQ)

Additional Independent Bass / Treble Control for Front / Rear "

I already have a bass controller that is going to be installed this weekend but I also got a deal on a Kenwood KGC-6042a EQ. Does it matter if both are installed, will they both work together? or should I just use one or the other.

Guest Catch22

Thanks Rage. The Bass control was part of the installation deal they just didn't have the right one so it's going to be installed anyways. Guess I'll have both.

• 5 months later...

bumped again

hey mamerro, i dont know if you got a chance to see the flicks...since all the hoo ha in here happened, let me know and if not ill load em back up when i get home.....

anyone wanna reccomend a new host since apparently nothin i have posted lately from seemesmile.com has been working?!!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yeah dude, I caught em before they got deleted...

It seemed to me like the space in front of the subwoofer would have been more than enough to sound OK if it was left on the floor... but you know better than me since you tried it out yourself... maybe placed in that corner but WITHOUT the table. I'd pick next to the TV, but you mentioned pets who would fuck with it. It doesn't look that bad where it is, I wouldn't bother with an enclosure, that sounds like a huge hassle for nothing really. Dunno what to say, try it out again on the floor and ask yourself if the difference really is that big (seems like the difference in sound is more attributable to the height level it's on rather than its position in the room). Beer,

El Mamerro

weeeerd.

yeah im goin to just put it back on the floor, try out a cd and a dvd, and recompare it to the on top position i think your right about the height maybe being the dif. in sound, not the location... if i back it up enough away from the couch...maybe ill have enough air still and away from a barrier too,

i agree in retrospect it actually doesnt look as bad as i thought before the pics.....ill also try removing the table when i put it down..i didnt even think about that,

one good thing is the aforementioned pets willbe gone in bout 2 months so i can try it next to the tv....that would probably be ideal

......thanks, ill let you know when i figure it out.

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/images/W3_MP.jpg'>

10" JL audio W3

http://a1964.g.akamaitech.net/f/1964/452/24h/www.dealtime.com/art/products/big/20153366_l.gif'>

MB Quart dsc 6.5"

http://12.41.28.254/mbquart/DKD110.jpg'>

MB quart 4"

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_31e8ccb94ec26ecd8fd57127403f46d0/i-1.JPG'>

4200 precision power amp

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_e368a18aeddb053e3085c49cf6ad4953/i-1_B.JPG'>

2 channel precision power

.http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/500/l500CHMS630.jpeg'>

alpine 6disk changer

http://www.wallybecker.com/All%20Mercedes/96%20mercedes%20inside2.jpg'> but black.

i've had two stereo systems and one car stolen, i stopped getting flashy things for my cars..

i'm getting the sub mounted in the back deck where the stock mercedes subs are currently. so that everything remains stock looking. that is my goal, nice sound - stock look. no more rims, no more flashy for me

as for car stereos.

nice.../

i bought two 12s for my car like two years ago, i liked to really be able to hear my music...but i wasnt the kid bumping nelly down main street...i dont know lately i dont even use it that often and everything is assing out and i dont have the money to fix and or replace anything....if i did replace everything it would be the interior speakers.

cause their shitty.

i just got a pionneer deck, and some pionneer 6x0's and they work great.

but stereos are fuck all , just get a bunch of mates together and sing in the car. :ballcap:

i could never get myself to spend that much money on a car stereo. plus i think all that bass sounds quite shit anyway.

ive found alot of stereo stuff around town, but always sold it.

i have a sony deck, and 2 6.5inch speaks in the old truckeroo. all sony i imagine.

i really dont want anything more. besides when i buy my audi, itll have all the system i need.

Archived