Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATTENTION: If anyone wants any of the NYBCO clear cans pictured on page 42, let me know. I have way too many and really don't want any other than one of each brand. Basically if you send me $$$ for shipping, I'll send you whatever you want for free. If not, it's all going into the trash or on craigslist. PM me if you're interested. I'm not looking to take money and run and I have an ebay/PayPal acct. if you want any type of secure payment method. Otherwise you can just send me a money order and I'll get you however many you want for FREE. No scams here, just looking to get cans in the hands of people who want them or need them to complete their collection. Peace.

Yeah nothing that crazy, but it is something rare. 6o rusto car color is not something you see everyday, I think that is one of the first times I ever seen that. And for those that don't know tree marking paint is really nice. Not sure of the durability of it on steel, but marks wet surfaces, and holds up well on concrete. Good stuff, never used the krylon marking paint but have used other brands.

Yeah nothing that crazy, but it is something rare. 6o rusto car color is not something you see everyday, I think that is one of the first times I ever seen that. And for those that don't know tree marking paint is really nice. Not sure of the durability of it on steel, but marks wet surfaces, and holds up well on concrete. Good stuff, never used the krylon marking paint but have used other brands.

that tree marking paint fades to almond after a year. seems i have dozens of orange & almond blends floating around now.:(

Never seen those deshler cans, pretty nice, like wet looks and wet paints. Funny thing...last night get a lil bored so I decide since that bright green was full I would use a lil to just spray up a cap for display putposes. I put a clean cap on it and go to spray, but it hesitates to spray. Pull cap off, and I guess the gasket let loose, and basically can expodes on me. Paint shoots out, onto ceiling, into my face and all over the place. Some spray got on the front, and a whole shit load dripped down the back. Just my luck, but in the process I managed to get enough on the cap. Oh well....

I had a depressing night along those lines the other night, tried to get two '86 lemon yellow Rustos going. One stayed mute despite the hammer treatment, the other one sprang a slow valve leak (where you can stop it for a while by putting the cover back on, but 5 minutes later the cover pops 6 feet in the air).

Archived