What Book Are You Reading?

Guest Canadiano

Why just AIDS? Why not people with a history of violence - so women can "look" before going out with a violent man?

Whether or not you agree with my views of civil liberties/rights, that fact remains that only an IDIOT would simply trust the info given by another regarding their HIV status, be it spoken or tattooed on their flesh..................................

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by bodice_ripper

Why just AIDS? Why not people with a history of violence - so women can "look" before going out with a violent man?

that's a good idea, actually. I only wish I had the stats for how many murdered women there were at the hands of violent men, in Toronto, even. Tons, for sure. The police do NOThiNG to protect battered women at all. It takes so much to get a fucking restraining order, and then that is reduced to a worthless piece of paper. It's all bullshit. Still, the last big case that happened here between a divorced couple and their child, it ended up that the woman was shot in the head, and the man killed himself, I believe, as well. Zesto may know which one I'm talking about. Anyway, that guy, I think, wasn't sooo in the wrong. He had a point in the note he left. That bitch was cheating on him large while they were married, and yet she claimed that hardworking guy to be an unfit father. They're both wrong, but the fact is, that woman was an unfit whore.

::back to the books::

Guest mikro137

i just finished "Taking the Train" by joe austin...

let me tell you... fine book , not the typical period piece on NYC graf , its an eyeopener to the stuff you (or at least me) missed when it was happinin forreal , both sides of the coin , balanced nicely written. good read.

Last two books I read were:

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Portrait of the artist as a young man by James Joyce

and now I'm sort of reading Dubliners by James Joyce even though I haven't picked it up in two weeks. I need some new non-ficition first.

Days of War, Nights of Love by the Crimethinc Collectice

The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck

Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky

Fast Food Nation is a great book. One of those "everyone should read this book" books

Guest imported_Tesseract

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by avils

yo man... just curious, but have you (or anyone else who reads alot) ever come across a movie that was better than it's literary counterpart ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To add to the list:

The Beach.

Awesome book, terrible movie

and on the other hand,

Heart of Darkness by j.Konrad is one the best books ever written

and 'Apocalypse Now' by F.Coppola based on that book is one of the best movies ever...

Moral of the story, talented people create masterpieces, untalented dont

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Tesseract

quote:

Originally posted by avils

yo man... just curious, but have you (or anyone else who reads alot) ever come across a movie that was better than it's literary counterpart ?

To add to the list:

The Beach.

Awesome book, terrible movie

No no no, you missed it... the list is movies that are BETTER than the book... you got it straight with the "on the other hand" though... beer,

El Mamerro

• 8 months later...

Archived