TAGBANGERS

Grafn4Fame

My dead partner item 213 RIP was one of the first heads killed in the whole tagbanging scene.He was actually carved uo on his birthday outside my cousins house witha broken 40 bottle b y some cholos from lomas ,fuck I dont even remember when, 91 or so. Then came 213/310 beef and a few months around when ever was killed shit was in full swing.now its nationwide.If you guys are interested the history of that shit(and party crews,etc) are on fox 11 by chris blatchford,Im sure theres an internet archive to check it out.That moron blatchford still makes a living of exploiting what the the trends the ghetto kids in LA are into. Ive been in SouthCentral alleys a lot lately and thers a a few talented artistic gangsters,i see their styles and old english shit a lot.It makes me sad to know their talent will be wasted.Another tattoo artist in the pen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YO U.S.A

Being an english writer and spent much time in the US i would like to say that gangbanging is a load of shit! Cowardly behaviour. If ya wanna be a man then deal with shit on ya own, dont involve ya whole fuckin family. How the fuck is ya grandma gonna getaway from an UZI in a lexus driveby! So take it from me, get ya paint stocked up and bomb or produce a nice piece or production but dont kill ya brothers!

3D-Culprit

THIS MAY BE DIRECTED TOWARDS THE OLDER CROWD, BUT DOES ANYONE REMEMBER AT THE HEIGHT OF THE "TAGBANGING" CRAZE HOW A FEW TV NEWS PROGRAM DID HUGE STORIES ON THIS TOPIC. THERE WAS THIS ONE SHOW CALLED "FRONT PAGE" THAT DID A STORY ON IT. THEY WENT TO PORTLAND AND INTERVIEWED THESE GUYS FROM A CREW CALLED "AF." THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME SOME STYLE. A FEW YEARS LATER AMERICAS MOST WANTED DID A STORY ON IT TOO. THEY SHOWED SCORES OF PEOPLE HITTING UP BUSSES WHILE THEY WERE AT STOPLIGHTS. THEY WERE ACTUALLY SOME GOOD STORIES.

I got that on tape from a partner of mine.It also had some other shit with the Hex/Slick battle and the Fx and Cope video on 1 tape.Its the only graff video igot and I watch it 24/7.Those clowns were fucken morons,they had to take their asses to oregon cuz theyd of got smoked down here.Does that video show some vato spraying a Kamsters block letter wall with a fireextinguisher and then getting shot at,that was pretty funny.Tagbangin is stupid, but it is entertaining

Originally posted by Esai

I got that on tape from a partner of mine.It also had some other shit with the Hex/Slick battle and the Fx and Cope video on 1 tape.Its the only graff video igot and I watch it 24/7.Those clowns were fucken morons,they had to take their asses to oregon cuz theyd of got smoked down here.Does that video show some vato spraying a Kamsters block letter wall with a fireextinguisher and then getting shot at,that was pretty funny.Tagbangin is stupid, but it is entertaining

YEAH, THERE WERE TWO SEPERATE STORIES. THE FIRST ONE IN L.A. AND THE OTHER IN PHOENIX, PORTLAND, AND NEW YORK. THE ONE IN L.A. HAD THE GUY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT WITH THE EXTINGUISHER CROSSING OUT "KMIII." THOSE "AF" GUYS WERE REPPING SURENO/TORTILLA FLATS AS WELL (THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME NICE HANDSTYLES). WHEN IT GOT TO NEW YORK IT TALKED ABOUT SOME GUY WRITTING "PHYN" WHO TRIED TO CATCH A THROW ON A MOVING TRAIN AND ENDED UP DYING. THE HIGHLIGHT SHOWED YES1 I BELIEVE HITTING A SUBWAY CAR.

Guest duh-rye-won

Re: TAGBANGERS GET BITCHES

Originally posted by toyeraser

why you all hating on tagbangers? is it because you got your ass stomped out by someone who's down for their shit when you're not. i cap toys like you for fun and i have 5 guns and if i catch you at any of my spots i'll crack your fuckin skull with my car club. y'all a bunch of pussy ass faggots that ain't gonna do shit. i paint more graffiti than all of you combined. fuck you. :heated:

i have six guns, so there.

Guest professor poopatronic

Re: ?????????????????????

Originally posted by Grafn4Fame

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL THAT "BULLDOG....XIV"OR "SUR....X3" SHIT. I'M TALKING ABOUT HEADS WHO ONLY HAVE HANDSTYLES AND SOME PRETTY GOOD CAN CONTROL. THEY NEVER TRY TO PROGRESS IN THE ART OF TRUE GRAFFITI. THEY LIKE STARTING BEEF JUST LIKE THEY WERE A GANG...........SO SORRY IF YOU GOT CONFUSED

wait a sec so you're saying that tagging isn't "true graffiti"? that's funny because i've always thought that tagging and bombing were the realest aspect of graf without question. so you're not a real writer unless you paint some bullshit legal wall with some trashy looking wildstyle bullshit pieces and some crappy characters smoking joints? i'd much rather see some "tagbangers" with good hands than more of that crap. oh and by the way beef has been a part of graffiti (and human nature) since day one.

Yeah man... that guy was a lame shit. He was crossing Sentinal and Kamsters. I dont know how he didnt get killed. Anyhow, if you get a chance to watch that video of Front "Page Part 2". Watch the scene in Arizona where these guys are all hammered trying to drop knowledge. The first episode wasnt too bad either. It was mainly a re-wrap of all the fox 11 episodes. Dare Devil tagging was the best one.

57473 5712337 70405

YEAH, THERE WERE TWO SEPERATE STORIES. THE FIRST ONE IN L.A. AND THE OTHER IN PHOENIX, PORTLAND, AND NEW YORK. THE ONE IN L.A. HAD THE GUY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT WITH THE EXTINGUISHER CROSSING OUT "KMIII." THOSE "AF" GUYS WERE REPPING SURENO/TORTILLA FLATS AS WELL (THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME NICE HANDSTYLES). WHEN IT GOT TO NEW YORK IT TALKED ABOUT SOME GUY WRITTING "PHYN" WHO TRIED TO CATCH A THROW ON A MOVING TRAIN AND ENDED UP DYING. THE HIGHLIGHT SHOWED YES1 I BELIEVE HITTING A SUBWAY CAR. [/b]

Guest SPFlatty

it would be nice and dandy if we all painted out of love, but it's not the case. i dont agree with tagbaging, but when you step foot in the yard or the streets, the battle begins. some cats let power and longevity get to their heads and feel threatened by younger cats, and want to show them their dominance. its all part of the game and we've all got to deal with it.

I think alot of it has to do with finding an identity and forming an ego completely from graffitti.When I was a kid i knew a lot of guys who were into some gangster shit, and graffitti was their haven away from that lifestyle. Nowadays it seems like fools constantly try tie the 2 in together.Although i also feel gangs were an integral part of graffitti(in LA)so in some respectssome of graffitti's essence is violent,but then again what do i know

Originally posted by tassie toy

The majority of writers in my town are tagbangers. The type that have nice hand syles and get up heaps but never peice or even do throws. I guess they're just in it for fame, which is pretty gay.

this is what i'm talkimg about.........

I can thats its hard to drop the cholo lifestyle. Many people can resort to other mediums in exchange for the 13. Although, that thugness doesnt not leave you. It's a learned behavior. Many lose this mentality with age or culture shock. I mean 1/4 of the guys I ride with are ex-gangsters. And the alot of big name crews in LA either have active members who are both gangsters and writers. So it all goes hand in hand. I see it first hand everyday of my life and its a hard lifestyle to walk away from...

Doin dirt is fucken addictive, just like graffitti.Plus when you grow up in crap you perpetuateit. Its funny to see some straight up killer at mervyns shopping for underwear with his chick and kids pushin a stroller with a tucked in t shirt and creased up khakis.Me and my girl always laugh at how comical gangsters look when theyre out of their element.Ive seen some of the sickest fights at ChuckE cheese, the one in pico dont allow knives to cut cake for birthday parties

• 5 years later...
WHO THE FUCK STARTED THIS WHOLE "TAGBANGER" THING. THIS IS PRETTY FUCKING RIDICULOUS. WHERE I LIVE THATS ALL THERE IS EXCEPT FOR "GTL(GETTN' THROUGH LIFE)." IF YOU READ THIS AND YOUR A PERSON WHO CALLS THEMSELF A WRITER AND YOU CARRY A GUN AND LIKE TO START BEEF THEN YOUR A "TAGBANGER":mad:

I started off doing graffiti for a gang back in the early 90's we used to cross out all the lame "taggers" handstyles...And if you didn't like it we could kick your ass and take your shit. Looking back we were huge assholes, but at least it got me into graffiti....And to this day I prefer a good gangsta handstyle to a pretty ass art school montana piece.

But that's just me, I never shot anybody though...guess I wasn't hard enough for that. :lol:

Archived