The Cope2 thread

Rikimaru

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry ppl i dont feel COPE 2 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!,in 98 he was on fire but since then he's moved backwards n ya know this,u cant just live off fame!!!u gotta move wit the times ..............actualy BRONX graff has gonn down hill since FX CREW has broken up(from wot i know)i wish them niggas wld get back 2gether!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by SE4_2002@Jul 23 2002, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by 2muchtime

COPE 2.............. Dare I say that there was a time that I didn’t like Cope (its true not every one loves cope). He always got respect for being up a lot, the fillins the tags, the pieces. But all too often there is an emphases on Quantity and not QUALITY in graffiti. As it relates to cope I was just sick of seeing the same 2-3 outlines rotated over and over and over again. There are plenty of writers out there that do their same tag name but show skills making new connections, and new letter shapes and form. Cope just wasn’t doing it. His letters weren’t even that great. The same Basic C with the arrow connection off the top, the triangle O etc. etc. this is common to many graff writers out but the amount of coverage cope gets its like enough already. However I must say Copes more recent work is better. More innovative. I THINK he may be coming out to the wall with a sketch, who knows? Cope has always had a great sense of color. Worth mentioning but I only comment on letters… all to often writes have great colors but got no style and for some strange reason that passes off as “good graff”

Your being a bit pedantic about it mate. I do see whatr your saying, but he`s done more than we`ll ever do..Safe..

More than YOU'LL ever do...

• 2 months later...

one of the first writers i saw really crush transit, the CC's to be exact. regardless of the interviews and all the hoopla and hateration. this dude gets eternial props from me because i remember when he had streets and trains on lock. all the glory he has he deserves.

hats off to a true legend.

Archived