Australian rules football player banned for 10 matches for biting an opponent's balls

Poop Man Bob

http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type...&StoryID=905348

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Former Sydney Swans Australian Rules player Peter Filandia was suspended for 10 matches on Wednesday after pleading guilty to biting an opponent's testicles during a game last week.

Filandia, 31, was playing for Port Melbourne against Springvale in the Australian Football League's feeder competition, the Victorian Football League (VFL).

St. Kilda AFL player Chad Davis, playing for Springvale, suffered a perforated scrotum and lost a small amount of blood, a club doctor told the VFL tribunal in Melbourne. He also needed a tetanus injection.

Filandia told the tribunal he could not breathe when he became entangled with Davis and bit him as a reflex action.

However, Filandia did not know which part of his opponent's body he had bitten, he said.

"It was a split-second decision," Filandia told reporters after the hearing.

Tribunal chairman Eddie Power ordered Filandia to undergo player counseling before resuming playing.

In a similar case last year, former rugby league international John Hopoate was banned by the Australian National Rugby League for 12 weeks after poking a finger up the backside of an opponent.

Hopoate was sacked by his club Wests-Tigers but joined rival club Northern Eagles in June 2001.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

why bite someones balls?thats pretty disturbing..i knew those pat on the butts would lead to other things.....

:heated:

• 3 weeks later...

just reading this title made me laugh and than keel over and grab my own balls thinking more about it. that shit is crazy some sports like that seem too homo erotic. i always here about people at my school that play sports like that and always have stories about how gay their teammates act and are.

Guest ceas902

I hate stories like that... they hurt my stomach... I know a guy that cheated on his girlfriend, so his girlfriend kicked him in the nuts so hard he had to get them sergicly removed from his stomach.... I would have shot the bitch dead.......

Originally posted by ceas902

I I know a guy that cheated on his girlfriend, so his girlfriend kicked him in the nuts so hard he had to get them sergicly removed from his stomach.... I would have shot the bitch dead.......

ooh shit....i really hope your joking. its not even fun to think about that. i dont think girls really know how much that hurts

if that happened in boxing they'd ban him for life. you don't bite people, that's just dirty. what a weak excuse too, he was getting suffocated, come on, that's bullshit, you don't fucking suffocate in thirty seconds. and how many other people got bitten in the ass or the big toe or wherever before this happened, i mean it's the last place i'd expect to be bitten, this must be some kind of common practise amongst these people.

^ just playing, i love all sports equally for the fact that they might be someone else's hockey.

Guest amorphic
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type...&StoryID=905348

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Former Sydney Swans Australian Rules player Peter Filandia was suspended for 10 matches on Wednesday after pleading guilty to biting an opponent's testicles during a game last week.

Filandia, 31, was playing for Port Melbourne against Springvale in the Australian Football League's feeder competition, the Victorian Football League (VFL).

St. Kilda AFL player Chad Davis, playing for Springvale, suffered a perforated scrotum and lost a small amount of blood, a club doctor told the VFL tribunal in Melbourne. He also needed a tetanus injection.

Filandia told the tribunal he could not breathe when he became entangled with Davis and bit him as a reflex action.

However, Filandia did not know which part of his opponent's body he had bitten, he said.

"It was a split-second decision," Filandia told reporters after the hearing.

Tribunal chairman Eddie Power ordered Filandia to undergo player counseling before resuming playing.

In a similar case last year, former rugby league international John Hopoate was banned by the Australian National Rugby League for 12 weeks after poking a finger up the backside of an opponent.

Hopoate was sacked by his club Wests-Tigers but joined rival club Northern Eagles in June 2001.

wow..........thats pretty fuckin hardcore :D

Archived