style cliches

Max Powers

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DavidSilver

So you're going to let a bunch of internet yahoo's on 12oz judge a battle?

God, cant you people do anything all the way in REAL LIFE?

Fucking a.

who else is gonna judge it buddy? cool ya jets...

teaser

fuck, ghost is really really good.

i think the more interesting thing to ponder is why this style has come back.

i think kids just didnt like the direction graff was going, so they had to backtrack. Fans of this should find ways to freak it in new, innovative ways, that's what it's about. dun.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Merdle

Look at all the shit just posted and say that.. I May be wrong but that stuff is all by painted by nyc writers who originated that style. Last I checked nyc was in the states....not europe.......... ;)

Indeed NY is in the USA and I'm not knocking that style, but Euro graf styles are closer to NY styles than, say, the LA styles as Europe was directly influenced by Subway Art and Style Wars (which means they were influenced by NY styles). So what I said still stands; That style seems more like a contemporary European style, than a contempory US style (very broadly speaking), as most US styles (again broadly speaking) seem to fall into that West Coast/LA style or are bites of Ces and FX.

this shit is stale.

um, you know what? forget this shit. enough talking. just keep your mouth shut. quit acting like your pieces are hard; a lot of us have seen your shit. and, tease, if youre going to post a flick, at least put on some decent pants (old school members know what's up).

Guest drip one

yeah. i like when the originators of that style pull it off cause its theirs. but nowadays lots of people have bitten that shit and use it all the time. people that used to burn. and if you argue this then you probably ride the wagon yourself.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by crazeeb0b

Indeed NY is in the USA and I'm not knocking that style, but Euro graf styles are closer to NY styles than, say, the LA styles as Europe was directly influenced by Subway Art and Style Wars (which means they were influenced by NY styles). So what I said still stands; That style seems more like a contemporary European style, than a contempory US style (very broadly speaking), as most US styles (again broadly speaking) seem to fall into that West Coast/LA style or are bites of Ces and FX.

wrongarooni

Guest Merdle

I guess yer right then....Very Broadly speaking of course. But thats an American style regardless of weather europe got influenced by it or not. It started in new york. And just as many kids bite aok as msk or fx, theres a difference between whats out there and what u see on 12 oz....I would never look at that stly as a euro stlye simply because it was pioneered in new york, its their style, Europe just got influenced by it...nyc style, not europe style, don't fool yerself/

Like I said before....James Kelch was KING OF EMB for the longest...ollied the stage like a curb...

and when GONZ did the gonz gap..off the heezy fo'sheezy..

Wing ding with pop shuvits waist high...Jovante smoother than melted butter... ya shoulda been there..

oh yeah..bump for GHOST.......his style is really really dope...

I always liked watching the RIS part in Video Graff...

and when the time comes...bump some LED ZEPPELIN....

no quarter is a really great track.

....and like frank black said in KING OF NEW YORK...."fuck tha joint"

everyone should stop worrying about who's biting who... i'm sure half of you kids think euro graff is wack, but at the same time don't realize how much it rubs off on a2m's style.. maybe i'm stupid, but i see it a lot. its such a big style now, its beyond biting 1 or 2 people. get over it.

WELL ALL I GOT 2 SAY IS THIS....U GUYS SHOULD PAINT AT YOUR SPOTS THEN POST IT ON UP......I DONT THINK SECRET WOULD LET SOME1 HELP HER OUT BUT HAY I DONT KNOW HER...THATS JUST WHAT I THINK BUT THEN AGAIN WHO IS 2 SAY THAT U TEASER WILL NOT GET HELP FROM ANY1?BECAUSE U R A MAN U DONT NEED HELP & SHE IS A GRIL SO SHE CANT HANG....I SAY FUCK TAHT SHIT I KNOW HELLA GIRLS THAT CAN HANG & PAINT LIKE LOKES....THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS THEN AGAIN WHAT DO I KNOW?IM JUST A LITTLE SPIK IF IT ISN'T ABOUT BEIN A ASSHOLE,SK8IN, OR PAINTIN IM JUST LOST.....:D .

"DONT PULL THE THANG OUT IN LESS U PLAN 2 BANG..........-OUTKAST"

Re: this shit is stale.

Originally posted by blood & guts

um, you know what? forget this shit. enough talking. just keep your mouth shut. quit acting like your pieces are hard; a lot of us have seen your shit. and, tease, if youre going to post a flick, at least put on some decent pants (old school members know what's up).

once again, you came with tha personal attacks. it doesnt fade me...

you say you seen my shit, im not sure if you saw that last piece at 'tha spot' but you know as well as I do that, that shit was pretty tight for 'some kid who dont paint but once a month' according to you. and unless your gonna be a bitch about it, and say it wasnt cleaner than anything you've ever tried to piece... dont even talk.

cuz you know im right. if you wanna win something, atleast say some shit you'll win at. cuz LIKE YOU SAID, people KNOW. they've seen your shit to, and they know its wack, ask your 'friends'. dont even front like you aint said your shit is wack, cuz you know you have... you told me that before, and you told others. so shut tha fuck up.

and im not acting like my 'PIECES ARE HARD' i said mine are better than any kinda PIECE you could do, and thats true... and you know it. dont be mad, and try to do some gay pussy shit, and talk about my pants.. ya fucking nerd.

i hope your plane crashes on tha way to LA you stupid fuck... ill do a RIP piece for you skank ass at 'tha spot'

IBMUTHAFUCKINTEASE<~

i assume there is some internet beef in dis shit son...its funny i scroll past all three pages of horse shit and see some dope ass ghost and the same 4 names...so im sayin is it on 12oz style kid....fucking lame...

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

Well ok now ouija is shifting styles. i hope its a one time thing.

I just got bored one day and snapped a flick. I had fun painting it. I have no hate for you, bro. I don't know what your personal beef is with me, but I actually do like your stuff a lot.

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

oh my god like this guy got mad at me on the internet and I was like oh my god so I got like so mad back at him on the internet and he was like oh no she didnt and I was like oh my god like I am so much better than him for sure and he was like oh no you are not and I was like oh my god

yea, what he said...

:D

Originally posted by HAL

I just got bored one day and snapped a flick. I had fun painting it. I have no hate for you, bro. I don't know what your personal beef is with me, but I actually do like your stuff a lot.

hey man, would you please hit me up on AIM sometime? just for a quick chat...

aim - ibteaser...

tease

Originally posted by eiziv

i remember ouija saying on another thread this

"We're all biting something. I just don't change with the current fad."

wait what?

oh, maybe he was getting back at me for doing his style, i dunno

I still don't, and I understand your personal beef with me even less than 16V. You think I'm gonna be happy about you clowning me? If either one of you want to hit me with an email to discuss this "beef"..... ouija12oz@hotmail.com I don't expect you to waste your time, but I always hate having enemies that don't even know me.

Guest professor poopatronic

ok, to get back to the subject, here's how i see it:

as a few intelligent people have already pointed out, there will always be biters and there will always be trends. and i can't possibly think of a better trend than this one. sure, there's alot of people doing unoriginal uninspired pieces with this style, but if they weren't doing it with ris/aok style they'd just be doing it with ces or revok style or whatever the hell they're into (again, this has already been stated). and personally i'd much rather see unoriginal funk letters than unoriginal messes of arrows and spikes or whatever. the way i see it, this is an old style and eventually people are going to want to push it further (grey comes to mind) and something completely new and original will come of this trend. and it will have the best foundation you could hope for- funky ass letters. i don't see anything wrong with that.

Guest HOST18 DYM

Blahzayblah

I find it funny how people really do get a nutt off by hearing/reading/speaking/spreading gossip and beef. Has graffiti truly come to this? Then again this is'nt graffiti.

Stop jerking off and go paint.

Brooklyn.

Guest Merdle

Which bit is wrong?

yer wrong becuase you're speaking in too general of terms... From my observation, after living in the states(both coasts) is that just as many kids rock aok influenced letters as west coast influenced letters.. thats were yer wrong. Its an american stlye because it was pioneered in the states! The rest of the states got influenced by it just as much as europe, trust me....

Originally posted by HAL

I still don't, and I understand your personal beef with me even less than 16V. You think I'm gonna be happy about you clowning me? If either one of you want to hit me with an email to discuss this "beef"..... ouija12oz@hotmail.com I don't expect you to waste your time, but I always hate having enemies that don't even know me.

I dont have beef with you if thats what you mean, i was being a little on the cheeky side with my comment. really i would roll with the punches though cause there is no denying you are a student of joker. all i was saying is that i hope you adhere to joker as your source material and pregress with that instead of joining my academy.

i dont think the thing you did really looks like my stuff, i am not nearly as rigid with the vertical/horizontal thing as that piece was. the add on's were similar and maybe the texture, but not the bars.

if you are the one who wants to beef about what i said i think you should reconsider because my agenda is a lot different that yours.

someone needs to close this

aederone

Rookie

stop bitching,..... battle, ......post flics. ...... how hard is that.!?

03-05-2002 03:26 AM

Secret

Well, I know you only paint once a month, Tease... so I'll give you THREE WEEKS for you to paint your piece. I believe that's more than fair. No excuses. Good luck.

For someone that talks a lot about graffiti, you sure have nothing to show for it...

03-05-2002 03:42 AM

cmeup

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by aederone

stop bitching,..... battle, ......post flics. ...... how hard is that.!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all in good time playa.... i gotta say what im thinking... not bitching, more like letting um' know...

holla.

tease

03-05-2002 03:47 AM

cmeup

quote:

Originally posted by Secret

Well, I know you only paint once a month, Tease... so I'll give you THREE WEEKS for you to paint your piece. I believe that's more than fair. No excuses. Good luck.

For someone that talks a lot about graffiti, you sure have nothing to show for it...

secret. we shall do this battle thing... at 'tha spot' just let me know when your coming into town, you said something about april. ill be there. and we shall piece and see who is better.

give me three weeks? shit, you should be asking me NOT to paint til then, hoping i dont get better before you get here. no more shit talking, we are better than that, and i think your good peoples, just kinda silly in tha head. we'll let our work do the talking...

tease

03-05-2002 03:54 AM

Secret

No no... I don't want to wait till April. You go to your spot and I'll go to mine, and we'll post the flicks.... battle 12oz style, haha.

03-05-2002 04:07 AM

Can you sign my book???

Seeing those RIS cleans,(and pre- cleans) makes me able to forgive all this chatter...Its funny because I just watched Jay and Silent Bob strike Back, you guys ever see it?One of Kevin Smiths best...It has to do with this thread, for real though...

"Ni!!as givin their screwface for the loot in the suitcase..."

03-05-2002 04:19 AM

cmeup

quote:

No no... I don't want to wait till April. You go to your spot and I'll go to mine, and we'll post the flicks.... battle 12oz style, haha.

so you can let someone help you with your shit? shiiiiiiiiiit, i think not...

see ya in april

teaser

03-05-2002 04:46 AM

Secret

I don't think anyone's EVER helped me with my shit, even though they should at times... anyone I've ever painted with knows that telling me what to do equals my shoe in their ass. I'll be painting alone.

Since my boyfriend should be coming here, I don't think I'll be going to Texas. I know you're dissapointed about not being able to watch my fine ass paint and all, haha. (Being extremely sarcastic)...

03-05-2002 05:22 AM

cmeup

quote:

I don't think anyone's EVER helped me with my shit, even though they should at times... anyone I've ever painted with knows that telling me what to do equals my shoe in their ass. I'll be painting alone.

Since my boyfriend should be coming here, I don't think I'll be going to Texas. I know you're dissapointed about not being able to watch my fine ass paint and all, haha. (Being extremely sarcastic)...

how dissapointing... get at me on aim if you will... i'd like to talk to you real quick...

tease

aim - ibteaser

03-05-2002 05:37 AM

DavidSilver

Rookie

Fucking a.

03-05-2002 05:51 AM

ETiPS

Rookie

no need for the sarcasm

i wish i could watch your extremely fine ass paint

03-05-2002 06:03 AM

cmeup

quote:

Originally posted by DavidSilver

Fucking a.

who else is gonna judge it buddy? cool ya jets...

teaser

03-05-2002 07:11 AM

Vanity

fuck, ghost is really really good.

i think the more interesting thing to ponder is why this style has come back.

i think kids just didnt like the direction graff was going, so they had to backtrack. Fans of this should find ways to freak it in new, innovative ways, that's what it's about. dun.

03-05-2002 08:51 AM

crazeeb0b

quote:

Originally posted by Merdle

Look at all the shit just posted and say that.. I May be wrong but that stuff is all by painted by nyc writers who originated that style. Last I checked nyc was in the states....not europe.......... ;)

Location 12 daily graffiti updates

tags, tags, tags

03-05-2002 10:47 AM

blood & guts

this shit is stale.

03-05-2002 01:52 PM

drip one

Rookie

yeah. i like when the originators of that style pull it off cause its theirs. but nowadays lots of people have bitten that shit and use it all the time. people that used to burn. and if you argue this then you probably ride the wagon yourself.

03-05-2002 03:49 PM

HESHIANDET

Crew

quote:

wrongarooni

stonecutters#1

03-05-2002 04:46 PM

Merdle

quote:

I guess yer right then....Very Broadly speaking of course. But thats an American style regardless of weather europe got influenced by it or not. It started in new york. And just as many kids bite aok as msk or fx, theres a difference between whats out there and what u see on 12 oz....I would never look at that stly as a euro stlye simply because it was pioneered in new york, its their style, Europe just got influenced by it...nyc style, not europe style, don't fool yerself/

Last edited by Merdle on 03-05-2002 at 06:50 PM

03-05-2002 06:40 PM

cleansheets

Like I said before....James Kelch was KING OF EMB for the longest...ollied the stage like a curb...

and when GONZ did the gonz gap..off the heezy fo'sheezy..

Wing ding with pop shuvits waist high...Jovante smoother than melted butter... ya shoulda been there..

oh yeah..bump for GHOST.......his style is really really dope...

I always liked watching the RIS part in Video Graff...

and when the time comes...bump some LED ZEPPELIN....

....and like frank black said in KING OF NEW YORK...."fuck tha joint"

Nothing is as it appears.

03-05-2002 06:47 PM

fr8lover

quote:

Originally posted by cleansheets

yeahhhh...

03-05-2002 06:53 PM

intercity

everyone should stop worrying about who's biting who... i'm sure half of you kids think euro graff is wack, but at the same time don't realize how much it rubs off on a2m's style.. maybe i'm stupid, but i see it a lot. its such a big style now, its beyond biting 1 or 2 people. get over it.

DEAD IN THE DIRT MAGAZINE

PO BOX 1030

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN 47131

ISSUE 3.5 OUT NOW. ALL FREIGHTS, ALL COLOR. $3.50 PPD.

03-05-2002 09:10 PM

billz$$

WELL ALL I GOT 2 SAY IS THIS....U GUYS SHOULD PAINT AT YOUR SPOTS THEN POST IT ON UP......I DONT THINK SECRET WOULD LET SOME1 HELP HER OUT BUT HAY I DONT KNOW HER...THATS JUST WHAT I THINK BUT THEN AGAIN WHO IS 2 SAY THAT U TEASER WILL NOT GET HELP FROM ANY1?BECAUSE U R A MAN U DONT NEED HELP & SHE IS A GRIL SO SHE CANT HANG....I SAY FUCK TAHT SHIT I KNOW HELLA GIRLS THAT CAN HANG & PAINT LIKE LOKES....THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS THEN AGAIN WHAT DO I KNOW?IM JUST A LITTLE SPIK IF IT ISN'T ABOUT BEIN A ASSHOLE,SK8IN, OR PAINTIN IM JUST LOST..... .

"DONT PULL THE THANG OUT IN LESS U PLAN 2 BANG..........-OUTKAST"

03-05-2002 09:22 PM

cmeup

Re: this shit is stale.

quote:

Originally posted by blood & guts

once again, you came with tha personal attacks. it doesnt fade me...

you say you seen my shit, im not sure if you saw that last piece at 'tha spot' but you know as well as I do that, that shit was pretty tight for 'some kid who dont paint but once a month' according to you. and unless your gonna be a bitch about it, and say it wasnt cleaner than anything you've ever tried to piece... dont even talk.

cuz you know im right. if you wanna win something, atleast say some shit you'll win at. cuz LIKE YOU SAID, people KNOW. they've seen your shit to, and they know its wack, ask your 'friends'. dont even front like you aint said your shit is wack, cuz you know you have... you told me that before, and you told others. so shut tha fuck up.

and im not acting like my 'PIECES ARE HARD' i said mine are better than any kinda PIECE you could do, and thats true... and you know it. dont be mad, and try to do some gay pussy shit, and talk about my pants.. ya fucking nerd.

i hope your plane crashes on tha way to LA you stupid fuck... ill do a RIP piece for you skank ass at 'tha spot'

IBMUTHAFUCKINTEASE<~

03-05-2002 10:17 PM

IHATEU

i assume there is some internet beef in dis shit son...its funny i scroll past all three pages of horse shit and see some dope ass ghost and the same 4 names...so im sayin is it on 12oz style kid....fucking lame...

03-06-2002 12:47 AM

Jewish Task Force

oh my god like this guy got mad at me on the internet and I was like oh my god so I got like so mad back at him on the internet and he was like oh no she didnt and I was like oh my god like I am so much better than him for sure and he was like oh no you are not and I was like oh my god

03-06-2002 12:50 AM

HAL

Crew

quote:

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

Well ok now ouija is shifting styles. i hope its a one time thing.

03-06-2002 01:16 AM

cmeup

quote:

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

yea, what he said...

03-06-2002 01:17 AM

cmeup

quote:

Originally posted by HAL

hey man, would you please hit me up on AIM sometime? just for a quick chat...

aim - ibteaser...

tease

03-06-2002 01:19 AM

Jewish Task Force

thats what is going on in this thread. stupid.

03-06-2002 01:19 AM

HAL

Crew

quote:

Originally posted by eiziv

i remember ouija saying on another thread this

"We're all biting something. I just don't change with the current fad."

wait what?

oh, maybe he was getting back at me for doing his style, i dunno

03-06-2002 01:20 AM

professor poopatronic

as a few intelligent people have already pointed out, there will always be biters and there will always be trends. and i can't possibly think of a better trend than this one. sure, there's alot of people doing unoriginal uninspired pieces with this style, but if they weren't doing it with ris/aok style they'd just be doing it with ces or revok style or whatever the hell they're into (again, this has already been stated). and personally i'd much rather see unoriginal funk letters than unoriginal messes of arrows and spikes or whatever. the way i see it, this is an old style and eventually people are going to want to push it further (grey comes to mind) and something completely new and original will come of this trend. and it will have the best foundation you could hope for- funky ass letters. i don't see anything wrong with that.

http://www.digisys.net/users/lunsford/imag...ges/mattbig.jpg

03-06-2002 01:58 AM

ohno*rock

quote:

Originally posted by HOST18 DYM

Don't take offense, I'ts a joke. But I really don't like your shit anyway.

dont sweat it. no offense taken. thanks for the press.

roger rogerson

03-06-2002 02:06 AM

HOST18 DYM

Rookie

Blahzayblah

I find it funny how people really do get a nutt off by hearing/reading/speaking/spreading gossip and beef. Has graffiti truly come to this? Then again this is'nt graffiti.

Stop jerking off and go paint.

Brooklyn.

03-06-2002 06:34 AM

crazeeb0b

quote:

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

wrongarooni

Which bit is wrong?

tags, tags, tags

03-06-2002 09:23 AM

Merdle

quote:

Which bit is wrong?

yer wrong becuase you're speaking in too general of terms... From my observation, after living in the states(both coasts) is that just as many kids rock aok influenced letters as west coast influenced letters.. thats were yer wrong. Its an american stlye because it was pioneered in the states! The rest of the states got influenced by it just as much as europe, trust me....

03-06-2002 06:45 PM

crazeeb0b

Well I stand corrected then.

tags, tags, tags

03-07-2002 10:25 AM

sixteenvandals

quote:

Originally posted by HAL

I dont have beef with you if thats what you mean, i was being a little on the cheeky side with my comment. really i would roll with the punches though cause there is no denying you are a student of joker. all i was saying is that i hope you adhere to joker as your source material and pregress with that instead of joining my academy.

i dont think the thing you did really looks like my stuff, i am not nearly as rigid with the vertical/horizontal thing as that piece was. the add on's were similar and maybe the texture, but not the bars.

if you are the one who wants to beef about what i said i think you should reconsider because my agenda is a lot different that yours.

03-08-2002 12:53 PM

bodice_ripper

quote:

Pussy is not my cup of tea.

word!

I fucking hate tea

L.N.V. - Hell hath no fury like the vast robotic armies of a woman scorned

03-08-2002 05:15 PM

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by professor poopatronic

word up. heers the other thing. i have things in my life that are obsessions, like bikes. then there are the things that i do purely for fun and as an escape from the bullshit, like skateboarding. graffiti is riding the line somewhere in between. i try to not take graffiti seriously, i like to think that i have some personal style but the fact of the matter is that when i draw in that "funk" style my shit is hot, and i love the way it looks. its fun to draw, its fun to paint, and its fun to look at. fuck it, you can call me a biter or influenced or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that im having 10x's as much fun as the guy who is set on being cool and top dog. word dunnys.

Archived