Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Your Favorite Train Car

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by nocalfr8tr, Mar 27, 2002.

1. nocalfr8tr

nocalfr8tr Member

i like em all...why?

hopper - pretty flat...good for end to end's or wholecars. if you got a crate or two the hump is no problem

tanker - they're fun, different. look good when they're rocked

boxcar (flat n ridge) - i dont need to mention why

gondola - they're short...huge ass ridges suck...nothing a pro cant handle

my favorite...old school sp flatty woodchip carriers!

a steel wall...ummmmm

many other types, but i like the usual trains...and i never get to paint autoracks so i'm not bringin them into this....i just did, but damn id love to paint one.

2. SIKFUK

SIKFUK Guest

that would have to be, the jrsx simplot,reefer[flat white], or the ic central's grey car with the smooth doors, graff just looks so good on those cars.

3. HAL

HAL Guest

I'm gonna move this to the Trainspotting forum, since it seems better suited there.

I personally like coiled steel cars for variety. We hardly ever get them, but they're an interesting surface, hanging onto that bar across the side with that little catwalk.
    Boxcars of any kind are a healthy part of any trainiac's diet, but I support the four food groups....boxes, hoppers, holies, and gondolas.

4. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Reefers all day. Green BNFE, red/white BNSF, UPFE, Solid Colds regardless of reporting mark, Simplots, Golden West reefers, SPFEs.
    Close followups include flat or baby ridge boxcars, especially not from my area (SLSF, SFLC, BAEX, VCY, GVSR, BN, BNSF, IC, UP, SP, WP, MP, etc.), autoracks, and good old Railboxes for the play.
    I'd like to try a steel coil car.
    Hoppers - ehh. Unless they're a type that might get good play, or I just feel like burning any car, I'll stick to hollows with 3D and all the usual effects, just no fill, to save paint for better cars.
    Tankers are real low priority due to buffing and sometimes lousy play, but I'll bomb em up or rarely go for a mini piece, stamp or character.
    Ridged boxcars are my meat and potatoes. I'll do any door, bar or gnarly surface, but I've done so many that I would opt for the flat box (of 2 boxes with equal play) over the ridged.
    Gondolas are fun once in a while, especially foreign ones. An e2e is practically a wholecar so you can go wide solo or stick a bunch of people across it.

5. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

baex...good call cracked

waffles...we need more here. ic, csxt

baby ridges, another good call cracked....beer car atsf, bnsf...

vcy reefers, other flats...oofah

6. chloe_c.

chloe_c. Guest

solid gold and tropicana

7. Mr.C-Walk

Mr.C-Walk Member

the reefers always seem to be my fav's especially the western fruit express. cars...also a big fan of the old frisco cars sflc? or something like that...cant remeber....the older atsf's have some extreemly nice panels as well ,its always nice to have a nice day photo with the fucking santa fe logo right behind yourletters...with me its also nice to get cars that are predominately found on the opposite coast....and always gotta love the old low budget companies and there are just to many to name...

8. well there's shitloads that i'd kill to hit, mostly reefers, but here are a few of my favorites that i actually get sometimes

friscos of any kind
    those huge shiny red CP boxes
    UPFEs
    golden wests (especially flats)
    rboxes

and if i have to do a hopper, i like those blue golden west ones.

a couple of these i've only done one or two of.

9. monkeybutter

monkeybutter New Jack

how about those scenic cars for mountain rails and shit. theyre super tall with the tinted windows up top but a whole lotta smooth side.

10. Raw fish

Raw fish Member

any car with a nice logo... If I could pick any car, it would have to be a green bn, with the huge logo of course.

the more rusted, busted, strange, foreign and weird the better... I like really strange cars with strange marks that Im not likely to ever see again.

11. Box-Boy

Box-Boy New Jack

Who See's "Grand Trunks?"

Who the hell catches GT's in their yards? Those have been my favorite trains to rock. I just don't know their circulation routes.

12. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

GT's are so rare out my way that I forgot to mention them as a favorite.
    As for play, the extendos carry auto parts and will shuttle back and forth from manufacturing to assembly plants (which could still be a long way), but they rarely leave set routes. Regular size GT boxes probably get more varied play and have to be up there on anyone's list, unless they're absolutely sick of them due to high frequency.

13. Box-Boy

Box-Boy New Jack

The GT's sometimes come back with some Miami, L.A., or even some Canadian stuff rocked on them. I get what you said about them sorta being played out in a way. For the time I was living near the lay-ups. I wouldn't touch them because I felt as if they were just "local."

14. mazer1

mazer1 Guest

this week icg ridge box car!:)

15. BIG T

BIG T Member

i cant fathom the fact that everyone on this board is sleeping on coal cars!!! they move more than you think!!!
    other than that...
    the only cars i get down here that live this black hole of a town are:
    boxes: sou/ns/csxt/railboxs/atw/sm/kcs(i like the orange ones)/ and a rare gnwr(which i must play with myself as i paint it)

hoppers:ns/sou/san/and some of the acfx's roll a little ways...

tankers:i'll hit them all... but i hate it when the nasty shit in it spills all over the side and covers my shit up!
    and you want to talk about intermodels..shit please take some of the ones down here with you!!
    but all and all i think all the cars i have hit are hiden in the yard around here somewhere in like a bunker or something...:D :D