while filming "passion," actor gets struck by lightining

ElectricitySucks

so theres this new movie coming out about jesus and stuff this wednesday. its called "passion" with mel gibson.

and all i hear is people talking about how one of the jesus actors (or someone like that) gets struck by lightining while on set filming the movie. (for real, not part of the movie)

this is either true, in which case, i cant seem to find an article on it, or its a fucking stupid ass rumor.

anyone else hear about this/have an article on it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lightning strikes 'Jesus' on film set

But actor portraying Christ in Mel Gibson's upcoming film miraculously escapes injury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if there wasn't already enough electricity surrounding Mel Gibson's upcoming film on the death of Christ, the actor portraying Jesus was struck by lightning during filming – but miraculously escaped without injury.

Both actor Jim Caviezel, who portrays Jesus in "The Passion of Christ," and assistant director Jan Michelini were struck by lightning while on a remote Italian location several hours from Rome, reports VLife, a supplement to Variety publications, in its October issue. Neither was injured. According to an Associated Press report, the main bolt hit Caviezel while one of its forks hit Michelini's umbrella.

"I'm about a hundred feet away from them," producer Steve McEveety said, according to AP, "when I glance over and see lightning coming out of Caviezel's ears."

What's more, lightning does strike twice. This was the second time lightning has struck the "Passion" set in Italy. In fact, Michelini has earned the nickname of "Lightning Boy" after a previous strike while filming in Italy. According to AP, he suffered light burns to his fingertips resulting from a lightning strike while filming on a hilltop in the Italian town of Matera.

The film, recently renamed "The Passion of Christ," has been the center of controversy and media attention due to claims by some organizations and individuals that the movie –depicting the last 12 hours in Christ's life – might inflame anti-Semitism by implying Jews were responsible for Jesus' death. Some religious leaders who actually have viewed a rough cut of the final product, however, call it the most powerful film about Christ ever made.

Recently, Gibson signed a deal with Newmarket to handle U.S. distribution for "The Passion of Christ." Gibson sources told WorldNetDaily Gibson's Icon Productions is planning a release timed with Ash Wednesday, which next year falls on Feb. 25.

Icon is distributing "Passion" itself in the UK and Australia, where it already has its own distributing operations, according to Variety.

Gibson so far has invested $25 million on the film. With dialogue in Latin and Aramaic in the interests of maximum authenticity, the movie will be subtitled, although Gibson's original plans called for no subtitles.

Read WorldNetDaily's coverage of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ."

link

Originally posted by SteveAustin

Lightning strikes 'Jesus' on film set

But actor portraying Christ in Mel Gibson's upcoming film miraculously escapes injury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if there wasn't already enough electricity surrounding Mel Gibson's upcoming film on the death of Christ, the actor portraying Jesus was struck by lightning during filming – but miraculously escaped without injury.

Both actor Jim Caviezel, who portrays Jesus in "The Passion of Christ," and assistant director Jan Michelini were struck by lightning while on a remote Italian location several hours from Rome, reports VLife, a supplement to Variety publications, in its October issue. Neither was injured. According to an Associated Press report, the main bolt hit Caviezel while one of its forks hit Michelini's umbrella.

"I'm about a hundred feet away from them," producer Steve McEveety said, according to AP, "when I glance over and see lightning coming out of Caviezel's ears."

What's more, lightning does strike twice. This was the second time lightning has struck the "Passion" set in Italy. In fact, Michelini has earned the nickname of "Lightning Boy" after a previous strike while filming in Italy. According to AP, he suffered light burns to his fingertips resulting from a lightning strike while filming on a hilltop in the Italian town of Matera.

The film, recently renamed "The Passion of Christ," has been the center of controversy and media attention due to claims by some organizations and individuals that the movie –depicting the last 12 hours in Christ's life – might inflame anti-Semitism by implying Jews were responsible for Jesus' death. Some religious leaders who actually have viewed a rough cut of the final product, however, call it the most powerful film about Christ ever made.

Recently, Gibson signed a deal with Newmarket to handle U.S. distribution for "The Passion of Christ." Gibson sources told WorldNetDaily Gibson's Icon Productions is planning a release timed with Ash Wednesday, which next year falls on Feb. 25.

Icon is distributing "Passion" itself in the UK and Australia, where it already has its own distributing operations, according to Variety.

Gibson so far has invested $25 million on the film. With dialogue in Latin and Aramaic in the interests of maximum authenticity, the movie will be subtitled, although Gibson's original plans called for no subtitles.

Read WorldNetDaily's coverage of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ."

link

THANKS. looking for an article on it forever. thats some freaky shit.

Ehh, i dunno how much i believe that shit. Wouldn't it just be bangin' publicity for a controversial movie like that if the "jesus" actor was struck by lightning and survived?

Maybe next Mel will get some crazy stigmata action going on while he's at the film's unvieling.

Staged like Jackson's tit.

Originally posted by McPhoo

Ehh, i dunno how much i believe that shit. Wouldn't it just be bangin' publicity for a controversial movie like that if the "jesus" actor was struck by lightning and survived?

Maybe next Mel will get some crazy stigmata action going on while he's at the film's unvieling.

Staged like Jackson's tit.

it happened a while ago when it was still being filmed.

Archived