Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

while filming "passion," actor gets struck by lightining

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ElectricitySucks, Feb 23, 2004.

1. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

so theres this new movie coming out about jesus and stuff this wednesday. its called "passion" with mel gibson.

and all i hear is people talking about how one of the jesus actors (or someone like that) gets struck by lightining while on set filming the movie. (for real, not part of the movie)

this is either true, in which case, i cant seem to find an article on it, or its a fucking stupid ass rumor.

anyone else hear about this/have an article on it?

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

No, but I want to see that movie.....

3. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Me too. And mel gibson DIRECTED the movie. He was in it a few times, but I dont think they show his face. He uses his feet and hand and other stuff like that

4. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

yea.....my friends church is trying to get people to convert, so they'll pay for anybody thats not a member of said church to go...so im goin for free:king:

5. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

^^^^haha my friends moms church is doing that so we are getting a crew together to get baked and go see it for free.

and on a side note I find it funny that this post about someone being hit by lightening was posted by "ElectricitySucks"

6. ElectricitySucks

haha wow just realized that

7. ElectricitySucks

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Lightning strikes 'Jesus' on film set
    But actor portraying Christ in Mel Gibson's upcoming film miraculously escapes injury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if there wasn't already enough electricity surrounding Mel Gibson's upcoming film on the death of Christ, the actor portraying Jesus was struck by lightning during filming – but miraculously escaped without injury.

Both actor Jim Caviezel, who portrays Jesus in "The Passion of Christ," and assistant director Jan Michelini were struck by lightning while on a remote Italian location several hours from Rome, reports VLife, a supplement to Variety publications, in its October issue. Neither was injured. According to an Associated Press report, the main bolt hit Caviezel while one of its forks hit Michelini's umbrella.

"I'm about a hundred feet away from them," producer Steve McEveety said, according to AP, "when I glance over and see lightning coming out of Caviezel's ears."

What's more, lightning does strike twice. This was the second time lightning has struck the "Passion" set in Italy. In fact, Michelini has earned the nickname of "Lightning Boy" after a previous strike while filming in Italy. According to AP, he suffered light burns to his fingertips resulting from a lightning strike while filming on a hilltop in the Italian town of Matera.

The film, recently renamed "The Passion of Christ," has been the center of controversy and media attention due to claims by some organizations and individuals that the movie –depicting the last 12 hours in Christ's life – might inflame anti-Semitism by implying Jews were responsible for Jesus' death. Some religious leaders who actually have viewed a rough cut of the final product, however, call it the most powerful film about Christ ever made.

Recently, Gibson signed a deal with Newmarket to handle U.S. distribution for "The Passion of Christ." Gibson sources told WorldNetDaily Gibson's Icon Productions is planning a release timed with Ash Wednesday, which next year falls on Feb. 25.

Icon is distributing "Passion" itself in the UK and Australia, where it already has its own distributing operations, according to Variety.

Gibson so far has invested $25 million on the film. With dialogue in Latin and Aramaic in the interests of maximum authenticity, the movie will be subtitled, although Gibson's original plans called for no subtitles.

Read WorldNetDaily's coverage of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ."

link

9. ElectricitySucks

THANKS. looking for an article on it forever. thats some freaky shit.

10. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ahahaha

11. TresOne

TresOne Member

Ehh, i dunno how much i believe that shit. Wouldn't it just be bangin' publicity for a controversial movie like that if the "jesus" actor was struck by lightning and survived?

Maybe next Mel will get some crazy stigmata action going on while he's at the film's unvieling.

Staged like Jackson's tit.

12. ElectricitySucks

it happened a while ago when it was still being filmed.

13. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

while being interviewed, bastard sells movie

14. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

why in the hell are they calling it "the passion of THE christ". I'm sick of hearing about it already, but everytime they call it that it makes me cringe? why ad "the" in the title. Is this some legal bullshit....like "Bush X" type shit or what?

15. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

hahahahaha, caviziel