Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Was the election hacked?

Discussion in 'News' started by [email protected]#$%, Nov 8, 2004.

1. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

Evidence Mounts That The Vote May Have Been Hacked

by Thom Hartmann / Common Dreams

When I spoke with Jeff Fisher this morning (Saturday, November 06, 2004), the Democratic candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 16th District said he was waiting for the FBI to show up. Fisher has evidence, he says, not only that the Florida election was hacked, but of who hacked it and how. And not just this year, he said, but that these same people had previously hacked the Democratic primary race in 2002 so that Jeb Bush would not have to run against Janet Reno, who presented a real threat to Jeb, but instead against Bill McBride, who Jeb beat.

"It was practice for a national effort," Fisher told me.

And evidence is accumulating that the national effort happened on November 2, 2004.

The State of Florida, for example, publishes a county-by-county record of votes cast and people registered to vote by party affiliation. Net denizen Kathy Dopp compiled the official state information into a table, available at http://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm, and noticed something startling.

While the heavily scrutinized touch-screen voting machines seemed to produce results in which the registered Democrat/Republican ratios matched the Kerry/Bush vote, and so did the optically-scanned paper ballots in the larger counties, in Florida's smaller counties the results from the optically scanned paper ballots - fed into a central tabulator PC and thus vulnerable to hacking - seem to have been reversed.

In Baker County, for example, with 12,887 registered voters, 69.3% of them Democrats and 24.3% of them Republicans, the vote was only 2,180 for Kerry and 7,738 for Bush, the opposite of what is seen everywhere else in the country where registered Democrats largely voted for Kerry.

In Dixie County, with 4,988 registered voters, 77.5% of them Democrats and a mere 15% registered as Republicans, only 1,959 people voted for Kerry, but 4,433 voted for Bush.

The pattern repeats over and over again - but only in the smaller counties where, it was probably assumed, the small voter numbers wouldn't be much noticed. Franklin County, 77.3% registered Democrats, went 58.5% for Bush. Holmes County, 72.7% registered Democrats, went 77.25% for Bush.

Yet in the larger counties, where such anomalies would be more obvious to the news media, high percentages of registered Democrats equaled high percentages of votes for Kerry.

And, although elections officials didn't notice these anomalies, in aggregate they were enough to swing Florida from Kerry to Bush. If you simply go through the analysis of these counties and reverse the "anomalous" numbers in those counties that appear to have been hacked, suddenly the Florida election results resemble the Florida exit poll results: Kerry won, and won big.

Those exit poll results have been a problem for reporters ever since Election Day.

there's more...

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=284

yes, i know, it's from michael moore.

so, there's more..

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/
    "Please excuse our temporary reconstruction
    This site went down recently when we posted sensitive information."

the site is still up..

http://www.equalccw.com/voteprar.html

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110804A.shtml

A Media Blackout: Media Blacks Out Voting Problems
    http://www.ilcaonline.org/modules.php?op=m...order=0&thold=0

2. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this happened.

i was in the Philippines back in 2001, right after Bush was elected the first time. i explained the whole situation with florida how the courts ruled in Bush's favor, and possibly voter fraud, which gave him the election.
    to my surprise, they were just like, "yeah, that same stuff happens over here every election."
    now, the philippines is a very, very corrupt country and it shocked me that the US could possibly be going down that road, because for some reason i held the states to a higher standard. but after the past 4 years, i can see the slippery slope that your country is starting to slide down.

3. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

I wouldn't be suprised if there was voter fraud, but at this point I don't care.

We need to look ahead, and get focused on '08. If there was some sneaky business, well, I doubt there's much we can do about the Republicans control the entire gov't and I think any attempt to bring this issue out would be automatically labeled 'tin foil hat conspiracy' so there is no point.

We just have to keep on keepin' on.

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

5. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

I doesnt sur[rise me, though i doubt anything will happen and Bush will remain president. sadly.

6. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Yeah. Guess I can't say I'm surprised.

The fucked up thing is that this makes me happy and pissed off at the same time. It restores my faith in people a little bit. Namely because it just seemed too hard to believe that so many americans could be so stupid.

I really would love to see a scandal the size of watergate break from all this info with the end result being John Kerry in office, but I know better.

This really makes me want to escape to some part of the world where life is simpler. Just me and my hut.

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

8. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

NO!!!

fuck that shit!
    they lied, they stole, and WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT!!
    what in the fucking hell?!?!

oh well, they stole the election, there is nothing we can do about it??
    dubya is in prime position to fucking DESTROY the WORLD!
    i'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that the rightful winner of the election is in office!
    how the fuck will anything change if we just keep rolling over and swallowing their shit?

the truth must come out.
    it can't just be swept under the rug because we are afraid that rightwingers won't believe it!
    these are the same people who perpetrated this fraud.
    of course they won't be happy when it gets uncovered.

a reminder:
    the election winner is only the "president-elect" until december or january, when the electoral college votes.
    there is still time to set things straight if they've been fucked up.

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

^ I completely agree.

the first step for all americans was an easy one. go vote.
    we did that. we made our voice heard.

the next step is more difficult. it requires more than taking a little time out of our schedules. we need to stand up for our rights. its time to stop rolling over. thats why we're in this position. its been happening for years.

This is the perfect response to contain disenchanted voters that decided to get involved and vote again. They're used to us rolling over. What better way to turn the people back into disenchanted voters than to fraud the vote and make them think their voice doesn't count.

everyone that voted for Kerry needs to start making some noise. we are 56 million voices strong (according to the fraudulent elections).

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

I agree 110% with symbols. Fuck this shit.
    Where is this army of lawyers at?
    What's it going to take to crack this open?
    Can we get an audit?
    Can I get a witness?
    This is too serious to let slide.
    We are running out of time.
    If we don't make a stand now there will be no second chance.

11. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Keith Olbermann of MSNBC apparently became the first mainstream "journalist"/pundit to cover the issue last night. I don't have a link to the video, but here's a post on Olbermann's blog about it: Electronic Voting Angst. And here's a long DailyKos thread about the same.

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i read some memos online by doing a google search for the company who makes the machines (i forget the name) and 'memo' and there were these papers that somene leaked about how to hack the machines....straight from the company itself. it was all over the net. i wouldn't be surprised if the whole fucking deal was rigged.

13. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

If someone steals your car and changes the VIN number making it appear as if they own it but in all reality they do not, do you "conceed you lost" and simply wait until you can buy a new one?

14. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

just think about it this way: he can't blow up the world because then he wouldn't have any money to make or oil to steal.

we're 'safe'

not really. have fun at the end of the world, kids.

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member