1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Under Pressure 2002

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by ulcer, May 26, 2002.

1. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

Under Pressure 2002

Discussion started by ulcer - May 26, 2002

Rumor has it that Under Pressure will be on again this summer despite Seaz's mournful claims that he will never involve himself with another graffiti event. I've heard that it will be held on August 11 in Montreal (and should bring out an allstar cast, including some big surprises). Submissions for Issue 7 should be sent in soon.. the issue is supposed to be released at the jam. Send shit to

Under Pressure Magazine
    P.O. Box 605
    Branch Place D'armes
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada
    ATT: 45 lies/ Dan

I hope to see some 12 ouncers at the jam again this year....Don't park near the event, Do drink beer and bomb vagrants. Issue 6 in stores now. (this thread is going down in a blaze of promotional glory).

ulcer - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied May 26, 2002

ok, so whos going? I've been swearing up and down that I'll get there for the last 2 years, but this year its happening. I look forward to meeting a bunch of you out there...whats the rollcall so far?

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

wakassOATH - Replied May 26, 2002

heres the message posted on www.visualorgasm.com ...

---------------------------------------------------
    here is some info we got on UP 2002.

Rumor has it that UNDER PRESSURE'S masterminds are currently in their lab preparing this years event even though SEAZ announced last year that it would not happen in 2002. What tricks do they have up there sleeves? We hear that COPE2, TKID, EWOK and others like KEM5, ESPRIT and many more may be on there way into Montreal for the event supposedly being held on Sunday the 11th of August. Are these rumors true? I guess we'll have to wait and see. UNDER PRESSURE magazine issue #6 is now available at your favorite graffiti, clothing and music stores, it comes complete with a cd compilation featuring 18 of Canada's finest Emcees and Turntablists and who said these guys were ONLY pushing graffiti? Under pressure has stayed true to its roots pushing the Canadian Hip Hop movement and helping artists of all the elements get worldwide exposure. Also UNDER PRESSURE magazine issue #7 is currently in the works and is suppose to be ready for the event if it happens, so send in your pictures A.S.A.P. or else you will not get in. make sure all photos are properly labeled (crews, writers, location) to save us a little work. Only actual pictures mailed in will be considered for the magazine, no jpegs or emailed pictures will be accepted! send your pics to:

Under Pressure Magazine
    P.O. Box 605
    Branch Place D'armes
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

ATT: 45 lies/ Dan

Pictures received after June 20th will not be accepted. If you have any content ideas ( undiscovered or underexposed Canadian B-Boys/B-Girls, Emcees, Turntablists, Graffiti Writers ) please send them to paul107@urbanx-pressions.com or seaz@urbanx-pressions.com. We would like to thank everyone who supports us.
    Peace, UNDER PRESSURE CREW

-------------------------------------------------------------------

hope lots of you out of towners can make it for the event.. i look forward to meeting some of you.

4. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

Canadiano - Replied May 26, 2002

i suppose Under Pressure event is blooming, whilst the 416 is dead, or close to it.

5. onesandzeros

onesandzeros 12oz Member

onesandzeros - Replied May 26, 2002

Ahhh, I'm confused? How does one get to obtain wall space at such an event? Prove pro-writer status? Or send in flicks to their magazine? eh?

onesandzeros - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 26, 2002

damn i would have liked to go this year, nice to see some old friends. ah well, im sure ill find a jam somewhere in europe.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

ulcer - Replied May 27, 2002

I don't think they're ready to assign wall space just yet, I think the jam is in it's preliminary stages of development, but word is that planning is underway. I'll let you know if I hear anything regarding wall space.

ulcer - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. jamesbomb

jamesbomb New Jack

jamesbomb - Replied May 29, 2002

jamesbomb - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

INDEPENDENZA - Replied May 29, 2002

TTboy, youre going to toulouse?

10. bigguy

bigguy 12oz Senior Member

bigguy - Replied May 29, 2002

See you all there!

bigguy - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 30, 2002

well hopefully i wiwll make it out there. why you going to be there as well? hit up my email.

12. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

INDEPENDENZA - Replied May 30, 2002

no im not going but would have liked to, i think its a great city for graffiti.

13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 30, 2002

are you heading out to france at all? would you mind if i asked you a few questions in email or something? i think youd be the right person to ask.

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied May 30, 2002

If someone wants to pay for my way to Montreal I'd be happy to join you all..........

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

railroadjerk - Replied May 30, 2002

depends on when.