SUB ZERO: NYHC

ETHREADZNY

Sub Zero

yes another fuckin appreciation thread, but these guys demo was one of the best demos ever heard, If you get a chance to catch them, defiently do...

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/9591/subzero/szcd2.JPG'>

Sub Zero were the undisputed kings of The Boardwalk.

Combining in your face Hardcore with rough edged metal, hip hop, grind and a bit of industrial, Sub Zero quickly gained a following at the Boardwalk, and began putting on shows about once a month or so.

Their raw energy brought kids from all over New York and Connecticut for their shows and when they played, the boardwalk promoters would charge an extra dollar or two... They knew we'd pay it.

The line up I best recall was the one that played on the demo that defined Boardwalk Hardcore.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/9591/subzero/subzero.JPG'>

In 1996, Sub Zero released the CD "Happiness Without Peace" on Too Damn Hype Records. It included new versions of the songs from the demo and some from the 7", along with a slew of new songs, and featured a new drummer named Jim . This was an immediate Hardcore classic and landed the band a record deal with Century Media Records. They remastered and re-released the CD on that label in 1997.

<http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backs...ubzero/szcd.JPG>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by A Fire Inside

FUCK MTV, I WANT MY NYHC..

kudos to you Ethreads for recognizing...

yessir that is what i am saying!!!!!!!!!!

saw AVAIL at EMOS this week!!!!

another great performance by them east coast rednakecks as they call themselves

Originally posted by fr8oholic

sexy sadie, what have you done? you made a fool...

gets real crunchy right after that ^^^^

thumbsup.

where's the maximum penalty thread?

I am glad some others are feeling maxium penalty. could you love is a classic, brings back some memories of a friend who passed away...

and avail is one of the few bands I wish to see live..

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

I am glad some others are feeling maxium penalty. could you love is a classic, brings back some memories of a friend who passed away...

and avail is one of the few bands I wish to see live..

trust me, if you get a chance to see them it is worth every peny you pay. When i saw them this fool jumped off the stage and into the crowd like all hardcore style. Its one dope ass feeling to see all these cats crowded around the mic and slamdancing while this fool is singing FCA.

Guest angry xbox

yeah bobo was there he is at ever show. he has gotten fat. he used to be skinny and used to take his shirt off during the show and point at his tattoos, but he didnt do that this time and to be honest with you i think hes grown out of his role. I mean avail has been together for almost 20 years and he has been with them all the way. show was still dope though and the lead singer has lost weight its kinda funny maybe they traded. ahahahah

• 2 weeks later...