Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Passenger trains.

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by El Sodoma, Mar 30, 2003.

1. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

Is this board all about freights or can anyone here paint clean trains in their city?

2. if you carouse through the flicks i am sure you will find a few of what you are looking for.

3. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

Nah, I'm not looking for flicks, I'm looking for discussion.

4. BigJoe

BigJoe Banned

yeah for some reason most US writers seem to have frgotten their roots..
    freights are cool for some reasons but its not half the fun of a passanger train.
    dosent pack the same kinda punch.

5. porque

porque Senior Member

...there have been about fifty threads on this topic already...dig one up and read to your hearts content...

6. alsar

alsar New Jack

Come round my area, the trains round my hood are clean as. im like the only person into serious graff around here. 1 of u guys should come and do some murals 4 da coulncil:rolleyes:

7. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

yanks=freights...Generalising again huh

8. BigJoe

BigJoe Banned

yeah straight up dickbreath, got a problem?

9. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Some folks are dumb as rocks, but I'll try one more time:
    1.Advertising on the Net that you've done transit is a great way to get yourself busted in the US. So if people are doing transit here, you won't be hearing much about it.
    2.Fifteen or twenty years ago, things changed, and cleans stopped running (hence the name "cleans"). The "roots" and "tradition" you refer to consisted of getting up on subway cars, and seeing your stuff run in front of all the people. With a strong buff on transit these days, you must choose one or the other. Transit heads are respecting the tradition of getting up on subway cars at any cost even if nobody sees it. Freight heads are respecting the tradition by getting up on a train system where people will see it run, even if it's not a subway.
    3.As I understand it Euro freights are kind of lame, a lot different from the North American setup, so you guys might as well stick to passenger action.
    4.Aside from the fact that a lot of graffiti heads are dicks when I finally meet them in person, I have respect for anyone hitting trains of any kind, because trains and graffiti go together. I hope we can agree on that at least.

10. hobbesv2

hobbesv2 Member

i know, right? man o man. some of us really suck at life

and the meeting people thing seems like such an integral part of the frieght scene. so much socializing. i mean this is a _message board_ - we're all catty little girls. plus the flick trading and shit...geez. i'm not complaining, mind you. i like it like this. but in a way it's amazing we've been able to sustain this mess considering what fundamentally asshole human beings i've met writing graffiti.

then again...i've also come to know some of my best friends.

if there's any interest in this imma go start a topic. feel free to beat me to it

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

in the jersey/ny area, the current 'charge' for ONE panel on a transit train is roughly $250,000.
    the way they look at it, they have to pull that car out of service to go to the buff, thus losing out on any potential revenue.

obviously they're not going to get a fine like that to stick, but thats what they claim as 'damages'.

this is why people dont talk about it, its not worth the risk. infact, there are even people over here who paint the piece, get their flic, then go over the whole thing so its unreadable, just to avoid the heat.

12. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

just out of curiousity...have you been to america in the last 10 years???

13. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

I heard it was hot but that's gnarly...

14. BigJoe

BigJoe Banned

yeah i had heard this from ppl in NY, thats pretty hardcore but surely you could just change your name too, i know ppl in brisbane( where the laws are quite harsh too) who have never done the same name on a citytrain twice...either way as long as you get the flick its all good..
    the other thing is i think if less ppl were focused on frieghts more subways and such would get done..graffiti is a really monkey see monkey do activity thats why tehre is such a focus on not letting graff run in city systems, but from the looks of most freights i have seen and scoped in the flesh they are about as easy as a wall and shouldnt have such an emphisus placed on them..
    In my opinion a healthy graffiti scene is where the goal is to do the most hardcore action first then subsequently stlye or anyother concern..

15. vynlone

vynlone Member

The British train and underground systems have a very heavy buff but as lots of writers hit large amounts of transit the buff can't keep up with the damage. Insides , outsides, leanouts, backjumps all get buffed very frequently and its pretty rare to see heavily bombed cars run. But some does run and when it does its better than any freight car. Saying that US freights can be equivalent to country wide fame so its not all bad.
    :D :D :D