Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NHL '04-'05 Lockout

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 23578, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 23578

23578 Elite Member

well what do you think p?

i think it stinks, so what if they're loosing money, that's what negociations are for. if you can't fucking negociate you're salaries down then you fucking lose players. if you're small market, losing money, broke ass team, you're fucking sol. welcome to the free market. fuck the owners. who hownz the Cheifs? Owwnnnz, Oooowwnnzzz. do it.

2. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I used to love hockey growing up, I would imitate the knucle puck that was introduced to me via The Might Ducks movies. Now, I can't say I follow or pay atention to it at all. It may just be the shitty bruins

3. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

yeah the bruins had a good fucking goon squad for years.

4. 23578

23578 Elite Member

yeah they did. they're pretty good right now, they haven't ever solved their goaltending problem, and it looks like they've got a good one. the problem with goaltending is that, to the semi-trained eye, when he has a good team in front of him it may take years to find out if he is any good. a goalie on a shit team has more of a chance to prove himself, but there are still times when no matter what he does he'll get blown out.

5. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

yeah, we've had tons of problems with goaltending, we can assemble a solid team, with play makers and goal scorers and good defense, but our goal tending always just scuffs it up.

But anyway, back to the subject at hand, professional sports players complain way too much, this goes beyond hockey. They get payed pretty damn well, to do something they love, or so we are to believe, to do. Players make more than the president of the united states

6. 23578

23578 Elite Member

yeah they do, and the game is spoiled by it to a degree. the salary cap is not the answer though. tell me if i'm wrong, but big market teams will just have more money to get more top players, and the smaller teams will die out because, even if you are from buffalo, there is just so much you can go through before you lose interest in your team, well, unless you're from buffalo and get buried by squirrels around this time of year.

7. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

damn i long for the days of whats his name , he went to the dallas stars , fuck , im drawing a blank.

8. 23578

23578 Elite Member

Gill Buerin?

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I haven't really kept up with everything thats going contract dispute wise, but my general stance with all pro sports players striking is that if they think the millions of dollars they are making to play a sport they love isn't enough....lets see them fall back on that p.e. degree they may have earned in college. let them try life at 25k a year. maybe they'll appreciate it more.

10. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

not him
    mid 90's

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

If these hands would only kill.

12. 23578

23578 Elite Member

it's basically this: Bettman, and a select few owners want the cap, and they are invoking the name of all the small market teams that are losing money to get it. the players don't want the cap. they posed their economic plan 15mos. ago, the owners rejected it, things were going smoothly negociations wise until the players posed their new plan. Bettman and the CBA called the plan a "watered down" version of the unacceptable plan they laid down before. then yesterday, Bettman locked the players out. rumor has it the few owners Bettman needed to lock 'em out have been lining their pockets for a while in anticipation of this. it's no big wonder. i'm sure there are even more seedy details that the greedy bastards won't tell us. i can't feel bad for the owners, or the players for that matter, they are all greedy, but i feel the owners are going to fuck up the sport more in the long run.

13. 23578

23578 Elite Member

Andy Moog?

14. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

gracias , that was bugging me.

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Damn, I was a huge fan of Moog back in the days.

Anyway, fuck the players. Salary caps need to be put in, man. 23578, you can say that the free market will take out the weak, but that's no good! Hockey is dying in the States, and this lockout isn't helping any. I'm not a hundred percent on the dispute either, but I do know that these players are not being the humble kids who had a love of the game from, say, the seventies and eighties.

Just like AVP - Whoever wins, we (the fans) lose. No doubt, the players deserve money, but hockey is in a very fragile state right now, so this isn't cool.

Brian Burke (who worked with CBC for the World Cup) had a pretty good plan, I remember, which he talked about during the first intermission of the finals.

The real question is: If there is a shortened season, and the Leafs win the Cup, would winning the championship be marred?

If we don't have Roberts and Neuwendyk next year, there will be many more years to come without a Cup for us.